Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

traniht:
Would the pic of the car park possibly be Maison Currie just North of Lyon?

Sorry Ian.You have failed miserably.It was at Transports Sabaton at Le Thor near Avignon.You now go back to the second prize.
Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Another pic from bobblehat.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:
IMG_0031.jpg

charlie one:
Another pic from bobblehat.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:0

Charlie,don’t tell me you downgraded - aye- DOWNGRADED - from an Alton Brewery/Harp Lager AEC MK5 to a Swede - can’t believe it.Was it a Southampton/Hants thing,can’t be rayt. :laughing:
And you went over the water as well - even further than the IOW,money must have been good. :grimacing:

Chris Webb:

charlie one:

Charlie,don’t tell me you downgraded - aye- DOWNGRADED - from an Alton Brewery/Harp Lager AEC MK5 to a Swede - can’t believe it.Was it a Southampton/Hants thing,can’t be rayt. :laughing:
And you went over the water as well - even further than the IOW,money must have been good. :grimacing:

Aye Chris,I did indeed downgrade.But I only did it for the money.I had a large wife and a small family or was it a small wife and a
large family.Can,t remember.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:

Chris Webb:

charlie one:

Aye Chris,I did indeed downgrade.But I only did it for the money.I had a large wife and a small family or was it a small wife and a
large family.Can,t remember.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Aye,well before nurse comes do you recall a S’oton firm called Reece - Blatchford,did warehousing near the docks? Not sure if they had their own motors though.

Yes Chris I do remember them.Remember seeing their motors around.Was Head office in Exeter? I expect Pat will know.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

MaggieD:
Hi Charlie,
Well done, the reason the pics are small is you forgot to ask for a “plus” like you used to do ! :blush: :blush:

Pat, saw Mick Leech on the M27 with his new truck today, very smart, didn’t Justin Kelly drive for R K Crisp at one time ?

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard.Many thanks for the tip.Will try that.Not sure how to do it.I will have to phone GazIOW.
He seems to know all the violins! Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi All, Hi Pat i liked your dentist, wouldnt mind going more often if they were all like that :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Charlie can you make em a bit bigger mate (the pics) havent been to spec savers yet !! R Jimski

Jimski:
Hi All, Hi Pat i liked your dentist, wouldnt mind going more often if they were all like that :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Charlie can you make em a bit bigger mate (the pics) havent been to spec savers yet !! R Jimski

Look here Jimski,I dont know how.Ive asked everybody.What help have I had? Zilch.Do you think ■■■■■■ might help?
Its driving me mad.(Driven me mad) Any clues? Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Charlie ,Well at least youve put them on mate, i cant even do that :blush: aint to good on these things Charlie, Pat did show me once but by the time i got home i couldnt even remember what day it was :blush: i reckon Pat is your man who will know.keep off the blue things Charlie they will only get you in trouble :unamused: Jimski

TruckNet UK:
I remember IRVINGS having the Plasterbpard contract … but havent seen there wagons for a while

Definately Fergies now…I know this, incidentally, 'cos I spent many a happy hour sat at East Leake waiting for a backload when I worked for them…and have a good friend who is still doing it now, poor [zb]… :wink:

Hi Jimski.Yes I will have a word with Pat.He seems to know all about these things.As for the blues,I only use them in a cup of tea
They stop your biscuit going soft.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Charlie I will help you if you like no problem

Here is one of Terry Moody’s pics taken in Cyprus a couple of years ago is it one of Clarkes?

YES DEFINITELY PAT YOU CAN SEE CLARKS ON THE AIRDAM IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

charlie one:
Yes Chris I do remember them.Remember seeing their motors around.Was Head office in Exeter? I expect Pat will know.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

I think you are right about their head office being in Exeter Charlie,a bit hazy about it though as it was 42 years ago when I delivered there. :laughing:

Hello All
Another question how did the Volvo F10,F12 and F16 engines compare to the Scanias■■?
Regards Jacko

ainacs:

R-JACKO:

tribsa:
Hi All
Jako thats the rule of thumb on the liters

Cheers Rich had a feeling that was right about the liters.I should have made it clearer.What BHP were the Scanias.The Volvo 88/89 were they 240/290 BHP? Just wondered how the Scanias compared.
Regards Jacko

Hi Jacko as has been said the 110/111/112/113 all had straight 6 11 litre engines

The 140/141/142/143 all had V8 14 litre engines

As regards BHP I think they were as follows;
110 = 250bhp,
111 = 285bhp(Dutch spec 305bhp)
112 non intercooled = 305bhp,
112 intercooled = 330bhp
113 intercooled = 360bhp
113 intercooled EDC (electronic diesel control) = 380bhp

140 = 350bhp
141 = 375bhp
142 non intercooled = 388bhp
142 intercooled = 420bhp
143 intercooled = 450bhp
143 intercooled EDC = up to 470/500bhp

Hello Pat
Thanks for the info on the Scanias always wondered how they compared to the old Volvo.
Dads first Scania 112M had the 305 non intercooled engine.

Regards Jacko

Marc (Bubbleman) put a pic of a Scania 111 that was a sister Scania to a 140 I had

Hello Pat,here…well spotted with Colin Ducks 111 PHO101P being a sister to yours…heres PHO99P sister the other way. :smiley:

Cheers Marc, :wink:

best slow down in the mountains