Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Jackpot or not, Buzzer

I believe you are correct

I think the handsome one had a Mercedes at some point and his name is Gordon :laughing:

gerbil sb152:
I think the handsome one had a Mercedes at some point and his name is Gordon :laughing:

Kev I remember an Smith’s Atki Borderer and I think that went abroad as well but there was men driving back then, JD

Kev don’t tell Charleone about the shallots, I see he is booked in JD

Your not wrong there buzzer.Theses kid’s of today would not know what hit them with no fridge no microwave no dab radio and half the time no heater. :sunglasses: oh nearly forgot NO sat nav what would they do. Bless

And first prize goes to Buzzer ! He had at least two Mercs at Mammoths i remember a trip in each one when I was a boy .

That’s not fair i got it first i was trying to make it more dramatic and hang it out like most driver’s do. :frowning:

Sorry Gerbil …you get Bullys special prize !

“Rocket”? Gordon.

badboybumpkin:
Sorry Gerbil …you get Bullys special prize !

Ha Ha Kev that’s a trip in the Atki to Milan, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

gerbil sb152:

Kev I remember an Smith’s Atki Borderer and I think that went abroad as well but there was men driving back then, JD

Here it is just shipped into Poole from Cherbourg and seen leaving the docks.

A00518.JPG

Well done Dean with Smithy’s Atki just don’t know how you find em, I could visualise it so knew I was not dreaming, Buzzer

Here’s a pic of Gordon Smith taken in Novara Italy when he was only 50 years old, a great chap to run with.

Regards
Richard

Mappo reckons he had already left the building when this picture was taken, no steamers in sight there so he was right, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Mappo reckons he had already left the building when this picture was taken, no steamers in sight there so he was right, Buzzer

Hello Buzzer is the photo of Henry Smithers yard one of yours?
Regards R-JACKO

Smithers yard pic is not mine normally I post nmp but forgot on this occasion, Buzzer.

Hi all, doe’s it really matter who it belong’s to it must have been posted on an open forum in the past so it’s there for all to see. :sunglasses:

Here’s a pic of Kevin aka gerbil sb152 in that same yards a few years ago !!

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:
Here’s a pic of Kevin aka gerbil sb152 in that same yards a few years ago !!

Regards
Richard

Gerbil looks quite athletic in that picture was he running or was that a marching shot ? time is catching up with the fella now, Buzzer.