Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Dean I used to pull Jameson trailers out of Southampton but back then all the trailers shipped into the port just round the corner from there yard, when you got a job you never got any delivery paperwork from the office until the tyres, brakes &lights were all checked by the fitters before you left, remember going to there closing down sale and now the yard is now a builders merchants. We had a yard opposite later on and that is now all built on as is Lorraines lorry park, Buzzer.

Hi Dean
The F88 & Merc look like Brian Wrens’ from Alresford
Cheers
Rich

tribsa:
Hi Dean
The F88 & Merc look like Brian Wrens’ from Alresford
Cheers
Rich

You could well be right Rich. What put me off was the colour.

Most of his Motors were a light green. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Always been interested in number plates from a young kid and below are three very close ones, but who had 499 & 500 any one know, Buzzer.

A04147p.JPG

A04154.JPG

Buzzer:
Dean I used to pull Jameson trailers out of Southampton but back then all the trailers shipped into the port just round the corner from there yard, when you got a job you never got any delivery paperwork from the office until the tyres, brakes &lights were all checked by the fitters before you left, remember going to there closing down sale and now the yard is now a builders merchants. We had a yard opposite later on and that is now all built on as is Lorraines lorry park, Buzzer.

Thanks for the reply Buzzer and for Rich and Charlie’s comments. :wink:

Another one of Jameson’s.

A00331.JPG

DEANB:

Buzzer:

Thanks for putting that pic on Dean. That was mine for a short time

Until I was made to resign. Not really. I was dismissed for getting it

lifted in Concorezzo. Lovely job. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:

DEANB:

Buzzer:

Thanks for putting that pic on Dean. That was mine for a short time

Until I was made to resign. Not really. I was dismissed for getting it

lifted in Concorezzo. Lovely job. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Must have been a big crane Charles.

Buzzer. Very droll I’m laughing now but not then! Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:
Buzzer. Very droll I’m laughing now but not then! Regards Charlie [emoji38] [emoji38]

I do believe that Wally Hawkins used to drive the Volvo 290 same time as Freddy and Alfie and dear old Ex SAS catering corp Percy

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

traniht:

charlie one:
Buzzer. Very droll I’m laughing now but not then! Regards Charlie [emoji38] [emoji38]

I do believe that Wally Hawkins used to drive the Volvo 290 same time as Freddy and Alfie and dear old Ex SAS catering corp Percy

I seem to remember you and the heist from Congorezzo did your Sicillian brothers pay you off Charlie or was it Bavignole from the Milano office

Hi all, neversweat where was the pictures of the r&a taken that was me in the 2nd truck the renault te front truck has a sb plate in the window it looks like either dave or andy meton driving it but i thought longo was the only other driver on r&a with an sb plate. Mr Evans will know i am sure. :sunglasses:

Just thought the first one could be the scud aka chris mariner. :smiley:

Pitter Seddon.

A00333.JPG

Hi Kev
I think the picture is the A1 Knottingly
Rich

Hi rich you could be right we used to come down that way en route to dover. :smiley:

gerbil sb152:
Hi rich you could be right we used to come down that way en route to dover. :smiley:

Hows ur beans doing mate ? Buzzer.

neversweat1:

Hi Steve,

Great photo thanks for putting it on,hope all is well with you in Reading.

Kevin you are right it was Andy Meaton driving,here’s one of you posing at a Routiers somewhere ! Could be Jayat ?

Regards

Richard

Hi Horaces first aka Andy just thought I would post this to see if you have any French beans yet down in the South of France, its a green fingered thing as you know, Cheers Buzzer.