London lez zone

And when planes start taking off from the third runway at Heathrow it’ll be back to square one again!

Goldfinger:
Someone should make a note of the current pollution levels now…

Give it a certain amount of time…

Then check them again…

See what’s probably changed… Or not… Or increased…

Then say, yep - that worked… :unamused:

Will people be wanting their money back because the LEZ didn’t work…■■?

The emissions won’t fall much, for the next couple of years anyway, residents in the zone don’t need to be compliant till October 2021 and London-licensed taxis are exempt from ULEZ charges. They are currently subject to a 15-year age limit.

Course it is nothing to do with upsetting the voters.

Pre '79 no problem & it’s a rolling 40 yr exemption after that.

In fact even for commercials pre’ 73 is OK, so punchy Dan is prob OK :wink:
[/quote]
Not for the first time. I wish I had kept my Albion Clydesdale and Two Stroke Commer.

that nice mr. khan doesn’t want dirty smelly diesel engines in his nice city, fine I can live with that but he wants goods brought in by rail and I cant remember seeing an electric freight train so is he going to charge network rail for the privilege of going there ?

Can bet your life delivery firms that are compliant don’t have to pay. The charge .they will tell there customers you need to pay more per delivery to cover the charge

eurotrans:
that nice mr. khan doesn’t want dirty smelly diesel engines in his nice city, fine I can live with that but he wants goods brought in by rail and I cant remember seeing an electric freight train so is he going to charge network rail for the privilege of going there ?

Mate of mine owns a company who refurbish and paint trains, he told me a few weeks back that every time a diesel train pulls into Kings Cross it is charged £5000 emissions tax! Dunno how true that is but I have no reason to disbelieve it.

edd1974:
Can bet your life delivery firms that are compliant don’t have to pay. The charge .they will tell there customers you need to pay more per delivery to cover the charge

NOT good if you are a corner shop in a narrow street London district…

GOOD - if you are a new van owner with customized plates and lots of dirt - to fool the cams and/or the charging system that permits van drivers to pass on the costs to their customers that they didnt’ run up themselves in the first place.

I get to try this out tomorrow. Yay :unamused:

Because I’ve only ever owned old bangers for my personal vehicle, I’ve now not been to London in my car for 3 years now.
The cost of a capital card went up from £8.20 to £8.90 under the 8 years of Boris Johnson as Mayor, and then went up to first £12.00 and now £24.00 for the same kent railway stations under Khaan.

Guess what? - It has now been three years since I have trod the streets of London as a private citizen AT ALL.

If work sends me there - I’ll go. If not, I’ve long since passed on visiting the city I once grew up in. :frowning: :frowning:

I thought that FORS now applies to sites nationwide, not just London. When I did an agency stint with a hazardous waste firm from September to December last year, I used to get reguarly sent to building sites right in the centre of the capital (including Westminster Palace on behalf of Wates to collect some WEEE waste from there), but the motor I had (12-plate Scania 26-tonner) did not bear ANY FORS-related crap whatsoever (stickers, audible left-turn warning, etc).

edd1974:
Fors is mainly if you deliver to building sites.
Don’t think you need it for general warehouse deliveries in london.

It’s all just tick box thing get a sticker on your truck makes your company look good.
I recently done my fors course was all online.
Watching videos answer questions all stuff any good driver should.know.
Worst thing there was about 8 or 10 modules and it doesn’t count towards your cpc
But now I’ve passed it I’m a better driver.

If you want an excuse not go to london tell em.before you go you want a stab vest and danger money

Where I work we are Fors gold accredited. The modules should count towards your cpc, but the online course needs to be accompanied with the practical classroom course.

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

rgt1973:

edd1974:

It’s all just tick box thing get a sticker on your truck makes your company look good.
Worst thing there was about 8 or 10 modules and it doesn’t count towards your cpc

If you want an excuse not go to london tell em.before you go you want a stab vest and danger money

Where I work we are Fors gold accredited. The modules should count towards your cpc, but the online course needs to be accompanied with the practical classroom course.

Because we deliver to.builsing sites been told.company needs to be a fors member.
We’re bronze now.
We went on a cycle awareness course which counted a 1 cpc module… heard nothing for about 2 months. Then in February was given some.forms.
Told need go on fors website use these login details and complete the modules. Which I did all.in my own time at home.
And told that’s it now.
Been asking about cpc company said bike ability course counted as 1 were boom you onto courses nearer the time. .
Talk about leaving it to the last minute.

Have heard talk there thinking of going for fors silver. What the difference is though God knows

edd1974:

rgt1973:

edd1974:

Because we deliver to.builsing sites been told.company needs to be a fors member.
We’re bronze now.
We went on a cycle awareness course which counted a 1 cpc module… heard nothing for about 2 months. Then in February was given some.forms.
Told need go on fors website use these login details and complete the modules. Which I did all.in my own time at home.
And told that’s it now.
Been asking about cpc company said bike ability course counted as 1 were boom you onto courses nearer the time. .
Talk about leaving it to the last minute.

Have heard talk there thinking of going for fors silver. What the difference is though God knows

I take it you have done the lo-city module as well? That has a classroom section too!

No. Did a day in class room called bikability went pit on a pedal bike for half the day.
Rest was just online mosules Can’t remeber what they were all called.
And now am a bronze member got a sticker on my truck to prove it

Can someone summerize for information purposes what the different classicications “bronze-gold” cost, and what you get with each tier of “membership”?

Might be somewhere here?

fors-online.org.uk/cms/faqs/

I know for past few days taxi drivers in Birmingham have been protesting at rush hour every day .because Birmingham is briging in a charge next year

The thing is, as Fors is now considered the standard, every city is going to require that we meet these regulations. I personally don’t think it’s such a bad thing. It sorts out the professional outfits from the cowboys.

rgt1973:
The thing is, as Fors is now considered the standard, every city is going to require that we meet these regulations. I personally don’t think it’s such a bad thing. It sorts out the professional outfits from the cowboys.

Does it ZB ,it shows up the ■■■ lickers ,I’ve done FORS 3 yrs on the trot before now and I can say they wouldn’t know a cowboy from the next one ,I’ve pulled the wool over the auditor time after time .

Heres a question. I’ve done the modules am now bronze

Say I leave my company go elseware that delivery to building sites.
Am I still fors member does if follow me around? Or do I need to do.it again
Or I leave company they take on a driver to replace me. Put them in my truck. Which has the stickers on how would anyone know the difference.