Expanded ULEZ now live - Don't get caught out

"The zone now covers all areas within the North and South Circular Roads. The North Circular (A406) and South Circular (A205) roads are not in the zone.
Even if you make a short trip inside the zone using a vehicle that doesn’t meet the ULEZ emissions standards, you need to pay the £12.50 daily charge. However, you don’t need to pay the ULEZ charge if you are parked inside the zone and don’t drive."

Source:
tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra- … e-and-when
Check Vehicle:
tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/
Pay:
tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/pay-to-drive-in-london

stupid question maybe but isnt it down to the companies to sort out ie to only send euro 6 vehicles into london.

I’ve said it before clean air charges are a waste of time.

You can’t come to London and pollute the air. Fair enough but if you pay a fee you can.
A majority will just pay the charge.
Only way to stop the pollution /air quality
.is just ban any non compliant veichel full stop.
All money making how many thousands cars n trucks travel to London a day at cost of £12 .50
Thousand a day being generous is £12500 a day times 7 days a week £87,500 a week
Basiaclly give or take £100 k a week
Be good to know what there doing with it. Are the creating open spaces green areas planting thousand of tress with it?

Notice how the shift to the great utopian paradise penalises the poorest in society most, wonder how long it will take for the penny to drop where this is all going, my bet the pennies won’t drop for most who will continue to vote for more totalitarian rule punishment and financial ruination, yet wonder why these things feature ever more highly in their lives.

Thanks for putting those links up Scania Ultimate.

Because I’m Euro 5 it’s actually 2 payments to be made. One is £12.50 and the other is £100 so it’s £112.50 for my wagon to enter the rat invested hole. Touch wood that’s the last time for a while before I get to go back in there.

It is a nuisance however its now widely accepted that poor air pollution particularly from diesel engines kills people most operators will have compliant vehicles and most cars will also avoid the charge.

Also the government needs to recoup its losses from the pandemic and as we know the road user is the easy target amongst others what annoys me most is the fact that it targets Londoners and those visiting London who simply can’t afford to run a newish car thus taking from those who can least afford it.

The upside is that central London is know a pleasant place to visit gone are the filthy buildings the endless traffic jams and the foul air.

mike68:
It is a nuisance however its now widely accepted that poor air pollution particularly from diesel engines kills people most operators will have compliant vehicles and most cars will also avoid the charge.

Also the government needs to recoup its losses from the pandemic and as we know the road user is the easy target amongst others what annoys me most is the fact that it targets Londoners and those visiting London who simply can’t afford to run a newish car thus taking from those who can least afford it.

The upside is that central London is know a pleasant place to visit gone are the filthy buildings the endless traffic jams and the foul air.

And is still and always will be an S hole of a place :imp:

edd1974:

You can’t come to London and pollute the air. Fair enough but if you pay a fee you can.
All money making how many thousands cars n trucks travel to London a day at cost of £12 .50
Thousand a day being generous is £12500 a day times 7 days a week £87,500 a week
Be good to know what there doing with it. Are the creating open spaces green areas planting thousand of tress with it?

It appears your figures are way too low…
“Transport for London (TfL) has earned £220,000 per day since the introduction of the London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ).”
Source:
fleetnews.co.uk/news/enviro … irst-month

That was back in 2019; therefore based on the smaller area where it applied then.
I believe the charge for a HGV is £100 - which means the figures are known to be way below the actual takings as they were calculated as though all the vehicles were cars.

Juddian:
Notice how the shift to the great utopian paradise penalises the poorest in society most, wonder how long it will take for the penny to drop where this is all going, my bet the pennies won’t drop for most who will continue to vote for more totalitarian rule punishment and financial ruination, yet wonder why these things feature ever more highly in their lives.

Thanks for putting those links up Scania Ultimate.

You are welcome.

It is over for us.
We are expertly managed to within a hair’s breadth of our sanity.
Those who can see beyond the rhetoric & manipulation are easily restricted through technology.

We have a purely political prisoner in our country & a war criminal making millions from humanitarian funds…
Oops sorry, I believe we are supposed to be talking about Strictly Come Dancing.

cooper1203:
stupid question maybe but isnt it down to the companies to sort out ie to only send euro 6 vehicles into london.

I agree, but I was surprised to learn (though this forum) that drivers can be legally obliged to pay for insurances excesses by employment contract terms.
I would therefore suggest once it becomes a ‘fine’, rather than a charge, some drivers may find they become responsible for it through contractual terms.

edd1974:

Come on mate, seriously?
You don’t believe it has any ■■■■ thing to do with the official line of ‘‘Clean air’’ do you?

It’s like everything else in this country , dcpc, speed cameras, load security on cardboard etc etc , just an excuse and bloody good way of raising cash, nothing more nothing less.
Only differencec with this one is it’s the flavour of the month with the public and the media…‘‘Saving the Planet’’, so they can’t go wrong.
The green lobby love it, most of the public love it, and they are actually being seen to do something, and it’s an excellent vehicle for a lucrative cash cow…Everybody’s happy. :sunglasses:
Exceot us and motorists.

all they are trying to do is flog new vehicles an force people to shop online. the irony is that the more people shop online the more they need delivery vans

According to the Major of London they do not make any ‘profit’ out of the LEZ.
Apparently it costs as much to run as it takes in.
Considering NHS Test and Trace has so far cost £35,000,000,000 it is possible as those in charge have an amazing ability to make money disappear.

Of course it is always their intention to make sure schemes run cost neutral because if they don’t ‘lose’ it all via their friends & donors it would then make its way into the public ■■■■■.

ScaniaUltimate:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

ScaniaUltimate:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think they use the same accountant as Amazon & Google et al.

There should be a network of lorry drop off points outside London, preferably by the M25, so vocational drivers never have to enter that crud hole ever again. A reasonable transhipment fee of say £12.50 to be paid directly to the delivering driver would sound fair to me… :sunglasses:

LIBERTY_GUY:
There should be a network of lorry drop off points outside London, preferably by the M25, so vocational drivers never have to enter that crud hole ever again. A reasonable transhipment fee of say £12.50 to be paid directly to the delivering driver would sound fair to me… :sunglasses:

Nah, here’s a better option (hat will never ever happen unfortunately. :unamused: )
I remember when going into London was fine,.there were numerous parks if your time was up, without having to travel miles and hours to get out, or park 2 hours short to go there in the morning. and when you were not looked upon as an unwanted but necessary evil to take crap and be abused financially for simply doing your job…making deliveries.

A hard line 'fight fire with fire approach is needed, hold them to ransom, where alll hauliers get together and refuse to go in or around their stupid ■■■■ whatever ‘‘zones’’ :unamused: …, until they stop treating us like ■■■■ trespassers, stop using us as a cash coe.
Ban limits for this and limits for that,.and wait until they provide proper truck parks in the.area…like they used to.

Until then they get nothing delivered and that prize ■■■■ whit mayor Genghis Khan or whatever tf you call him sorts the whole cluster ■■■■ of delivering in that area …out.
Sorted.

LIBERTY_GUY:

Why the M25 when 1 it doesn’t denote ‘London’ at all and 2 the North and South Circulars are the relevant threshold boundary in this case.
Robroy’s sulution is as good as any.
Kahn has created the problems within London’s boundaries so let him solve them there but keep his nose out of ours of which the M25 isn’t it.

Its class war. Get the proles on their bikes and cheek by jowl on the morning bus. Most people don’t run an older car because they want to choke granny with no² ,they do so out of financial neccesity.
I know there is a scrappage scheme, but it is the working class jobs with their odd starting hours and bags of tools that require the flexibility of a car or van, and should be offered a realistic substitute, not a bloody fine.

Carryfast:

LIBERTY_GUY:

Why the M25 when 1 it doesn’t denote ‘London’ at all and 2 the North and South Circulars are the relevant threshold boundary in this case.
Robroy’s sulution is as good as any.
Kahn has created the problems within London’s boundaries so let him solve them there but keep his nose out of ours of which the M25 isn’t it.

Someone lives within the M25 and doesn’t like it being called London :smiley: :wink: