Expanded ULEZ now live - Don't get caught out

switchlogic:

‘Carryfast’:
Kahn has created the problems within London’s boundaries so let him solve them there but keep his nose out of ours of which the M25 isn’t it.

Someone lives within the M25 and doesn’t like it being called London :smiley: :wink:

Especially when it absolutely definitely really isn’t …so far.

anything inside the m25 is greater london. London being the operative word there. most wouldnt consider epsom as london but it is serviced by tfl and has greater london on the boundry signs. It also has the london attitude of ignorance and self importance demonstrated yesterday by the muppet in an audi that was parked in a goods in bay and tried to tell me i should of waited blocking the main road untill he had finished his conversation with his wife (that also got in the car) He walked off back to his car when i pointed out he was parked in a clearly signed goods in bay and went and parked in the shops parking bays that were 2 feet further from the shop door.

I still maintain the best way of dealing with london is have a warehouse on every major road in and all goods get droped there. Also a tollboth that they have to pay a fine to come out of london something like 100 pounds a day aught to keep them from infecting the rest of the country with the crap

cooper1203:
anything inside the m25 is greater london. London being the operative word there. most wouldnt consider epsom as london but it is serviced by tfl and has greater london on the boundry signs.

That’s news to every Surrey resident.So tell us exactly where those signs are that say Epsom and Ewell is a London Borough so we can inform the County Council to get them removed.
TFL buses go to Dorking ( 465 ) and Esher ( K3 ) too but Mole Valley and Elmbridge are both also definitely Surrey Boroughs not London and Dorking is well outside the M25.

mycouncil.surreycc.gov.uk/mgLis … =mboroughs

For the avoidance of any doubt this is ‘Greater’ London’s’ ( as everywhere else stolen ) boundary with Surrey at Elmbridge and it’s a lot further inside the M25 than Epsom is.

goo.gl/maps/PHVHnphr7SLA8Vwy6

While the even standard Low Emissions Zone starts a bit further on into London’s side of the boundary than that here.
goo.gl/maps/4u2db6muvywNragg8

Elmbridge and Epsom and Ewell and Mole Valley definitely ain’t a part of Kahn’s republic.
Bearing in mind that Mole Valley Borough borders both Greater London inside the M25 at Chessington and Sussex way outside of it almost at Horsham.
The M25 means absolutely nothing.
Do you actually even live in Surrey.
Assuming that you ever get your wish for an M25 London Boundary expect to see a massive exodus of those of us who clearly aren’t Londoners and don’t want to be Londoners nor have any intention of being so.

Greater London Boundary v M25

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_L … _towns.png

Standard Low Emission Zone again the M25 means nothing.

tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-em … his-page-1

Remember that those people on the home counties suburbia - are the ones who lose out the most, but also have the opportunity to re-shape their local lifestyles to cut London out of the equation as much as family committments allow…

Outer Londoners - are also used to being disenfranchised in elections as well, don’t forget.

I doubt if there’s many of them that voted for Khaaan at any time, but have had to put up with his taxations nonetheless, whilst inner londoners benefit from transport links in ways that actually make it PAY to “not run a car”…

Winseer:
Remember that those people on the home counties suburbia - are the ones who lose out the most, but also have the opportunity to re-shape their local lifestyles to cut London out of the equation as much as family committments allow…

Outer Londoners - are also used to being disenfranchised in elections as well, don’t forget.

I doubt if there’s many of them that voted for Khaaan at any time, but have had to put up with his taxations nonetheless, whilst inner londoners benefit from transport links in ways that actually make it PAY to “not run a car”…

Firstly there is no such thing as outer London or Inner London it’s either London or it’s not.
People like the freedom and ‘benefits’ of using their cars and that applies whether it’s inner London, or those parts of ‘outer London’ stolen from the home counties in 1965, or what remains of the home counties, or anywhere else in the country.
The best way to cut ‘London’ and its basket case local government out of ‘our’ local lifestyles is to make sure that ‘London’ doesn’t get and take any more of the home counties than it’s taken already and anyone who doesn’t want to live under that regime can vote with their feet by selling up and moving out.
‘We’ don’t vote for or against Kahn because luckily he and his Tory provided GLA regime isn’t part of our local authority scene and therefore he and it are an irrelevance here.
Which is more or less what drives the housing market of the home counties.
It would obviously help that aim if truck operators and drivers actually knew exactly what is and what isn’t ‘London’ in that regard and stop branding places like Epsom or Esher in Surrey, or Watford in Hertfordshire, as being part of Kahn’s republic.When they clearly aren’t.
While anyone who lives in ‘Greater London’ doesn’t have to stay there.
Although they also have the option to tell their councillors that they want out and to return to the counties they belong to.
There is certainly some sympathy to that idea in the ‘London’ Borough of Kingston at least and has been since it was laughably annexed by the GLC/GLA in 1965.
To the point where they had to cover up the insult of the annexation of Surrey’s County Town by using the ‘Royal’ Borough false flag because they knew that calling it a London Borough would have been too much to get away with in the day.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

‘Carryfast’:
Kahn has created the problems within London’s boundaries so let him solve them there but keep his nose out of ours of which the M25 isn’t it.

Someone lives within the M25 and doesn’t like it being called London :smiley: :wink:

You’re a Londoner chap, go get some jellied eels and deal with it. :smiley:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Only if you can’t read a map and don’t know where London is.
I can just imagine you parked in Cobham services, refusing to move while arguing the point with a route planner, who’s trying to send you to Weybridge or Molesey or Epsom or Watford with a non LEZ compliant truck.

ScaniaUltimate:

edd1974:
I’ve said it before clean air charges are a waste of time.

You can’t come to London and pollute the air. Fair enough but if you pay a fee you can.
A majority will just pay the charge.
Only way to stop the pollution /air quality
.is just ban any non compliant veichel full stop.
All money making how many thousands cars n trucks travel to London a day at cost of £12 .50
Thousand a day being generous is £12500 a day times 7 days a week £87,500 a week
Basiaclly give or take £100 k a week
Be good to know what there doing with it. Are the creating open spaces green areas planting thousand of tress with it?

It appears your figures are way too low…
“Transport for London (TfL) has earned £220,000 per day since the introduction of the London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ).”
Source:
fleetnews.co.uk/news/enviro … irst-month

That was back in 2019; therefore based on the smaller area where it applied then.
I believe the charge for a HGV is £100 - which means the figures are known to be way below the actual takings as they were calculated as though all the vehicles were cars.

Think of all the poor people now getting poorer by the day, because they’d rather vote for Khaaan for no other reason than he wears the red rosette… Can’t be a “Race” thing as they voted against the black Tory candidate, don’t forget.

Congratulations, snowflakes! - Reap what you sow. Outer London residents - at least have the option of transfering the bulk of their live business to outside the M25 rather than within the North/South Circular roads…

Inner London “White Van Man” - not only had to replace his old banger with a 15+ plate to “comply”, but now has to cough up every damned day as well on top. Then there’s the lack of artics bringing in stuff from outside, because so few of us now want to do that, at least for pay less than a score per hour… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

The crazy thing about all of this is the air is not static and does not magically stop over the city! As soon as the emissions are made, they rise above ground level, and are blown in the wind. They are diluted and dispersed, and best of all, do not linger over the city at all! Within a few hours they have moved far away from the area of emissions. Within 24 hours, they are over another country entirely!

It’s just the biggest load of crap ever.

In the same week that this charge, which penalises those who cannot afford to buy a newer vehicle most, Sunak announces a reduction in the tax on domestic flights.
To be clear - he is reducing the tax charged for taking a flight out or into the ULEZ!

Anybody still buying the ‘levelling up’ tag line?

P.S. I am aware of the difference between the roles of Khan & Sunak.

TruckerGuy:
The crazy thing about all of this is the air is not static and does not magically stop over the city! As soon as the emissions are made, they rise above ground level, and are blown in the wind. They are diluted and dispersed, and best of all, do not linger over the city at all! Within a few hours they have moved far away from the area of emissions. Within 24 hours, they are over another country entirely!

It’s just the biggest load of crap ever.

As opposed to the Green Belt rightly known as the lungs of London.
So while it moans about the pollution it wants to expand the urban crap hole further and burn the trees as biomass to stop ‘climate change’.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

I can just imagine you parked in Cobham services, refusing to move while arguing the point with a route planner, who’s trying to send you to Weybridge or Molesey or Epsom or Watford with a non LEZ compliant truck.

I don’t argue with planners. Probably one of many ways we are opposites :wink:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

I don’t argue with planners. Probably one of many ways we are opposites :wink:

Ok you’ve been ‘promoted’ ( while waiting for your licence back ) to a planner telling the boss that you’re not going to ‘plan’ a load into or out of any of those places with a non LEZ compliant truck because they are all inside the M25.
There is actually at least until recently an old 1977 reg SA 400 rigid running around here.
By the sound of it’s old school exhaust probably Gardner powered hauling hay and other farm supply stuff.
Within sight and sound of so called 'Greater London’s stolen border and well inside the M25.
But if we’re going to be taken over and the ‘border’ moved out to the M25 you can bet that I’ll have moved before they do it.

If its inside the big blue line ( more commonly known as the M25 ) - it’s London . Pretty sure thats how most of us think - the rest will have to deal with that .

Coming from the West, I think of Swindon as the start of London, It then extends to the sea at Dover, Brighton & Sarfend
Going North it extends way beyond Watford.

And if you were a blind man listening to the residents of those areas, it would definitely sound like London :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

beefy4605:
If its inside the big blue line ( more commonly known as the M25 ) - it’s London . Pretty sure thats how most of us think - the rest will have to deal with that .

Obviously only those who also ‘think’ that what remains of Cheshire,Lancashire and Yorkshire is Manchester.Except anything east of the A1.
The ‘rest’ understand the difference between fact and fiction and can read a map.

Carryfast:
The ‘rest’ understand the difference between fact and fiction.

Ironic coming from Trucknets most distinguished author of fiction

Carryfast:

beefy4605:

Obviously only those who also ‘think’ that what remains of Cheshire,Lancashire and Yorkshire is Manchester.Except anything east of the A1.
The ‘rest’ understand the difference between fact and fiction and can read a map.

The A1 ■■ - nowhere near Manchester and never was . This may say more about your lack of employment than you realise .

beefy4605:

Carryfast:

beefy4605:

The A1 ■■ - nowhere near Manchester and never was . This may say more about your lack of employment than you realise .

By your logic that puts Gretna in England not Scotland because it’s ‘nearer’ to Carlisle than Glasgow.Dover is in France and Shetlands are part of Norway.
As for my ‘employment’ I’m saying that I can take a non LEZ compliant truck into and out of Molesey which is about as far inside the M25 as the Borough of Guildford is outside of it because both places are in Surrey, not London.
As I said the difference between fact and fiction and that type of information could be very useful for any unsure employer with the ‘wrong’ type of truck.