Expanded ULEZ now live - Don't get caught out

whisperingsmith:
Coming from the West, I think of Swindon as the start of London, It then extends to the sea at Dover, Brighton & Sarfend
Going North it extends way beyond Watford.

And if you were a blind man listening to the residents of those areas, it would definitely sound like London :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You don’t go to slough , Reading , Gillingham much then :wink: as it’s deffo not a London accent there more like Far East

Carryfast:

beefy4605:

Carryfast:

beefy4605:
If its inside the big blue line ( more commonly known as the M25 ) - it’s London . Pretty sure thats how most of us think - the rest will have to deal with that .

Obviously only those who also ‘think’ that what remains of Cheshire,Lancashire and Yorkshire is Manchester.Except anything east of the A1.
The ‘rest’ understand the difference between fact and fiction and can read a map.

The A1 ■■ - nowhere near Manchester and never was . This may say more about your lack of employment than you realise .

By your logic that puts Gretna in England not Scotland because it’s ‘nearer’ to Carlisle than Glasgow.Dover is in France and Shetlands are part of Norway.
As for my ‘employment’ I’m saying that I can take a non LEZ compliant truck into and out of Molesey which is about as far inside the M25 as the Borough of Guildford is outside of it because both places are in Surrey, not London.
As I said the difference between fact and fiction and that type of information could be very useful for any unsure employer with the ‘wrong’ type of truck.

That’s comically daft even for you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
By your logic that puts Gretna in England not Scotland because it’s ‘nearer’ to Carlisle than Glasgow.Dover is in France and Shetlands are part of Norway.
As for my ‘employment’ I’m saying that I can take a non LEZ compliant truck into and out of Molesey which is about as far inside the M25 as the Borough of Guildford is outside of it because both places are in Surrey, not London.
As I said the difference between fact and fiction and that type of information could be very useful for any unsure employer with the ‘wrong’ type of truck.

The idea that the M25 is London’s boundary is as ‘daft’ as saying that Birchwood and Knutsford and Huddersfield are in Greater Manchester because they are on the wrong side of the M6 and the A1, ok call it M1 as distance matters.
While Cobham and Watford are a long way from the sound of Bow Bells and both are definitely in Surrey and Hertfordshire respectively to prove it.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

The idea that the M25 is London’s boundary is as ‘daft’ as saying that Birchwood and Knutsford and Huddersfield are in Greater Manchester because they are on the wrong side of the M6 and the A1, ok call it M1 as distance matters.
While Cobham and Watford are a long way from the sound of Bow Bells and both are definitely in Surrey and Hertfordshire respectively to prove it.

I do love how you get so comically aggravated by pointless things. Never change

Excuse me if this has already been asked or mentioned but,

Central London, :-

Are ALL the taxis Euro whatever, they sit there on the ranks, engine running,
Every time I’ve followed one of these black monsters, all I see is smoke !!!
BUSES, I know that they have upped the standards, new vehicles etc,
but you still see loads of older type still spewing out crap !!
AND the majority of them with a handful of passengers !!!
And again, sitting at the end of lines engine running !!

Look at the central London bus route maps,
loads of services doing the same routes
do you really need all those route numbers on Oxford St, Regents St, Marylebone, Euston Rd etc etc

There are plenty of bus routes to Oxford Street: 3, 6, 8, 12, 13, 15, 23, 25, 73, 88, 94, 98, 113, 137, 139 & 159. For detailed bus information or to plan your route, contact London Travel Information’s 24 hour information line on 020 7222 1234 or visit the dedicated London Buses website.

content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-ma … london.pdf

pierrot 14:

do you really need all those route numbers on Oxford St, Regents St, Marylebone, Euston Rd etc etc

There are plenty of bus routes to Oxford Street: 3, 6, 8, 12, 13, 15, 23, 25, 73, 88, 94, 98, 113, 137, 139 & 159. For detailed bus information or to plan your route, contact London Travel Information’s 24 hour information line on 020 7222 1234 or visit the dedicated London Buses website.

When were you Last in London, 1985? You were on the TFL site, why didn’t you think to check? tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/press … ntire-city

Just to add fuel to the fire over the London boundary debate, there are bits of London that spill outside the M25 into “Essex” notably LB Havering around South Ockendon and Aveley.

And whilst there are quite a lot of bits of inner M25 that aren’t London boroughs it’s a royal pain in the arse trying to work out if you can / can’t go there with a non Euro 6 vehicle. We have recently got rid of a Euro 4 which could do some areas but not others. But by and large if it was inside the M25 it couldn’t.

It would have been so much simpler to have made the M25 the boundary for the LEZ as it is a clear and obvious boundary. But then that would never happen

Carryfast:

beefy4605:
If its inside the big blue line ( more commonly known as the M25 ) - it’s London . Pretty sure thats how most of us think - the rest will have to deal with that .

Obviously only those who also ‘think’ that what remains of Cheshire,Lancashire and Yorkshire is Manchester.Except anything east of the A1.
The ‘rest’ understand the difference between fact and fiction and can read a map.

Haha its like those politicians who go to Manchester to say they’ve been ‘up north’. Manchester’s barely out of the Midlands. Theres a third of the country north of the M62!

8wheels:
Just to add fuel to the fire over the London boundary debate, there are bits of London that spill outside the M25 into “Essex” notably LB Havering around South Ockendon and Aveley.

And whilst there are quite a lot of bits of inner M25 that aren’t London boroughs it’s a royal pain in the arse trying to work out if you can / can’t go there with a non Euro 6 vehicle. We have recently got rid of a Euro 4 which could do some areas but not others. But by and large if it was inside the M25 it couldn’t.

It would have been so much simpler to have made the M25 the boundary for the LEZ as it is a clear and obvious boundary. But then that would never happen

Why would you need to ‘work out’ if you can go into what clearly isn’t a London Borough with a non London Boroughs compliant vehicle.
Since when was Euro 6 the minimum for LEZ compliance.That only applies to ULEZ which is within the North and South Circular.
The LEZ and ULEZ only applies within Greater London.
Not Surrey or Essex or Bucks or Herts or Kent.
The M25 was never and has never been London’s boundary virtually all of the M25 is outside of London and the economy couldn’t withstand the type of crash which would happen if/when those of us who have every right not be ‘Londoner’s’ , under London’s local government, run for the exit.When 1965 was bad enough in that regard.
Why would any truck operator want to increase the amount of areas that they can’t operate a non London compliant truck in.
The idea of the M25 being considered as London’s boundary is as logical as saying that the M6 and M1 form Manchester’s boundary.
Basically it’s just being used as an excuse for yet more London expansion by those who obviously want to see it happen.
When the place is already far too large and should be returned to its LCC boundary along with Kahn’s rule.

switchlogic:

pierrot 14:

When were you Last in London, 1985? You were on the TFL site, why didn’t you think to check? tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/press … ntire-city

OK point taken, but that’s TfL buses, what about all the other companies running into London ?
but still doesn’t explain why you need all those buses running up Oxford and Regents Street
and no comment about the taxis eh ?

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:
You’re a Londoner chap, go get some jellied eels and deal with it. :smiley:

Only if you can’t read a map and don’t know where London is.
I can just imagine you parked in Cobham services, refusing to move while arguing the point with a route planner, who’s trying to send you to Weybridge or Molesey or Epsom or Watford with a non LEZ compliant truck.

I don’t argue with planners. Probably one of many ways we are opposites :wink:

Ok you’ve been ‘promoted’ ( while waiting for your licence back ) to a planner telling the boss that you’re not going to ‘plan’ a load into or out of any of those places with a non LEZ compliant truck because they are all inside the M25.
There is actually at least until recently an old 1977 reg SA 400 rigid running around here.
By the sound of it’s old school exhaust probably Gardner powered hauling hay and other farm supply stuff.
Within sight and sound of so called 'Greater London’s stolen border and well inside the M25.
But if we’re going to be taken over and the ‘border’ moved out to the M25 you can bet that I’ll have moved before they do it.

I’m not, never have been and unlikely to ever be a planner so I don’t go down these alternative life rabbit holes you do.

switchlogic:
I’m not, never have been and unlikely to ever be a planner so I don’t go down these alternative life rabbit holes you do.

But it helps to have a driver who knows where the truck can go and where it can’t without being fined or charged for entry.
It can obviously make the difference between turning down a job that could have been done, or wrongly paying Kahn’s thieving regime, one way or another, for the privilege of going into Surrey/Kent/Essex/Herts.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

But it helps to have a driver who knows where the truck can go and where it can’t without being fined or charged for entry.
It can obviously make the difference between turning down a job that could have been done, or wrongly paying Kahn’s thieving regime, one way or another, for the privilege of going into Surrey/Kent/Essex/Herts.

It’s all just doing it the way the company wants imo. They want me to set routes they give me- fine I Hal go that way. They want me to plan myself and use common sense- 1. No problem will do 2. Common sense is expecting a bit much from me :smiley:

Most big companies, retail ones anyway, who do London regularly usually have set routes they give the driver and it’s up to the driver to stick to them.

switchlogic:
Most big companies, retail ones anyway, who do London regularly usually have set routes they give the driver and it’s up to the driver to stick to them.

Great just so long as ‘London’ doesn’t mean Epsom or Esher or Weybridge or Molesey or Watford.
As for me Romford will always be in Essex, Ruislip, Feltham and Enfield in Middx, Bromley in Kent and Kingston in Surrey if Kahn and his Lodoners don’t like it tough.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Great just so long as ‘London’ doesn’t mean Epsom or Esher or Weybridge or Molesey or Watford.
As for me Romford will always be in Essex, Ruislip, Feltham and Enfield in Middx, Bromley in Kent and Kingston in Surrey if Kahn and his Lodoners don’t like it tough.

Your brain literally never stops does it! I thought mine was over active to the point of exhaustion but it has nothing on yours!