Logistics people sittinbourne

robthedog:

dozy:
Yes They are reliable for work , I’ve never been stood down etc
But the 9 hrs guarantee only seems to apply in the week when you’re away , if you go home early on a thurs ( or whatever day you finish on ) you only seem to get paid the work you do that day ( that seems to be decided by stobarts ) , I often get emails saying I’ve had 15 min here / there deducted by someone at stobarts , you’re hol pay is paid in your wages every week / or they did hold it in a pot for you , so you will have to save it up for hols or like me I’m on 2 weeks hols you don’t get any hol pay , I’ve never had so many letters from the tax people , even after speaking to them it isn’t resolved , apparently I now owe them tax from last 2 years ( though not big sums ) , you’re basically controlled by stobarts , but not employed by them
It suits me as I’ve health issues so I’m often off for a day / two p.w , so I can just take it while agency & have hols when I want , but to be honest I’d say after working for them full time & now agency in theory , your better off taking everything into account full time , but as I say money is not as important to me at my age as time off / Hols when I feel like / need
Nb you’re hol pay is basically 12 % deducted from you’re weekly wage ( I’ve never worked it out but so I was told on here once it was 12 % , so if you earnt £100 then £12 would be deducted from that & paid as you’re hol pay[/quot

Sounds like your getting done over

Possibility but at the moment getting or trying to get my health sorted is all I’m really bothered about , and the 15 mins here / there deducted is easily rectified & probably costs them a sight more than they think there saving !!

peirre:
FTFY

robthedog:

dozy:
Yes They are reliable for work , I’ve never been stood down etc
But the 9 hrs guarantee only seems to apply in the week when you’re away , if you go home early on a thurs ( or whatever day you finish on ) you only seem to get paid the work you do that day ( that seems to be decided by stobarts ) , I often get emails saying I’ve had 15 min here / there deducted by someone at stobarts , you’re hol pay is paid in your wages every week / or they did hold it in a pot for you , so you will have to save it up for hols or like me I’m on 2 weeks hols you don’t get any hol pay , I’ve never had so many letters from the tax people , even after speaking to them it isn’t resolved , apparently I now owe them tax from last 2 years ( though not big sums ) , you’re basically controlled by stobarts , but not employed by them
It suits me as I’ve health issues so I’m often off for a day / two p.w , so I can just take it while agency & have hols when I want , but to be honest I’d say after working for them full time & now agency in theory , your better off taking everything into account full time , but as I say money is not as important to me at my age as time off / Hols when I feel like / need
Nb you’re hol pay is basically 12 % deducted from you’re weekly wage ( I’ve never worked it out but so I was told on here once it was 12 % , so if you earnt £100 then £12 would be deducted from that & paid as you’re hol pay

Sounds like your getting done over

That doesn’t sound right.
I get 100% of my weekly income in the bank (minus statutory NI, taxes etc), then any holidays are paid extra at an accrued average rate

It may not be right but that’s how it’s done , I’m paid my hol pay as part of my wages every week ( or they could keep it in a pot & pay when on hol ) , that hol pay is a % ( 12 % so some say ) is a % of you h/r or weekly wage , so my hourly rate is £13 but they deduct 12% ( or whatever it is ) from my h/r to pay my holiday pay
I guess that’s why I’ve received a txt saying your h/r on joined up does not include your holiday pay , that will be in your weekly wage unless you’ve asked for it to be retained in a pot & paid when your on holiday
So I’d guess some have took a job on a promise of a hourly rate of say £13 & then on joined up / wage slip of £11.44 , and are feeling a bit ■■■■■■ off , and have kicked off

Sickness / accidents

Hol pay

F58A679D-2449-4C29-8384-322EF772F8C5.jpeg

Sickness / accidents

74BD6621-703F-4F49-866E-05E1374E4FFC.jpeg

dozy:
Got a txt this morning saying if I / we work all the allotted shifts from the 11 th April for one month with no sickness / accidents then I will be paid a extra £2 ph , this £2 ph may stay permanently in place , desperate or what !!!

LOL! Given that they’ve essentially just told you how much they’re making off you, I’d be playing them at their own game and calling their bluff. If they’re as desperate as they sound, I can’t see how you can lose unless they are prepared to shoot themselves in the foot.

hourly rate has gone up by £2ph now ( shows on joined up ) I assumed you’d get it paid at end of trial period if you had no sickness / accidents in a lump sum , didn’t think I’d get it as have days off in next month for hosp , maybe theyl take it back at end of month !!!

dozy:
hourly rate has gone up by £2ph now ( shows on joined up ) I assumed you’d get it paid at end of trial period if you had no sickness / accidents in a lump sum , didn’t think I’d get it as have days off in next month for hosp , maybe theyl take it back at end of month !!!

Tell them you want it all the time with no stupid clauses attached. If they say no then tell them to ■■■■ off and go somewhere else. They’re having your pants down.

dozy:
hourly rate has gone up by £2ph, you get it paid at end of trial period if you had no accidents

I doubt Network Rail will be holding their breath, as Stobarts payroll dept wont be spending more that £100 extra in bonuses during this exercise

peirre:

dozy:
hourly rate has gone up by £2ph, you get it paid at end of trial period if you had no accidents

I doubt Network Rail will be holding their breath, as Stobarts payroll dept wont be spending more that £100 extra in bonuses during this exercise

It’s been along week , so forgive me if I’m missing something , network rail , as for only costing them £100 , I’ve done 58 hrs this week , so that’s cost them £116 for the £2 bonus , £75 for the £300 bonus & £300 for the £1200 ( think it was that ) draw I’ll probably win they said if you have no hols
So even if I don’t win the draw it’s a extra £191 in my wage packet , so how does it only cost them £100
As I say I’m tired , not feeling the best , so I apologise if I’m missing something obvious
I’m off to bed as I might be earning more but these hours are really taking its toll , goodnight

DCPCFML:

dozy:

Tell them you want it all the time with no stupid clauses attached. If they say no then tell them to [zb] off and go somewhere else. They’re having your pants down.

I’m not really interested , I just need sleep & a 8 hr job on days , hopefully I get nod on job I’ve put in for , 5 mins from house will be nice , long week & took me 1 1/2 hrs to get home tonight , no good

Yesterday’s txt , Want work , return to us for 4 weeks , no sickness or holidays & we will pay you a £300 bonus , exciting new rates of pay !!! So apx in last month
That’s 2 x £300 bonuses offered , entered for a £1200 draw , £2 ph
Pay rise ,& mate who works direct for stobarts get 35p ph pay rise , it’s no wonder he’s not happy ha ha