The Logistics People-Stobart work

Hi. Has anybody on here had any dealings with an agency called The Logistics People doing Stobart work across various depots.Had a look at the website and it seems very impressive but heard alot of horror stories about agency work.This company seems to good to be true :confused: .I am full time at the moment but fancy a change.Not many hauliers in Nottinghamshire setting on at the moment. :frowning:

Life would be SO much easier for us grunts on the ground IF we knew on the web WHICH clients are served by WHICH agenciesā€¦ :bulb:

Rich The Stag:
Hi. Has anybody on here had any dealings with an agency called The Logistics People doing Stobart work across various depots.Had a look at the website and it seems very impressive but heard alot of horror stories about agency work.This company seems to good to be true :confused: .I am full time at the moment but fancy a change.Not many hauliers in Nottinghamshire setting on at the moment. :frowning:

if its the same one I heard about they want you to buy your own uniform off them ffs.

i spoke to them on monday. the phone call lasted 2.43 minutes at which point i hung up after knocking them back. the want drivers on a 5 day roster which defeats the purpose of being a freelance subcontractor. the contract on stobarts seemingly isnt live yet but they have 25-30 drivers lined up. i am not and will not be one of them :smiley:

i already have a uniform anyway. ADR tried that and i told them to shove it. i advertise my own company, not theirs :imp:

scanny77:
i spoke to them on monday. the phone call lasted 2.43 minutes at which point i hung up after knocking them back. the want drivers on a 5 day roster which defeats the purpose of being a freelance subcontractor. the contract on stobarts seemingly isnt live yet but they have 25-30 drivers lined up. i am not and will not be one of them :smiley:

i already have a uniform anyway. ADR tried that and i told them to shove it. i advertise my own company, not theirs :imp:

Five day rosters are fine if you are locking in a nice hourly rate, eg. Royal Mailā€™s ā€œ5 from 7 on parity payā€ which works out at over Ā£14.50ph nationwide for those still there after 12 weeks or whatever it is.

If the hourly rate is LOW on the other hand, being forced to work ā€œmany hoursā€ of it compounds the losses one makes when tax, insurance, commuting, and other overheads like Uniform are taken into account.

Just keep on walking away. Thereā€™s plenty of other agencies out there offering better deals for drivers instead of better deals for clients.
The worst agencies end up employing ex-cons, 9 points on licence types, and persons of questionable leave to remain. :exclamation: - because they canā€™t get into the better agenciesā€¦

Yes what you need is more jobs like this.

HGV Driver

Recruiter :
NAS Recruitment Services Ltd
Salary :
Up to Ā£750,000 per year
HGV1 Drivers required in the Newcastle/Gateshead area. We have on going contract for our very busy client who maybe looking at taking on people from Temp to Perm. Work and shift patterns are as follows: Trunks, Locals and Tramping. Shifts will be Days Nights or Weekends. Must have no more than 6pts, No DR or DD on driving licence. You must have Digi Card. Please call NAS [contact details removed]
Mark Purvis
Posted on :
6/4/14
Reference :
NAS10
Duration :
6mths
Not a bad yearly rate for some, I wouldnā€™t get out of bed for it myself. :sunglasses:

Winseer:
Life would be SO much easier for us grunts on the ground IF we knew on the web WHICH clients are served by WHICH agenciesā€¦ :bulb:

It can be done, just takes a bit of digging to find what youā€™re looking for.

Winseer:

scanny77:

Five day rosters are fine if you are locking in a nice hourly rate, eg. Royal Mailā€™s ā€œ5 from 7 on parity payā€ which works out at over Ā£14.50ph nationwide for those still there after 12 weeks or whatever it is.

If the hourly rate is LOW on the other hand, being forced to work ā€œmany hoursā€ of it compounds the losses one makes when tax, insurance, commuting, and other overheads like Uniform are taken into account.

Just keep on walking away. Thereā€™s plenty of other agencies out there offering better deals for drivers instead of better deals for clients.
The worst agencies end up employing ex-cons, 9 points on licence types, and persons of questionable leave to remain. :exclamation: - because they canā€™t get into the better agenciesā€¦

hello does anybody know if royal mail deal witn freelance lgv (ltd company drivers) direct work wise/ or whom is the main agent they use? any contact details would be splendid many thanks :smiley:

Boycie2013:

Winseer:

scanny77:

hello does anybody know if royal mail deal witn freelance lgv (ltd company drivers) direct work wise/ or whom is the main agent they use? any contact details would be splendid many thanks :smiley:

They use per temps v good deal if you can handle the work 15 odd quid an hour after 12 weeks the job is a doddle you can earn there in 3 shifts what you earn doin 5 in other places

the rate offered at bellshill is Ā£11/Ā£12 per hour. seemingly delivering milk to tesco stores according to a mate who also received the txt message. i am chasing ASDA shifts at weekends since i can earn the same there doing 10 hours on a saturday than i can with iceland doing a 13 hour shift. plus ASDA is walking distance for me if i get a chilled load. i am trying to cut down my commuting distance and time so a weekend at ASDA will bring in half a weeks earnings or more compared to other sites. weekend rates are slipping back in now

Logistic people-sister company for HG recruitment.they now main agency in Crick,Dav 1.because Milestone lost all contrac5 or near.

Itā€™s ws mate who runs it so I was told on course
Itā€™s not really agency,as your guaranteed 5 days a week( no idea if you or them pick days / start times.
Was told -------- --------- who starts at 11 pm is on Ā£9 p.h( but not sure if thereā€™s different rates for each depot,if thereā€™s a different rate for w/ends,do you get guaranteed hours,do you get a higher rate after 8/10 hrs etc etc.
Not sure if you have to buy a complete uniform,but told shirts are Ā£16( but do know some are just wearing there own kit).
Youā€™d have too ring them as there a lot of bull ā– ā– ā– ā–  doing the rounds,lad told me itā€™s poles only,but I know at least 3 who are from this island :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: .

Gave them a ring last Thursday.Had a very short interview on the phone.
Questions included did i mind store work and trunking? and could i reverse blind side? :open_mouth:
Then the final question was how long have i held a class 1 licence? 24 years was my answer.Have you driven class 1 in the last 60 days? No i said, its been about a year,im class 2 at the moment ( lifestyle choice). SILENCEā€¦OH i will pass on your details on to our driver trainer and he will phone youā€¦Nothing yet. :confused: Think i will try Canutes at Gamstonā€¦

Rich The Stag:
Gave them a ring last Thursday.Had a very short interview on the phone.
Questions included did i mind store work and trunking? and could i reverse blind side? :open_mouth:
Then the final question was how long have i held a class 1 licence? 24 years was my answer.Have you driven class 1 in the last 60 days? No i said, its been about a year,im class 2 at the moment ( lifestyle choice). SILENCEā€¦OH i will pass on your details on to our driver trainer and he will phone youā€¦Nothing yet. :confused: Think i will try Canutes at Gamstonā€¦

Theyā€™ve turned down loads of ex drivers who knew the job inside out and taken on drivers who get stuck in fields demolish posts,hit cars,rip off tail lifts,etc,etc so Iā€™m not really surprised theyā€™d turn down a driver with 26 yrs experience.
Like the one the other day,I didnā€™t know these tris were 14 6( there not there 13,8), well that ones is,really,well that thing in the cab says it is,donā€™t believe everything you read then :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .
Iā€™d not loose any sleep over it,itā€™s not the job it was,total shambles