LOCKDOWN THREAD [Updated 05/01/2021]

Fingers crossed they don’t opt for this again; 4 tests per day is a farce, let alone 3!

Totally agree. IMO there’s no reason not to conduct 5 tests a day including Saturdays. There is a campaign running to introduce delegated examiners to approved trainers. This wont reach a conclusion anytime soon. But you would find that a delegated examiner (one employed directly by the school having been trained and approved by DVSA) would probably conduct 6 tests per day with no problem.

Not only would this measure clear the backlog of LGV/PCV tests but would also release DVSA examiner resource to clear the huge backlog of car driving tests. To me it’s clear that this relatively simple solution is a win win.

There are also no more integrity issues than already exist with motorbikes, fork lift trucks etc.

But dont hold your breath!!

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

A well thought out plan, backed by good evidence, that would provide excellent, measurable benefits, without any downsides at minimal cost to the taxpayer…

I have a feeling the wait will be a very long one on that

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Paul@PSTT:
Thread title changed to include the current lockdown - possibly until Easter :question:

So Boris has told the nation that additional restrictions apply from Nov 5th - Dec 2nd.

Hi Folks

IMPORTANT UPDATE

In their infinite wisdom, DVSA have decided that face to face cpc and Mod 4 cannot be conducted during lockdown.

Sorry to report that driving tests are suspended from 5th November till at least 2nd December.

All affected bookings will be sorted as soon as we know we’re operating tests again.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Does that include Class 1? Because, I did the Mod 4 already?
Nobody has said anything from my driver training school or from DVSA yet.
Also how come you updated this information at 8:57 pm and it’s only 8:06 pm.
(Time warp central)

Does that include Class 1? Because, I did the Mod 4 already?
Nobody has said anything from my driver training school or from DVSA yet.

There is NO training or testing (unless you are with a company with a delegated examiner). DVSA have made this clear - check their website.

Also how come you updated this information at 8:57 pm and it’s only 8:06 pm.

Haha! Welcome to my parallel universe!

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Has anyone good a good source of information on this?

The DVSA website (gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-theory-tests) both says theory tests are suspended… but that we should keep 1m apart and they are “providing hand sanitiser for you to use when you arrive at the test centre…” :confused:

So some form of theory testing is apparently being done at the test centres.

Do HGV / PCV tests not fall into the essential for working category as they are mainly career based?

Probably not bothered to rewrite it all it’s all cancelled just now, learning to drive hgv etc isn’t under essential tasks or services.

It does ■■■■ and plenty of precautions could be made to make training and tests safe but we just have to wait it out [emoji20]

SquireT:
Probably not bothered to rewrite it all it’s all cancelled just now, learning to drive hgv etc isn’t under essential tasks or services.

It does ■■■■ and plenty of precautions could be made to make training and tests safe but we just have to wait it out [emoji20]

Thanks for the update.

Personally I don’t get why it isn’t classed as essential, when drivers are key workers. But it is what it is I suppose.

More than enough drivers to go around to keep things moving, so don’t need any more trained and good to go to benefit the country, so it isn’t essential as much as we may want it to be, I mean I’ve had a test and a retest cancelled because of lockdown stopping things, I really want this all to be over and not derp my resit so pass on 2nd try boy onward we go, be out of the sales desk and climbing the 3 steps to heaven soon enough, so while April is looking the more Likely time frame for it at least I have done my training, know I can drive to a standard that is good enough I just need to not derp out at the last moment, only need todo it once… Then onwards to class 1

SquireT:
More than enough drivers to go around to keep things moving, so don’t need any more trained and good to go to benefit the country, so it isn’t essential as much as we may want it to be, I mean I’ve had a test and a retest cancelled because of lockdown stopping things, I really want this all to be over and not derp my resit so pass on 2nd try boy onward we go, be out of the sales desk and climbing the 3 steps to heaven soon enough, so while April is looking the more Likely time frame for it at least I have done my training, know I can drive to a standard that is good enough I just need to not derp out at the last moment, only need todo it once… Then onwards to class 1

as much as I hate the sound of waiting until April but I think in reality testing will begin in April .
I was reading the old posts to see when they restarted the tests after the first lockdown and the answer was July , so the first lockdown started on the 24th of March which means a wait of more than three months :neutral_face:

London has been in lockdown since the being of November with two weeks of break in December and back into lockdown again , thank god at least I passed my theory in December .
I feel quite annoyed with my training school ( Wallace ) to be honest for two reasons :
1- I passed my theory test on the 7th of December but they took too long to start my practice training until the lockdown started and now we don’t know when it is going to end .

2-they did not make it clear to me that I could sit my theory and CPC theory test in one go and told me to book my theory only , I thought I had to pass my theory first , then practice then CPC , yes I passed my theory which means once the lockdown ends I can start my practice but I have to go to the test centre again for my CPC .

it’s a very bad situation , hopefully I won’t have to wait too long to be called for my practice once the lockdown ends .
we thought 2020 was a tough year but I don’t think if 2021 is going to be much different .

If there was a shortage of drivers then the Govt might open up training but there is not a shortage

Are you still able to book and do theory tests ( CPC 1a/b and 2) ? Ive let my old pass expiry and after a few years of regret want to get my license

Not until lockdown ends, and even then it depends on what lesser restrictions will remain in place.
gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-theory-tests

Are you still able to book and do theory tests

From 12th April in England. Presumably a week later in Scotland if I understand Nicola correctly.

Good luck, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:

Are you still able to book and do theory tests

From 12th April in England. Presumably a week later in Scotland if I understand Nicola correctly.

Good luck, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Let’s hope so I’m biting at the bit to get started on class 1, just hope it’s not too long a wait with all the catching up that has to be done.

Andy

has anyone been contacted by their school regarding dates for practice and test ?
I passed my theory on the 7th of December so should be given priority by my school Wallace but still haven’t herd from them , I called them up and they said they will start calling students after the Easter holiday.
Bloody hell it’s been such a long wait :angry:

Nick911:
has anyone been contacted by their school regarding dates for practice and test ?
I passed my theory on the 7th of December so should be given priority by my school Wallace but still haven’t herd from them , I called them up and they said they will start calling students after the Easter holiday.
Bloody hell it’s been such a long wait :angry:

As non essential retail etc is due to open on April 12th then I suspect that the examiners will be working to restart on that date - just my opinion not definitive

Its getting closer, looks like should be back on from the 12th, but if its anything like the well organised, planner and communicated things they did in all the other lockdowns/restrictions they will only actually let everybody know about 4pm on the 11th!

It has been very annoying, with constant crap info from the government, repeated lockdowns, I mean 5th November was my first test date, which got cancelled, then I messed up in December then cancelled again in Feb, but it will happen, I’m booked in at Petes and I know that are doing everything they can and will get me sorted quickly, every other school will do the same but, its just a massive workload to get back up to speed, and the DVSA are not going to help things along smoothly.

The light is there in the tunnel, we will all get that pass soon and hopefully when everything starts up again as it should be, there will be lots of opportunities for work, lots of things for companies to catch up on, all the whiny old buggers that say you get more stack shelves at Lidl have gone and done it so help the old job situation as well :laughing:

Anyone any job booking Theory and Hazard Perception since tests have recommenced?
Having a nightmare trying to get sorted.
Appreciate there’s a big backlog, checking everyday in the hope there’s a cancellation.

Evening all, I’ve recently sent my hgv class c Previsional form and medical form off to the Dvla, it’s been a few weeks now and I’ve heard nack all, I’m wondering if there is a backlog for processing the forms as well as booking for tests and theory etc.
Thanks Chris

Usually 3 weeks…you can check online to see if its been added…
viewdrivingrecord.service.g … nce-number

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk