Disrupted training

Thought it would be interesting to hear the experiences of those in the process of training with regard to the disruption because of snow. How long are you having to wait for another test? Do you feel the trainer is doing all he can to help? Do you feel you’re being ripped off?

Always interesting to hear what people really think.

This should pass on a boring Sunday night anyway!! :laughing: :laughing:

a lad in work was at the test centre for his class1 ,lined himself up for the reverse…examiner came out and cancelled the test because it started snowing,that was a week last friday and he hasnt heard of a date for his test as of yet…he is driving whilst out with me and others on “L” plates so hopefullly that should keep him ticking over til his test

A little off topic Pete…

We turned up with our trainee for a 12.00 test one day last week to be told it was cancelled because there was snow on the ground inside the testing station! The roads outside were clear but they hadn’t cleared the snow inside the station so cancelled it…Grrr…It were a 12.00 test for Chri’sake, not an early morning one. Sometimes they’re a law unto themselves. :unamused:

Never have been sure why they dont grit the area. My theory is a cross between examiner loves an early day and of course the cost over 70 odd centres.

Chelmsford now clear but sorry to Ian because I cancelled his test last week for Tuesday and Changed it into 2 CPC tests because the examiner said they would test CPC whatever the weather.

Peter, I can imagine that somehow the trainee blames the trainer but what we do is add an extra day to what is left of the course. Nobody really wins in these cases.

P.S Peter you are not at the mercy of the DSA. Did you keep the pad clear

Two out of three days of my training were cancelled because of the snow and I’m sure my test that was supposed to be on Friday 3rd at Walton will have been cancelled anyway because of the bloody weather :cry:
I’m now doing the rest of my training and test in January 1st week after new year.

Can’t wait, really enjoyed 1st day :cry:

Will be worth it if I pass

Rob :grimacing:

Peter you are not at the mercy of the DSA. Did you keep the pad clear

Nice thought!! Was at work 0500 last Tuesday clearing the pad (with some assistance from a guy I know who drives a gritter). 0800, examiner rang to say he couldn’t make it.

So it’s not all glamour!

In common with, I imagine, every one else I lost every test last week. Just had tomorrow’s cancelled and I’m desperately holding my breath for Thursday. But we’ll see.

Thankfully, most people out there understand it’s not the trainer’s fault. It’s no-ones. But trainers should be sorting out the mess as well as they are able under the circumstances.

A customer pointed out to me that he’d lost a day’s money “because of you” when his test was cancelled. I was sorely tempted to mention that a yard full of training vehicles loses rather more each day than he has lost! But hey ho, keep on smiling. :laughing: :laughing:

Not just the DSA, we haven’t had any post for 8 days because the post office do not have spiked shoes :open_mouth:

I remember my first car driving test was cancelled because it was foggy, although I had travelled 10 miles on the service bus and driven around for an hour with my instructor. bloody uncivil servants!

clarkyboy:
a lad in work was at the test centre for his class1 ,lined himself up for the reverse…examiner came out and cancelled the test because it started snowing,that was a week last friday

Same thing happened to me a few years back but the snow had come down that fast in a few min the tarmac was white when I got back to my providers they re booked my test immediately this was then cancelled all in all I had 5 cancelled from Dec 4 eventually took it on Feb 23 & yep failed it on the reverse & have never had the chance to re take as yet

I did put a dairy of it on here but was a while back

For those that have had cancelled test I wish them luck but my advice if you have waited a while then take a day or 2 extra training just to get back into it a I think that was my mistake

I have had no post for nearly 2 weeks

My 1st bike test was canceled due to snow in 81

Interesting (as ever) topic Peter,

I wrote a post on this very issue as I received a number of emails from various training companies over the last 7 days.

hgvlgvtraining.co.uk/blog/20 … snow-joke/

hgvlgvtraining