LOCKDOWN THREAD [Updated 05/01/2021]

We are still operating Mod 4 tests as we have our own Mod 4 examiners on staff. DVSA will not be conducting Mod 4 tests.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Shoot! Passed my class 2 in Sept 2020, was originally booked for March but the 1st lockdown stopped that. But now my class 1 has been cancelled which was due in Nov 2020!
Are these gov testers soft? Any excuse to have time off work? !! Or have I got them wrong?? Is there any other way or must I sit tight and wait again?
Shame as I was offered temp class 1 work with Royal Mail once I passed.

At least Iā€™m able to get some class 2 work in through Agency work :smiley:

Truck on!

UPDATE

Mod 4 tests and face to face driver cpc have been stopped by DVSA.

Words cannot begin to describe my current thoughts!!

Anyone needing a Mod 4 has TODAY to get it done. Give us a call 01623 555661

At least you can still run the ADR, the SQA are not as alarmist as the DVSA.

Hmmmā€¦ will DVSA still accept DCPC uploads from an ADR course which by default has to be taught face-to-face?

I believe the juryā€™s out on that one.

From Dec 2nd it is very likely that many of the areas of England will go directly into the highest tier so that could have an impact on DVLA tests

This is what many politicians are alluding to what will happen

Just to update. The DVSA have back-pedalled on face to face cpc and this is now allowed.

Itā€™s understood that the tier system is being revised and the PM explains this tomorrow. But, under the previous short lived tier system, tests still ran.

So Iā€™m quietly optimistic for Dec 3rd.

Any one thinking about training during next year should have a good look at the Christmas Offer thread.

Thanks for that news Peteā€¦ fingers crossed.
Iā€™m absolutely itching to get my retest sorted out.

I just hope they donā€™t cancel my theory and hazard test on the 7th of December because of lockdown extension .

Nick911:
I just hope they donā€™t cancel my theory and hazard test on the 7th of December because of lockdown extension .

Going back to tier system but each tier will have extra restrictions so it could be that the highest tier may affect LGV tests - we should know on Thurs

I think I may need to change the title of this thread to add January after 8pm today :exclamation:

ROG:
I think I may need to change the title of this thread to add January after 8pm today :exclamation:

And February and March

Sent from my truck

blue estate:

ROG:

And February and March

Sent from my truck

Gerrin bored of it nowā€¦ hope itā€™s not the same as last time for tests etc.
Hgv drivers are going to be needed more than ever
Take care out there guys

My CE is not gonna go ahead thenā€¦ Iā€™m still in Level 3 but that doesnā€™t helpā€¦

dead.duck:
My CE is not gonna go ahead thenā€¦ Iā€™m still in Level 3 but that doesnā€™t helpā€¦

Hopefully the local guys up here wonā€™t have too much of a backlog for tests when they restart for you, onto my 2nd test cancellation now with petes, with the wait times for tests and these on and off again lockdowns getting worried when my resit will happen [emoji20]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

SquireT:

dead.duck:

Hopefully the local guys up here wonā€™t have too much of a backlog for tests when they restart for you, onto my 2nd test cancellation now with petes, with the wait times for tests and these on and off again lockdowns getting worried when my resit will happen [emoji20]

As far as I know there is only one company up here that provides CE training and itā€™s in Kirkwall. Not sure about Western Isles but nothing in Shetland. Of course, there is Elgin but they are in lockdown now.

I feel your pain. I failed in March, then April got cancelled, failed in October and then cancelled in Decemberā€¦ Thought easier restrictions up here will help me but allowed driver training is not actually happening.

To add to my worries I ordered a car for my son to learn to drive and cannot collect it as itā€™s near Edinburghā€¦ Even a bloody dishwasher canā€™t be delivered ā€˜due to brexit and covidā€™ :imp:

It really starts to make things feel like why bother with things when things get cancelled and push away so often but will get it done eventually.

Sorry to hear about issues with getting a car moved is it through a dealer chain at all?

No, itā€™s a garage that sell used cars. It was a particular make and model my husband was looking for. And I donā€™t want my son to learn in my car as I donā€™t want any damage and itā€™s automatic.

Yes, I also get a feeling things are getting worse so why bother. But on the other hand we just cannot sit and wait.

The situation, UK wide, for driving tests, will be dire. No-one has a clue when they will restart and in what form. Last time, a reduced number of tests were made available with examiners doing only 3 tests a day instead of 4. The backlog was close to hopeless.

The only hope anyone can have is that they are with a school with systems in place to allocate tests quickly and fairly as the tests become available.

I can only speak from my experience with PSTT but I can certainly say that itā€™s a good place to be under these circumstances.

Good luck all, and stay safe. Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
No-one has a clue when they will restart and in what form. Last time, a reduced number of tests were made available with examiners doing only 3 tests a day instead of 4. The backlog was close to hopeless.

Fingers crossed they donā€™t opt for this again; 4 tests per day is a farce, let alone 3! :unamused: