Tests cancelled - official

Sorry to report that I’ve just had an email from DVSA making it clear that vocational driving tests are cancelled for 2 days - Thursday and Friday this week.

Dont know what happens next week yet.

Candidates affected can claim out of pocket expenses gov.uk/government/publicati … t-expenses

Pete :frowning:

Is this the go to thread for future cancellations, next week and beyond?
Im booked in for next week.

Rich

I prefer not to have the responsibility of keeping this up to date as it changes so quickly.

My advice is to keep in touch with your trainer. Candidates booked with me should keep in touch with the office 01623 555661.

Thanks, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I have my Mod 4 next week and I’m just waiting on the cancellation call, which will aggravate me to no end as it’s all I need to get into this field and out of bloody retail.

[ZB] you, Virus.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update Pete

Looks like i won’t be doing my class 2 next week then :frowning:

Booked in with Helen i believe.

Cheers for the heads up Pete, will give your office a call monday morning should know more then.

Doesn’t look good. I have my retest end of April. Hope it settles a little bit till then… But looks like it getting worse instead.
To make things worse flights from Shetland reduced and some routes cancelled. Gonna be stuck here forever…

A bad day for us (8 tests cancelled) and other approved DTC’s around the country - fingers crossed the cancellations only effect us short term.

ForesterBlack:
I have my Mod 4 next week and I’m just waiting on the cancellation call, which will aggravate me to no end as it’s all I need to get into this field and out of bloody retail.

[ZB] you, Virus.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

If the school has their own delegated Module 4 assessor (i.e. works for the training company, assessing on behalf of the DVSA, as opposed to working directly for the DVSA as an examiner) then you may be okay.

I am a delegated examiner myself and this was confirmed by email by DVSA this afternoon.

I have my Mod 4 next week

No one knows what happens next week. The only definite info is that tests are cancelled today and tomorrow (Friday). It may be a fair guess that the cancellations will continue - but, I repeat, no one actually knows.

I have a line of communication and I will try to update as information is released.

Mod 4 can be conducted internally at many schools. This continues as normal, regardless of DVSA cancellations. If you would like to let me know your location (pm if you prefer), I’ll put you on to a facility that will help. You do not have to do your Mod 4 at the same place you did your driver training - though that is normal.

Hope this may help,

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Taken from DVSA: gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus … eory-tests

Theory tests have been suspended from Friday 20 March 2020 to Monday 20 April 2020.

You’ll automatically get a refund if you had a test booked. You’ll get an email to confirm this has been done – this may take a few weeks to arrive.

You should not try to rebook your test right now. The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) will email you when you can book again.

~

Worth noting, if your driving school have booked theory tests on your behalf, you will need to liaise with them.

this is annoying but was expected to be honest. Had hoped I could possibly get through the net before it closed but its a unique situation.

As they are scrapping just about every regulation right now, why not scrap the theory tests and CPC (with a provision to do them later) and get more drivers driving. Although knowing whether or not to offer a cigarette to people could be useful in these difficult times :smiley:

In the meantime I’ve applied at the supermarkets for some 3.5t work, along with a million others.

As if a few minutes ago, the situation for next week and beyond has yet to be decided. High level meetings are taking place and the great and the good will let us know the outcome in due course.

Very frustrating!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I wonder how many will do the practical training but postpone doing the test :question: - not many me thinks!

That is going to leave trainers with a big hole to try and fill

ROG:
I wonder how many will do the practical training but postpone doing the test :question: - not many me thinks!

It’s even more frustrating that at this moment in time we are unable to advise candidates whether tests will go ahead next week. Nobody seems to have a clue.

The knock on effect of no theory tests for 4 weeks will also inevitably slow things down. Not a good time for us delegated test centres, training providers and ADI’s alike.

ROG:

I’m due to do my C+E next week with the test on Friday, I must admit I don’t fancy doing the training then doing the test some time later. I do feel for the the training companies though, it must be a worrying time for them.

asfenton:

ROG:

I’m due to do my C+E next week with the test on Friday, I must admit I don’t fancy doing the training then doing the test some time later. I do feel for the the training companies though, it must be a worrying time for them.

Speak with your trainer; I’m sure any reputable training school would offer to help you out in some way, such as additional remedial training prior to your test at no extra cost.

As many of us training providers are small private companies, support from candidates during these times is greatly appreciated and I’m sure many will go beyond the call of duty as a thank you.

Good luck with it - as it stands, no announcement from DVSA regarding tests next week, so (fingers crossed) you may be okay!

Tough time for all. Currently out of work and because I applied online, before the mad rush, I have missed the call for home delivery drivers. Gonna run out of money very soon but hoping something can be worked out with regards to simplifying the HGV test process.

I have c+e test booked for 17th April.
3 days training immediately before.
Fingers crossed…

BishBashBosh:

asfenton:

ROG:

Speak with your trainer; I’m sure any reputable training school would offer to help you out in some way, such as additional remedial training prior to your test at no extra cost.

As many of us training providers are small private companies, support from candidates during these times is greatly appreciated and I’m sure many will go beyond the call of duty as a thank you.

Good luck with it - as it stands, no announcement from DVSA regarding tests next week, so (fingers crossed) you may be okay!

Yes, I have been emailing them this morning but as they say until they know either way it is difficult to provide any answers. Finger crosses it goes ahead but some things are more important, I can wait if I have to. The company have been great, I did my class C with them earlier this year and I quite fancy doing an ADR course so they will definitely be my choice of provider when I do it.

Unfortunately it’s not good news for anyone: gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus … eory-tests

Driving tests are suspended for up to 3 months.

You’ll get an email to tell you that your test has been rebooked. It will tell you the new date and time of your test.

You will not get this email immediately - it should arrive around 2 weeks before your original test date.

In the meantime, do not call the DVSA customer service centre. They will not be able to help you.

It’s likely that your new test date will be around 3 months after your original date.