Tests cancelled - official

BishBashBosh:
Unfortunately it’s not good news for anyone: gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus … eory-tests

Driving tests are suspended for up to 3 months.

You’ll get an email to tell you that your test has been rebooked. It will tell you the new date and time of your test.

You will not get this email immediately - it should arrive around 2 weeks before your original test date.

In the meantime, do not call the DVSA customer service centre. They will not be able to help you.

It’s likely that your new test date will be around 3 months after your original date.

Can I get a test on the basis of going to help in food delivery, as its considered a critical worker?

M65Chris:

BishBashBosh:
Unfortunately it’s not good news for anyone: gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus … eory-tests

Driving tests are suspended for up to 3 months.

You’ll get an email to tell you that your test has been rebooked. It will tell you the new date and time of your test.

You will not get this email immediately - it should arrive around 2 weeks before your original test date.

In the meantime, do not call the DVSA customer service centre. They will not be able to help you.

It’s likely that your new test date will be around 3 months after your original date.

Can I get a test on the basis of going to help in food delivery, as its considered a critical worker?

According to the below, you, or your trainer, will need to email the dvsa to check. As of right now, none of my trainer booked tests have been cancelled, so that gives me hope I can continue provide those test but I cannot book any more test at all.

Book an emergency test if you’re a critical worker

You can still get an emergency test during the suspension period if your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or you work in a critical sector. These include:

health and social care
education and childcare
key public services
local and national government
food and other necessary goods
public safety and national security
transport
utilities, communication and financial services

Book an emergency theory test

Email DVSA to ask for an emergency theory test. DVSA will then tell you what you need to send to prove that it’s essential your theory test goes ahead.

Emergency theory tests
covid19essentialworkerstheorytest@dvsa.gov.uk

Book an emergency driving test

Email DVSA to ask for an emergency driving test. DVSA will then tell you what you need to send to prove that it’s essential your driving test goes ahead.

Emergency driving tests
covid19essentialworkersdrivingtest@dvsa.gov.uk

Posted by a local trainer to me.

If you need your HGV CLASS 2 LICENCE urgently please get in contact with us.
If your job is classed as a critical, key or essential worker we can help now.
contact …

What I dont get is how someone already considered a key worker requiring a HGV licence wouldn’t already have a HGV licence.

I’ve emailed the DVSA for some clarification but I doubt they will every respond.

M65Chris:
Posted by a local trainer to me.

If you need your HGV CLASS 2 LICENCE urgently please get in contact with us.
If your job is classed as a critical, key or essential worker we can help now.
contact …

What I dont get is how someone already considered a key worker requiring a HGV licence wouldn’t already have a HGV licence.

I’ve emailed the DVSA for some clarification but I doubt they will every respond.

Could you let us know if yo get a reply please?

Cheers Rich

I have my class 2. Had a class 1 test booked for 17th April. Had a job to go to in the food supply chain. Can get a test as essential worker, but the training i also had booked has been cancelled.
A test is no good to me without the training that precedes it…

I 100% understand the frustration of folks who want to get on and get it done. And when someone can tell me how we can reconcile in cab training with social distancing I’ll be the first one there. My view is that it is totally irresponsible to attempt to conduct training at the present time and there is no way I’m asking any of the team to put themselves in that position. And I’m certainly not doing it myself.

We will be allocated tests as soon as they’re available, working overtime like crazy and doing everything possible to get folks trained and tested in record time. The system is set up ready for this and will roll at the push of a metaphorical button as soon as DVSA make their move.

In the meantime, stay well and safe,

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Just to clarify, I didn’t have my training and test booked with Pete.
Wasn’t having a pop at Pete, I was venting about the uselessness of being able to get a test when you can’t get the training.
Can only think that it’s aimed at people needing a retest…
Should have vented elsewhere so as to avoid confusion.
Sorry.

Just to clarify, I didn’t have my training and test booked with Pete.
Wasn’t having a pop at Pete, I was venting about the uselessness of being able to get a test when you can’t get the training.
Can only think that it’s aimed at people needing a retest…
Should have vented elsewhere so as to avoid confusion.
Sorry.

I didn’t take it as a “pop”, so dont worry about that. As I said, I fully understand the frustration and I share it. But nothing can be done about it, and I hate defeat!

The only way I can think of the whole situation is that the world is stopping for 3 months. After that, hopefully, we wont be frozen in time and we can press on where we left off.

I’m putting off gardening, decorating, car cleaning etc etc cos I want something to do in the weeks ahead. Chances are I’ll be back at work without the jobs done!

Take care everyone, Pete :laughing: :laughing: