Liverpool Hauliers in the 1960s

Thanks Viking,
Always looking for Liverpool and close surrounding area hauliers.

Been a while since I have been on this post lads, just asking if anyone has come across any pics of 1950-60s lorries in a Liverpool setting.
Liverpool firms or visitors.
Thanks lads.

photo-2.jpg
One of my dad on for mortons ,Dont know if it’s any good .cant remember where there yard was,they done a lot for standard triumph out of speke…hope someone can make it bigger…ta

comet:
One of my dad on for mortons ,Dont know if it’s any good .cant remember where there yard was,they done a lot for standard triumph out of speke…hope someone can make it bigger…ta

It’s a bit bigger now and I have tried to tidy it up a bit,hope you don’t mind ?

Regards. John.

Brill that lads, many thanks for posting and editing the picture.
Any more pics of any haulier in or visiting Liverpool in the 1950-60,s please.

Does anyone have a photo’s of Richard Proctor’s lorries from Bootle or can tell me their livery.
Thanks

Richard Proctor’s were green cabs and yellow chassis - at least, their very last wagons were.

Marky
Thanks, I came across a Bootle May day parade 1960 on Youtube.
There are several lorries in the parade, a Jarvis Robinson, an all yellow one which could be Proctor,s re your post.
Ta

Can anyone help identify this firms lorry in the background at the Alexandra Grain warehouse Bootle.
Thanks in hope of an answer.

xkopite:
Can anyone help identify this firms lorry in the background at the Alexandra Grain warehouse Bootle.
Thanks in hope of an answer.

Hiya,
The colours look right for Norman Jowett of Todmorden.
thanks harry, long retired.

Harry,
Your a star, if its not a stupid question what did they transport.
Thanks

xkopite:
Harry,
Your a star, if its not a stupid question what did they transport.
Thanks

Hiya,
Sorry mate I haven’t a clue for who or what they carried but I think they was
just general hauliers and did a bit of everything I’ve seen roped and sheeted
loads, timber and machinery on their flats, their yard was on the main road
between Todmorden and Burnley and only ever saw them when driving past.
thanks harry, long retired.

Hi,
Just wandering if they had been to the grain warehouse or parked up after unloading in the docks.
Cheers

Arthur V Crutchley Co Ltd
Company logo (THE COMPANY BUILT ON SERVICE)

For drivers interested in Arthur V Crutchley transport.
I was employed for 5 ½ Years at AVC transport, I also lived in a Company house in Camden St
The two directors where Harry Crutchley & Jim Crutchley referred to as Mr Harry & Mr Jim
Mr Harry was Haulage side of the business Mr Jim looked after the coal side
Head office was in Price St, Birkenhead on the corner of Camden St,
The garage was also at Price St and the coal yard-coal trucks access from Camden St
All deliveries where to Birkenhead, Wallasey, Liverpool, & Runcorn docks

Warehouses Birkenhead – Liverpool
202 Warehouse----------------------209 Warehouse
Shore rd -----------------------------Four Bridges rd
Birkenhead---------------------------Birkenhead

Strand Rd----------------------------Cotton St
Warehouse & Stables---------------Warehouse & Export Packaging
Liverpool ----------------------------Liverpool

The horses ran from Strand Rd warehouse the stables where also at Strand Rd; the horses concentrated on the north end docks, but would go down to the south end docks on a few occasions
Horses had priority when delivering to the docks even though drivers had been queuing for days; the horse went straight to the front of the queue

The truck livery was dark blue with yellow lettering with red chassis, wheels (five black - white photos the trucks I drove in gallery)
Mixed fleet of vehicles based at the 209 Warehouse Birkenhead
All Vehicles had two way radios; I think AVC was one of the first companies to do this

Tractors at Birkenhead 209 Warehouse
Scammel Scarab, TK Bedford’s, RL Bedford’s, Seddon Diesel, Maudsley Rigid with Drawbar Trailer
Plus a variety of trailers
The first ERF tractor arrived about 1969
Coal Trucks TK Bedord Ridged

Liverool Warehouses
TK Bedford Ridged’s
Horse & Carts

Contracts we loaded from for AVC
ICI Dyes …Ellesmere Port Cheshire
Associated Octel Lead Anti-Knock Compound…Ellesmere Port Cheshire
Massy Ferguson Tractors …Coventry Midlands
Allis Charmers Baler’s…Mold N. Wales

The pesent AV Crutchley are based at Bridges Rd, Ellesmere Port ( Established1984)
White trucks yellow lettering, (see the web page)

Dipperbrown,
Thank you so much for this info, it will be a great help in making my scale models of Liverpool etc lorries.
Do you know of any photo’s of 1960s vehicles

Cheers
Dave

xkopite:
Dipperbrown,
Thank you so much for this info, it will be a great help in making my scale models of Liverpool etc lorries.
Do you know of any photo’s of 1960s vehicles

Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave
The only photos I have are the five I uploaded to the gallery, I wish I had photgraphed all of the truck that I drove over the years,
The only photos I have are of Rolls Royce funeral cars I drove before coming a truck driver and 2007 ERF & tanker I was driving before I retired.

dipperbrown

mushroomman:

harry_gill:
hiya,
remember a company called arthur v crutchley bootle area ran allsorts of motors used to drop bits in there in the early 60s for them to take into the docks they put stuff into storage until the ship opened to receive goods, i can also remember he had horses and carts for dock work as well, thanks harry long retired.

Hiya Harry, Arthur V. Crutcley, I think that they must of been going for some time, are they still about ?.
I know that in the 80s they had dark blue E.R.F.s and like you say a place in Bootle.
I.I.R.C. you came out of the Mersey Tunnel ( Kingsway was it ? ) turned left and went down a hill towards the Dock Road. They had an old place on the right which I think could of been some old stables at one time.
Regards Steve

Hi
Info on A V Crutchley go to page 5, Liverpool Hauliers of the 1960s look for (dipperbrown) I worked for them from 1965 for five half years

dipperbrown

I’m not sure if I’ve posted this on the right place but I thought I should share a picture of an Austin ran by Richard swift and sons maghull Liverpool it’s an old picture but hopefully some one will have heard of them

20160401_111549.jpg