Liverpool owner drivers 1950's thru to 1980's

i am new to the site but i am looking for any information, pic’s etc about any owner driver’s, small hauliers in the liverpool area from the 1950’s thru to the 1980’s. In paricular any connections with tate & lyle, silver roadways, northern ireland trailers or walter hales. I am trying to put an album together for my dad’s 80th birthday coming up soon. he incidently is barney clark who with his late brother alan traded as clark transport ltd and yes we are still going now in our 58th year of business. thanks in advance

Hi ya :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ask him for a pay rise Gordon

Cousin gordy can ask me for a rise any time he likes but to be honest he should know by now that i won’t be listenin :laughing: and as for you mutley,well you have just had a rise in the shape of about 2ft on the roof of that new wagon of yours :laughing:

New? I’ve got underpants older than that motor, comfy though I feel like a nodding dog driving it

F2000 boy:
Cousin gordy can ask me for a rise any time he likes but to be honest he should know by now that i won’t be listenin :laughing: and as for you mutley,well you have just had a rise in the shape of about 2ft on the roof of that new wagon of yours :laughing:

You dont listen you dont answer emails you dont reply to texts i think your getting a bit senile cousin Keith :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Does anybody remember Seagrams at Speke? :confused:

There was a group formed in the late 80’s called ‘MODA’ Merseyside Owner Drivers Association, you can just make out the window sticker in the screen of my truck (half hidden behind the drivers side wiper) from that period.

I don’t know of any O/D’s that worked for the companies you mention but I can remember a few of the owner drivers from ‘back then’; Brian Doyle, Stan Woods, Jimmy Edwards, Alan McCullock, Dave Jowet (still going) Fred Jowet, Alan Mosey & Paddy Cambell. There are lots more that will come to mind which I’ll post later if required.

Ross.