Couple of Liverpool Oldies

This is my wifes dads Old haulage business in the 70s…Thats her Dad Tommy McKeown on the left…

This is a truck my Dad drove for Mike Smith, AKA Smith Bros of Widnes back in the 70s

Like the one of the DAF :smiley:

the daf picture is that in kirby ind est ino it say kirby on the door like, it looks like webber road to me

[/quote]

This is the first lorry I ever drove on my own, I mean not just steering while my Dad did the pedals, but actually drove all on my own! I was 11 & it was on the site of what is now the M20.

It had been recabbed by then as the bloke that had it before my dad rolled it in Holland, it still had the chrome grille but had a red & grey interior & the wipers at the top of the screen, it was red with a white stripe then too, my Dad loved that motor, it dropped a valve once on the A66 at Brough but that apart it was very reliable & believe me it was worked very very hard in my Dads hands!

That’s proper nostalgia, all I need now is a picture of a 290 reg JJO 615N, that was the successor to DDH. Thanks Routier, that’ll really please my grumpy Old Man :laughing:

Hi markH I don,t think that is webber rd as I worked at Kirkdale Lewis Haulage at the time and it looks like Charleywood Rd as that appears to be Williams Harvey,s chimney in the background (now Eldapoint Container Storage) and it also looks like the staff car park for the Kirkdale Lewis Haulage yard.

mark h:
the daf picture is that in kirby ind est ino it say kirby on the door like, it looks like webber road to me

Faraday Road in Kirby Ind Estate,its by the Makro is where the firm was based.

That’s proper nostalgia, all I need now is a picture of a 290 reg JJO 615N, that was the successor to DDH. Thanks Routier, that’ll really please my grumpy Old Man

Blimey, dye have any pics of it ?

Your more than welcome, will see if he has anymore when I next see him!

routier:
Faraday Road in Kirby Ind Estate,its by the Makro is where the firm was based.

That is actually Makro behind the wagon - the cab is obscuring the sign on the side of the building.

One of their old trucks… Mike / Steve if ye reading this you should know who this is …!!!