Lincoln – what's the catch?

I was thinking of moving to Lincoln. Seems pretty decent — well cheap house prices, lovely city center, plenty to do and a fair bit of driving work around with reasonable pay…so what’s the catch or is it generally a decent place to live?

You’ll earn about a pound an hour more than a road sweeper, or a toilet cleaner. Trust me I looked at Spalding on Right move , nice big houses , big gardens , loads of jam rolls working for£7.50 an hour . We should all have a referendum and vote Lincolnshire out of England . Shame on thier drivers, shame. :smiling_imp:

sh * t! New there had to be a catch. It’s a bloody shame though - the amount of house you get for 160k is insane.!!

No local. :frowning:

Fulham FC:
You’ll earn about a pound an hour more than a road sweeper, or a toilet cleaner. Trust me I looked at Spalding on Right move , nice big houses , big gardens , loads of jam rolls working for£7.50 an hour . We should all have a referendum and vote Lincolnshire out of England . Shame on thier drivers, shame. :smiling_imp:

Wages are crap but you do get a lot of house for your money. It’s pretty safe. We moved here 27 years ago. Raised our family now it’s time to move on

If you look about you should get a bit more. Good thing is there is Always work. Depends on your mortgage I guess

I can’t praise the hospital in Lincoln enough,my father was taken ill a few years ago whilst out on the road and the staff there were amazing.

Do you like gutting chickens?

And there’s a prison too! More continental than British but if you master the language you’ll be fine. Oh! It opens on weekends too! :wink:

In my previous career I lived in Lincoln for about 2 years. A little village called bardney. About 10/15 mins drive from the centre. I loved it there. Had a great time, good night out there too with the university there’s plenty of fanny

My home city, totally ruined by the university, now just full of drunk noisy students and bars, and whats not full of students is full of eastern euros. Traffic at peak times is hell, worse than bigger places like Nottingham or Sheffield.

Lycanthrope:
My home city, totally ruined by the university, now just full of drunk noisy students and bars, and whats not full of students is full of eastern euros. Traffic at peak times is hell, worse than bigger places like Nottingham or Sheffield.

Ditto wish they build that frecking eastern bypass. City is gridlocked most days its a pain in the rear. I live in one of the towns near by and its a bugger having to get through the city. But its a nice one though :slight_smile:

htfc1984:
In my previous career I lived in Lincoln for about 2 years. A little village called bardney. About 10/15 mins drive from the centre. I loved it there. Had a great time, good night out there too with the university there’s plenty of fanny

I lived in Bardney for 3 yrs, worked for Rob Armstrong, pulling out of Padleys, also lived in Lincoln & Branston.
Nice area to live, was there about 20 yrs altogether.
Drove for Cartrights, MC Mountain, and on agency, Walkers, Daylay, Cupits, Brakes, Treasures, Stobarts,etc.

htfc1984:

Not much good for the “average age of a driver being 53” though… Unless you don’t mind a spot of moose hunting.

Not my type.jpg

Spent a weekend there with the Missus for her 40th ,cracking city centre loads of different shops so she was happy, where she in turn made be happy back at the hotel.

I suppose it depends on where your moving from!!

Winseer:
No local. :frowning:

Try ‘the plough’

This is an interesting website for cost of living comparisons, you can change the cities:

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/co … y2=Lincoln

No catch if you know what you want and how to get it :wink:
Lovely place, the congestion is not as bad as some have said, infact I would say it is a non-issue…But then I came from over 25 years in the SE.
Been in Lincs for three and a half years now and can1t really fault it, keep away from Boston, Spalding areas, as the foreigners are mostly rude and gather in gangs. Lincoln is a nice place and the house prices seem to keep the `Skis out of the area :wink:

I wanted peace & quiet and got it…A sparsely populated county that means that I get to retain my freedom (Intense dislike of people means I have to live away from them) Both psychiatrists stated this in their reports.

I am now looking at affordable Islands, as the yearning to kill is becoming stronger once more :frowning:

neilg14:

htfc1984:

I lived in Bardney for 3 yrs, worked for Rob Armstrong, pulling out of Padleys, also lived in Lincoln & Branston.
Nice area to live, was there about 20 yrs altogether.
Drove for Cartrights, MC Mountain, and on agency, Walkers, Daylay, Cupits, Brakes, Treasures, Stobarts,etc.

I was a civil engineer in a former life we was renovating and extending the ■■■■ farm on Wellingborough road and we stopped at the black horse in bardney. Spent many many many drunken nights in the ‘gypsy queen’