Any suggestions - places to get a start?

I know this is asked regularly and I’m almost embaressed to be following suit but;

I’m looking to get a start in the class 1s, I’ll list the sort of work I’ve done on rigids below in case it helps. I’ve no problem moving away from lincoln if that’s what it takes though there are a few places I wouldn’t want to go to. Any suggestions of who to speek to / where to try would be much appreciated.

I’ve done fridge work, flats, drop siders, curtain siders, steelwork, palletised and cages, rdc’s, building sites (no cscs), supermarkets and farms - and removals but you can keep that :laughing:

Not too worried about pay to start with as long as it’s not less than I’m on at the moment (£6.50-£8/hr basic) Anyone know of any firms that’s be well worth a try?

Thought you was binning your women and moving to Wales :question: :question:

Reed Boardall up at boroughbridge seem to set people on without much experience, although you don’t keep your own motor but if ya fancy going away all week in same motor it ain’t that far from lincoln for a start, at least you’ll only have the commute there and back twice a week.

Is that women as in more than one? :laughing:

You could try: cartwrightbros.com/pages/contact-us.html

yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction … yResults=1

Or Fowler Welch at Spalding.

Silver_Surfer:
Is that women as in more than one? :laughing:

you never know with todays yoof!!

no morals these days :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

if he moves to wales he can have the pick of the flock!!

tashlad666:
Reed Boardall up at boroughbridge seem to set people on without much experience, although you don’t keep your own motor but if ya fancy going away all week in same motor it ain’t that far from lincoln for a start, at least you’ll only have the commute there and back twice a week.

i vouch for this as i work ar rb

the place is nowhere near as bad as the rumours that people say about it

yes if u just work days or nights u get different unit every day but if your a tramper your in the same unit all week

they took me on with no class 1 experience at all and had only passed my test 3 months prior to starting here
they gave me that all important chance, they just give you a assesment drive first n pass that then they set me on so

Thetaff:
Thought you was binning your women and moving to Wales :question: :question:

Tiz still a thought except it’s changed to anywhere I can get work that’s not a dump. Nah, one woman’s enough confusion for me :laughing:

Silver_Surfer:
You could try: cartwrightbros.com/pages/contact-us.html

Driving for them all week except tomorow (and today because the lorry I was supposed to be in is vor), No idea what the class 1 work’s like though - except they do a fair bit for a big potato firm. Might have a word on friday.

Have you ever considered moving to Southampton D/S.■■ There seems to be plenty of work down that way.You also seem to know your way around there no probs. :wink: :wink: Should be a piece of cake. You,d also do well with the women, I should imagine. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: They seem to have a soft spot for sad looking geezers . :laughing: :laughing:

Buycrider:
They seem to have a soft spot for sad looking geezers . :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: Thanks a [zb]ing lot! :unamused:

Come move to the golden triangle :smiley:

garnerlives:

Care to explain why?

There are quite a few reefer firms in the Spalding area the likes of Fowler Welch,Freshlincs etc why dont you give them a ring or go down there and knock on a few doors,it aint that far from lincoln

I will be doing at some point taff, are there any to steer clear of?

Because it has 3 points and is shiny :confused: I’m not sure!!

There do seem to be a lot of firms taking on in our area at the moment, and it has always been said you will find it easier to get work here due to the amount of firms about

darkseeker:

garnerlives:

Care to explain why?

No, don’t move there, his idea of ‘the golden triangle’ is a three way ■■■■■■■ contest :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

darkseeker:

garnerlives:

Care to explain why?

No, don’t move there, his idea of ‘the golden triangle’ is a three way ■■■■■■■ contest :laughing:

But just like in Ghostbusters never cross the stream flow!!

shuttlespanker:

darkseeker:

garnerlives:

Care to explain why?

lol, now if he’d said furry triangle…

darkseeker:
I will be doing at some point taff, are there any to steer clear of?

I wouldn’t know pal as ive never worked for any of them,most of the ones ive spoken to on for Fowler Welch seem happy enough

Thankyou, maybe someone else’ll know. I’ve noticed the wages don’t seem all that good out that way (one wanted experienced class 1 drivers for £6.50/hr recently :open_mouth: ) but would be happy to do it for less than average until I’ve got the hang of it.