Any suggestions - places to get a start?

If you don’t mind driving to coventry once a week, try coltons from barking. We’ve got motors based at bestway coventry. 500 a week take home, salaried. More if you do a day at the weekend, or a 15 hr day. You keep your own lorry, and it doesn’t even get used when you’re off. You get your good days and your bad days, like anywhere. Some weeks you’ll do max hrs and 4 nights out, others you’ll do 55 hrs no nights out. Rough with the smooth. Our work is good, except Tate and lyle can be crap, but the reload work is mostly rubbish, things like bricks and plasterboard. I find it ok though

garnerlives:
Come move to the golden triangle :smiley:

:open_mouth: Too much information. :grimacing:

:bulb: Now then young Jon, I’d just point out that triangles are available in various colours. :wink:

I hear that HANKY SPANKY will set anyone on these days as well even foxy oooooooh sorry jd :grimacing:

globby 480:
I hear that HANKY SPANKY will set anyone on these days as well even foxy oooooooh sorry jd :grimacing:

Lol, I’ll try anything once.

Then again, getting all my bad habits / ■■■■ ups plastered all over here :confused:

I was at GIST Spalding the other week, they were after drivers. Trucks aren’t all that but the money seems to be ok and all you do is run around between Marks and Spencer suppliers and depots.

Have you tried RASE they have seem to be constantly busy at the moment.

tashlad666:
Reed Boardall up at boroughbridge seem to set people on without much experience, although you don’t keep your own motor but if ya fancy going away all week in same motor it ain’t that far from lincoln for a start, at least you’ll only have the commute there and back twice a week.

what he says, so far i’ve only been parked in the yard about 6 times and never sent home yet. not having a truck to call home is the biggest draw back with the job though.

do what i done yell.com find local offices then GO in and ask face to face. im in a 7.5t rigid at the mo but i didnt know anywhere at all im from belfast no lve in scotland boss took me on after i while ill get my unit.

Imp:
Have you tried RASE they have seem to be constantly busy at the moment.

Haven’t tried anyone yet mate, will be when I get my license back though. I’ll be trying all the locals and having a good think about those further afield - if it’s nearly always a full week tramping then all the better (even though that’s a questionable attitude for someone my age).

have you tried browns coldmovers at spalding pal dont know wot they are like but always have advert up for drivers. there is maddisons aswell on grain they might be busy with harvest.

darkseeker:

globby 480:

Then again, getting all my bad habits / ■■■■ ups plastered all over here :confused:

and just what is that supposed to mean? :unamused:

South Lincs does seem quite popular with haulage firms…

shuttlespanker:

darkseeker:

globby 480:

:laughing: nowt, except I’ve noticed a bit of pee taking going on.

steve07:
have you tried browns coldmovers at spalding pal dont know wot they are like but always have advert up for drivers. there is maddisons aswell on grain they might be busy with harvest.

re browns-
From what I’ve seen;

pay’s not great (about £7/hr iirc), kit’s good but you don’t get treated very well. I’d certainly consider it though just to get the experience.

Will look at maddisons, being tippers they’d probably want tipping experience which I haven’t got but you dont know until you ask.

darkseeker:

shuttlespanker:

darkseeker:

globby 480:

:laughing: nowt, except I’ve noticed a bit of pee taking going on.

oh, you mean this thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60445&p=726398&hilit=daz%27s+cab+mods#p725013

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

garnerlives:
Come move to the golden triangle :smiley:

plenty of class 2 work about if you cant get artic more opputunities about to get experinence.

an the women are nicer. free er

get youre own place an register with nova contracting.
working away frome home you wont pay tax.dont go into an agencey house.
youll lose money.