Any info on working for Freshlincs?

I’ve been looking at house prices in Spalding, unbelievable what you can get for very little money. Anyhow I’ve looked at drivers jobs in that area and come across Freshlincs any got any info if they are a good company to work for ? Hours , wages etc? Cheers in advance.

can you speak Polish?

shuttlespanker:
can you speak Polish?

Kuvar.

Mainly fruit and veg to asda dc’s and collections back to spalding. Have noticed more english looking names on the noticeboard when delivering there recently so maybe local guys are starting to work for them again.

I heard the money ain’t so great,but plenty of companies in spalding area some of them have got to be ok

shuttlespanker:
can you speak Polish?

Witaj Moj Przyjacielu :wink:

Wow I’ve only just joined and expected to wait hours or even days for a reply . Well impressed. If anyone’s in the A40 area of London , there maybe a very cushy number coming up in a couple of months time for a class 2 driver, money not great, but could be worse . But the hours are superb,on average I work from 8.30 till 3 , but can be less. Also some days you might be sleeping for a couple of hours. Very very easy. I won’t give no details yet, but I’ll let you know if it becomes available. Ironically enough it depends if the Polish driver leaves.

the industrial estate next to Morrisons comes in handy :grimacing:

Bit of background/tech info for you here

truckingtopics.co.uk/freshlinc14.8gat.html

truckingtopics.co.uk/freshlincscanias.html

Lots of new trucks

No worse a reputation than many of the South Lincolnshire produce hauliers really.

The low house prices and decent rates of pay are probably what attracts the Eastern European drivers to the area too.

There’s also plenty of driving work available in Peterborough too so you shouldn’t be too short of work. Good luck with it.

Fulham FC:
I’ve been looking at house prices in Spalding, unbelievable what you can get for very little money. Anyhow I’ve looked at drivers jobs in that area and come across Freshlincs any got any info if they are a good company to work for ? Hours , wages etc? Cheers in advance.

Serious info from drivers who have worked there is that they expect you to bend the rules (10 mins from base out of time out comes the card sort of stuff) apparently the pay is £7ph although you will get more via agency on LTD Co. I have been told that the better payers around Spalding way are Mason Bro’s based out at Kirton and if they are still offering the contract Turners at Bicker (where I am at) I know we go fully Turners on 5th of September so after then it might go onto turner hourly rate (I’ve been told that is naff) TBH the pay around here represents the house prices, your not going to find £10-£12ph round here unless ypu go agency LTD Co. You might find a half decent day rate but they will max you out (like me)

Zb

Fowler Welch are also looking for drivers, but don’t expect big money!

I want a tramping job but don’t really know where to start looking round here

NewLad:
I want a tramping job but don’t really know where to start looking round here

Where are u from?

If you are ten mins from base don’t pull the card just leave it in! They don’t give a toss about ten mins but hate fraud! Perverting the course of justice, they don’t like it up 'em etc. far better to just go, yeah I did it then try & pull the wool…

Most drivers seem to think when you work there it’s ok to use the 3rd lane to!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376380256.036864.jpg

Looking at the sign ahead, lane 1 splits for the junction, so perhaps he’s just a little early in getting across to what will become lane 2.

GasGas:
Looking at the sign ahead, lane 1 splits for the junction, so perhaps he’s just a little early in getting across to what will become lane 2.

He’s still in lane 4 with 3 lanes continuing on!

GasGas:

That looks like the M62 new managed motorways and driver is in lane 4 which will become lane 3 when lane 1 splits! He shouldn’t be there at all! Never a plod when ya want one!