Fowler welch spalding.

hi all…im moving to Lincolnshire soon around the spalding area. .looking at applying to fowler welch, gist or fresh link… anyone got any info on these? …I work for pcl hatfield at the min so pulling a wheelbarrow around behind me would be a step up…thanks :slight_smile:

How good is your polish?

See lots of them out on the roads, most driving new MAN’s. Give them a call and ask if they got any work.

SWEDISH BLUE:
How good is your polish?

oh god …there as well? …working for pcl at min…99.9999999% polish… great! :smiling_imp:

Don’t know what fowler is paying freshlinc are under 7 quid an hour last time I talked to one of there drivers

RIZZO101:
Don’t know what fowler is paying freshlinc are under 7 quid an hour last time I talked to one of there drivers

really…not good…might try agency they usually pay more

SWEDISH BLUE:
How good is your polish?

Mr sheen?

gist pay about 8 per hour via agency

They(Fowlers, GIST, FreshLinc) have all had a lot of subbies pulling their trailers, so they must be short of drivers…The pay is just derisory, so no surprise really.

att:
They(Fowlers, GIST, FreshLinc) have all had a lot of subbies pulling their trailers, so they must be short of drivers…The pay is just derisory, so no surprise really.

I wonder if it’s cheaper/cost effective to subbie out that employ a driver on decent remuneration (£10+/hr).

Was in there on Mon night,
couldn’t get over it :exclamation: :exclamation:

Fowler Welch paying £7.90 ph & £9.80 O/T & weekends!!

Fowler Welch down here pay just about the going rate they do a lot of Tesco work, their kit seems reasonable, when they advertise locally they state an induction and driver assessment is required. I would have thought that alone would take out some of the worst drivers leaving you in a better position.

The driving assessment could just be a formality for insurance purposes.

They’re all advertising locally and the money is generally the same at either of them, gist is generally no nights out, fowlers is a lot of day work too, fresh linc have trampers.

There was a sign outside gist saying “earn over £600 a week”, I was almost interested as it’s closer to home but didn’t fancy the pay cut or driving at 40.

war1974:

May mate got a tel call and they said the rate had gone up from I think it was £7.80 to 9.oo p.h

itwasntme:
hi all…im moving to Lincolnshire soon around the spalding area. .looking at applying to fowler welch, gist or fresh link… anyone got any info on these? …I work for pcl hatfield at the min so pulling a wheelbarrow around behind me would be a step up…thanks :slight_smile:

Mate left after a week,2/3 weeks ago,

There’s a sign outside advertising for drivers it’s been there for awhile now,the work is a piece of ■■■■ mostly rdc’s we do a lot out of there and not all their drivers are Eastern European there is quite a few English drivers who work there too.

dozy:

war1974:

May mate got a tel call and they said the rate had gone up from I think it was £7.80 to 9.oo p.h

£9 is for weekends / overtime.

hi all…been to fowler passed the assesment n offered a job …but pay is crap…7.22 an hr on days…hmmm maybe not … thanks all :slight_smile:

itwasntme:
pay is crap…7.22 an hr on days…hmmm maybe not … thanks all :slight_smile:

That is disgusting. Anyone who takes insulting wage like that needs to be publicly ridiculed, slapped around the face with a wet fish, have their arse violated by an angry midget with a cucumber and made to join the Stobart Spotters club for life.