LHD Ford Transcontinentals

Hi all I’m just thinking about starting my lhd Transcon renovation couple of months away was wondering any body got any old parts anything with interior sun vizer please get in touch regards rowly

0o58.jpg

3103787869_1_17_TnkUDGlM.jpg

Thats Hoopermans old truck. :sunglasses:

GS OVERLAND:
Thats Hoopermans old truck. :sunglasses:

I didn’t know that! I found a pic of the B-series he drove and, of course, the Transcon that made him famous. He was a good lad and I met him at various points on the TIR-trail, most memorably on the flat road approaching the Saudi border with Qatar at Salwa on the Arabian Gulf. He took the trouble to stop and exchange news of the road with me in the time-honoured way. I appreciated that: all gone now. That would have been as late as 2001. Robert

A couple of LHD.

Was sent these scans this week. Robert

Robert there’s something about transcons they still look awesome regards rowly

ERF-NGC-European:
Was sent these scans this week. Robert

Hey Robert, the red Belgian Ford was standing in Ford’s launching brochure with several more well known Belgian hauliers.
As Edmond Depaire, Hessenatie, Bram Smits and some other.
Eric,

rward:

You’re right there! I’d happily drive one tomorrow. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

rward:

I think not many were sold in the U.K. But I think quite a few folk would buy one now and run it.They would in by eye’s stll look as good as the modern motors today.I think a few blokes would buy one but spares as usual certainly cab are a problem.From what I Have heard they were pretty reliable on the Middle East runs but a bit cold at night.( Perhaps a DORF would be better ! ) As someone says you could get ex works a complete kitchen but you didn’t have a passenger seat.Not a bad extra though The early prices were about the same as Big J Guy

Tony

rastone:

ERF-NGC-European:

rward:

I think not many were sold in the U.K. But I think quite a few folk would buy one now and run it.They would in by eye’s stll look as good as the modern motors today.I think a few blokes would buy one but spares as usual certainly cab are a problem.From what I Have heard they were pretty reliable on the Middle East runs but a bit cold at night.( Perhaps a DORF would be better ! ) As someone says you could get ex works a complete kitchen but you didn’t have a passenger seat.Not a bad extra though The early prices were about the same as Big J Guy

Tony

If they were that cheap, Tony, you should have sold a couple to Tony and Doug - they would have been a ■■■■ site better to drive than those two Big J 6 wheelers (but probably a lot heavier!)

Steve

Ste46:

rastone:

ERF-NGC-European:

rward:

Tony

If they were that cheap, Tony, you should have sold a couple to Tony and Doug - they would have been a ■■■■ site better to drive than those two Big J 6 wheelers (but probably a lot heavier!)

Steve

The Cortina grill wouldn’t fit

Tony

DELIVERED NEW FROM HENDY LENNOX CHANDLER’S FORD SOUTHAMPTON

FRESH FROM PAINT SHOP

END OF THE ROAD A FEW YEARS LATER

This Dutch example on the Europe to Malta run looks well tooled up for winter crossings of the Alps! Transcons were very popular on that route at one time with Express Trailers of Malta running some, or at least its subbies did! Malta is now ‘in Europe’, of course. Robert

Saw these today,

Some kind of circus using fish and god knows what else…