LHD Ford Transcontinentals

More pics, can’t get em straight…

Another one

One more,

64397493_10217210182419987_8957653431137337344_n.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

I personally think the 3 + 3 artic configuration is the most aesthetic and balanced to look at of the genre especially with an old school tilt. :wink:

Carryfast:

ERF-NGC-European:

I personally think the 3 + 3 artic configuration is the most aesthetic and balanced to look at of the genre especially with an old school tilt. :wink:

+1 - but only if the tag axle has double wheels :wink: . Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

Carryfast:

ERF-NGC-European:

+1 - but only if the tag axle has double wheels :wink: . Robert

Or a 6x4. :smiley: :wink:

The French loved them,sold large numbers !

A couple of LHD ones.

Archived too thorough and just found the 1975-brochure on ■■■■■■■ for Ford’s flagship.

I recall some uncertainty on the fact that this engine was exclusively for Ford Europe Ltd.

Brochure was issued by ■■■■■■■ Belgium as they usually did for Seddon-Atkinson, ERF and Foden

ERF-Continental:
Archived too thorough and just found the 1975-brochure on ■■■■■■■ for Ford’s flagship.

I recall some uncertainty on the fact that this engine was exclusively for Ford Europe Ltd.

Brochure was issued by ■■■■■■■ Belgium as they usually did for Seddon-Atkinson, ERF and Foden

That’s interesting. Presumably the suffix ‘E’ (NTC 335E) was E for Europe. I did once drive a Transcon with the later big-cam ■■■■■■■ 350 and that really flew :sunglasses: ! Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:

That’s interesting. Presumably the suffix ‘E’ (NTC 335E) was E for Europe. I did once drive a Transcon with the later big-cam ■■■■■■■ 350 and that really flew :sunglasses: ! Robert

1975 so deffo a small cam 335.Torque peak at 1,300 rpm ? not 1,500 rpm which is what I’d thought I’d seen elsewhere previously. :confused: Which sort of adds weight to the NGC under gearing at max speed with RT box question.

ERF-NGC-European:
That’s interesting. Presumably the suffix ‘E’ (NTC 335E) was E for Europe…
Robert

No! The badge says …27. The engine was a derated 335. Ford published net hp in those days, so it had about 290 gross.

IIRC, the…31 Transcons used a similarly-derated NTC355 (which made 342bhp net in the …42 Transcon).

Chopping the top off the fuel pump output curve of NTC’s was rife, well before the introduction of the NTE290. The first iteration was the Custom Torque engine, around 1971(?).

Your next literary excursion now has two possible subjects, both of which are involved with the application of torque to the back axle of a Transcon!

ERF-Continental:

How about finding the corresponding brochure for the Foden? That disappeared from one of your posts, never to return, during one of your more whimsical moments.

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:
That’s interesting. Presumably the suffix ‘E’ (NTC 335E) was E for Europe…
Robert

No! The badge says …27. The engine was a derated 335. Ford published net hp in those days, so it had about 290 gross.

IIRC, the…31 Transcons used a similarly-derated NTC355 (which made 342bhp net in the …42 Transcon).

Chopping the top off the fuel pump output curve of NTC’s was rife, well before the introduction of the NTE290. The first iteration was the Custom Torque engine, around 1971(?).

Your next literary excursion now has two possible subjects, both of which are involved with the application of torque to the back axle of a Transcon!

I get set harder homework since I’ve been retired than ever I got at school :open_mouth: !

Robert :laughing:

610DA8AA-26F3-401C-A9EC-BBB8C0A85C9D.jpeg.jpg

Hiya,Robert…heres one mate,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hi Bubbs & Robert here is another shot of the above motor owner driver Arthur Bessant from Bournemouth, I used to run with him in the early 80’s to Italy usually with boxvans (rentco) with either synthetic rubber all over and Tampax that went to Prato and relod out of Albini & Pitigliani with rolls of cloth for Colin Wilks from Southampton who ran several different companies. Arthur had a wacking great fridge in the chassis of that transcon so always nice to have a can of coke of him if he offered, he was not a young man back then either and could not stand it if you over took him on a hill, Cheers Buzzer

Good going ^^^^ lads, cheers! At least the load had tow-ropes ready-attached, even if the unit didn’t :wink: Ro