Daf 3300/3600

On my way into work last week i met a D plate Daf 3300/3600 at Yoxford pulling a triaxle tautliner. I didn’t get a good look as i was driving in opposite direction and he had her lit!. It was maroon and am prety sure it had A.C Binns? on it. Was a blast from the past to see an old school motor like that working whilst i was on my way to a boring power station!
Regards
Daz

A C Binns is Paul Binns of Paul Binns Commercials’ father :wink:

Binnsy also used to have a Transcon, not sure if he’s still got it though.

Derf:

Binnsy also used to have a Transcon, not sure if he’s still got it though.

That’s the beast, looks the dogs danglies. My uncle used to drive an F12 globetrotter in a similar colour, as Parksy who owned it had it sprayed the same colour as his 7 series :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m sure I saw this on the web in vintage run to Spain? Can’t remember which site it was on though, siesta fiesta was the run I think? Had some cool pics and that space cab was featured with pics of the interior etc, think it ran with some Essex 141 units (Essex or kirby).

Binn’s transcon is awesome , as said has he still got this? Is there a build thread anywhere for it?
Cheers harryvr6.

Here’s the one I used to drive…

Derf:

I REALLY, REALLY want that.
Please.

Im sure Binns had one of these, in metallic green, pulling for Europa out of Erith in the very late 80s / early 90`s. May even be the same one, pre or post a respray.

bullitt:
Im sure Binns had one of these, in metallic green, pulling for Europa out of Erith in the very late 80s / early 90`s. May even be the same one, pre or post a respray.

Think the green one that pulled out of Dartford was owned by Kevin A Creighton, he had a smart F10 and a brand new Pegaso at around the same time.
Chris.

Plenty on this old thread as well… :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=59780

This pic was added by TN member “Carl” so credit to him :wink:

Question…So, its the late 80`s and you’re off somewhere which is going to keep you away for a couple of weeks, which one do you want the keys for? :smiley: :wink:

Hi! Well the Daf is missing one axel… But if it had a rearlift tag i would go for it :smiley:
You nead the rear lift here in snowy Sweden!

Reg Danne

Despite the badges, it was a 3300.

Hi some of the DAFs I used on jam haulage from Nelson’s Preserves Aintree Liverpool
Ron Forsyth

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

DAF VVX 513S two pics one after a bad bump( driver uninjured)
And one with a new cab

Ron Forsyth

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hiya …as you can see i’ve pulled up the old Daf site. plenty on their to see including my 3300 spacer.big mistake selling her.
John

3300John:
Hiya …as you can see i’ve pulled up the old Daf site. plenty on their to see including my 3300 spacer.big mistake selling her.
John

hey john,

I hope you are well mate, your old space cab is for sale again but I cant remember what mag I saw it in.

cheers
gaz

tetragaz:

3300John:
John

hey john,

I hope you are well mate, your old space cab is for sale again but I cant remember what mag I saw it in.

hiya gaz…she keeps going up in price i can,t afford to buy her back. funny thing is she has passed through 8 or 9 owners
but back and forward so 6 owners from new really. everyone keeps making a profit out of each other. i don’t know who
own,s her at the moment. it may be Rob he was the 3rd /6th and maybe the 8th owner the chap from nr Chester had her
7th and now has her back at number 9 i think. good to get the message from you cheers. her,s one for you do you remember
M&M transport, pale blue Seddon tipper with a Red chassis…go up out of Congleton on the Rushton road turn right after at the
coach and horses then go straight first left towards Rudyard,up a narrow road M&M was in a quarry on the right before you
come to the crossroads.don’t know who the owner was just M&M on the door. i,am going back 40 years i’d think.
cheers John