Leighton Transport Kidderminster

Hi Guys

Good to hear from you all, i thought you all would have forgotten me , but not so as it seems. Yes they were good days and times and when i sometimes sit back and think about it it makes me feel very sad that its no longer there.

I still own the yard on Hoo Farm Industrial est.

Brian the answer to your question do I still work for Stiller is no. I left Stiller approx 6 years ago and went to work for Inavate Logistics as works manager at Round Oak Rail.
Inavate went bust and Corus bought the rail side of Inavate and 12 months down the road they made me redundent.
Im now drive a Sprinter van part time delivering quads for Apache Quads
Well guys its fantastic to hear from you all and i hope you are all well and give my regards to anyone who knows me
If anyone would like to contact me my mobie number is 07794251686 my email address is Geoffleighton@live.co.uk

Hi Geoff

Good to see you on here!

Not sure if you would remember me I bought some of your old Scanias years ago to bring back and break up here in Southampton.

Geoff L:
Hi Guys

Good to hear from you all, i thought you all would have forgotten me , but not so as it seems. Yes they were good days and times and when i sometimes sit back and think about it it makes me feel very sad that its no longer there.

I still own the yard on Hoo Farm Industrial est.

Brian the answer to your question do I still work for Stiller is no. I left Stiller approx 6 years ago and went to work for Inavate Logistics as works manager at Round Oak Rail.
Inavate went bust and Corus bought the rail side of Inavate and 12 months down the road they made me redundent.
Im now drive a Sprinter van part time delivering quads for Apache Quads
Well guys its fantastic to hear from you all and i hope you are all well and give my regards to anyone who knows me
If anyone would like to contact me my mobie number is 07794251686 my email address is Geoffleighton@live.co.uk

Hi Geoff, welcome to truck net, i used to enjoy my saturdays and school holidays in the old yard at Kiddy and out in the Scania 111,141, fond memories :smiley: Post some more photos please and have you any Fransen pics cheers Tony.

This was on another thread;

stumbled upon this today… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Wasnt anybody around that i could speak to about this belter… so need to do some more investigations about it methinks…

Does anybody think they know what the livery would have been…■■

please enjoy…

Did Geoff have any 141’s?

Hi Pat

Yes i had 7 141 Scanias very go tool in there day
Geoff Leighton

Hodgy67:
Annyone out there remember theese they were always pullin steel from s wales and also had trucks on contract to Fransen Transport UK Kidderminster… some picsThe Fransen truck pictured is of Leightons.

The Leighton truck in the photo was ONX…Fransen one was Fransens own,think it was XUE,driven by Brian Fenwick,good man…When Geoff got it,it was driven by Mick(Shirley) Shepherd…ONX was new,Phil Tidmarsh had it then…Steve (tingtong) Taylor…still living,but away from Uk…now in Denmark for the last 18 years…soon the Land of Oz…

Geoff L:
Tingtong & fluffy waiting for a pint after a long week

A pint? Fluff only drank halves,lager and lime,but me and Tidmarsh kept Harold in buisness with you leading
the way with the pints and the late sessions,goodtimes though,good memories…Thanks for the experience"Mush"…Regards,Steve Taylor…Tingtong…

Billy taylor:

Geoff L:

A pint? Fluff only drank halves,lager and lime,but me and Tidmarsh kept Harold in buisness with you leading
the way with the pints and the late sessions,goodtimes though,good memories…Thanks for the experience"Mush"…Regards,Steve Taylor…Tingtong…

Hi Steve, i got a photo of you mate nice flares mate lol, Tony.

Hello Geoff

Good to hear you’re still kicking about…

Best wishes to you…

Steve and Stella… Ex Bowker - Terbow- Freelance- Bridgnorth :slight_smile:

Hodgy67:

Billy taylor:

Geoff L:

Hi Steve, i got a photo of you mate nice flares mate lol, Tony.

That was the day of flares mate…still wearing them now,not the same pair though…

Geoff L:
most unsual to see the fleet all together.

Good line up mate,still looked smart…bloody good days

Billy taylor:

Geoff L:

land of oz, what you going as mate , scarecrow maybe.!

mr Fluffy:

Billy taylor:

Geoff L:

land of oz, what you going as mate , scarecrow maybe.!

No mate,Dorothy…Mr.Fluffy?..Since when have you been able to write?..

i have been teaching him for the last 20 years DOZ

I remember Phil and Martin Chance when they were pulling for fransen with Leighton tractors.Martin was pulling for iT holland the tilt side of Fransen and Phil had a fridge.They used the olau line out of sheerness back in the late70,s and 80,s.Brian Fenwick who drove the 141 XUE was a good friend of mine back then,he kept that truck immaculate and lived near smithfield meat market.Martin Chance worked for European Frieght Bus i think after comeing off pulling for Fransen.Phil was always a one for the lady,s,and loved a drink.I think there was another company called Prince,s from bristol way that also pulled for Fransen and an owner driver called Brian Shaw who had a few 2800 daf,s who was from hemel hempsted.

Hi All, i,m pleased to be part of the memories driving for Geoff during the 70,s, my Scania was a 110 reg TUY 740L, i remember Phil, Steve, Johnny Bond, Jez atkinson and Pete the mechanic and of course Geoff himself, his dad H when he was the owner of the Oldfield inn , these photos of the yard in Stourbridge road certainly bring back old memories of my early days of driving back and forth to Llanwern.

Here i am 30 years later and still driving for the Council albeit mostly sat on my backside in an office.

Dave K

Some good and not so good pics there , great line up pic outside taintons .

something not mentioned on this thread so far is how many of us came from Double D transport , Barty , Steve Collie , me and Les Roberts , i thinka lad we called beaky who was a black country lad went on after me too .

Double D or should i say Dennis Dunne must have thought he was running Geoff’s apprentice scheme at one time :wink:

Dennis was a good egg but Geoff had scani’s :sunglasses:

ainacs:
This was on another thread;

stumbled upon this today… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Wasnt anybody around that i could speak to about this belter… so need to do some more investigations about it methinks…

Does anybody think they know what the livery would have been…■■

please enjoy…

Did Geoff have any 141’s?

Looks like one of Tommy Bakers motors

its probably not been mentioned on this thread because nobody gives a double f about double d, this is geoff 's page.

F268 BOC ex Leighton

possibly 3 rd hand , it was bright yellow when it arrived at jones’s

Geoff L:
F269boc needing a good wash after a long week on the road