Leicester's Bygone's

somebody must remember Haul Big…

Beetie:
Didn’t realise squires had had enough, what happened to the t cab?

i think all the motors went to Charnwood Trucks.

hi bugsyb yeh i remember haul big thay had loads of high sided artic tippers with the name down the sides in massive letters. you to see them going up and down the a47 when i was a young lad in the seventys when i was lorry watching at thurnby turn on the 47 . i think thay came from melton mowbray but carnt remember the color possibly dark blue .

wardg:
Apologies for the quality, but these are scans direct from negs, must get the photos reprinted and scanned

Geoff Rhodes Ex Crouchs Scammell @ BP Truckstop Crick

I know Crouch’s are still going, but RW Gent’s Diamond T next to it, not heard them mentioned?

Badger Bros Crusader at their yard, now covered in houses!

Geoff Rhodes Scammell again at his yard, again now a housing estate

John Holman now spends his time playing with Caterpillar Crawlers, but this was back in the day when he ran his Foden/King low loader

A pair of John Wards trucks at Crick

Crowsons still going? Taken at a Truckfest

John Hicks ran out of Husbands Bosworth, can only remember his magnum, but must have had something prior to this? Now shows a restored berliet army truck

Pallets @ Truckfest

Hallmark Tractors, still going, but not as big as the old days

R w gents are still going even though bob died several years ago the diamond t pictured I drove to many shows.

i remember John Hicks,he came to work at Carryfast,North Kilworth…nice chap.Crowson’s are still going,seen one of their trucks recently…on the A47 :astonished:

gunnerheskey:
Murphy bros’. A big firm from Thurmaston leicester, their yard was situated next to walkers crisp old place, Pickerings bodyshop is in there now.

We had one or two blokes who used to work at Murphys come and work at Selbys , terry brown,les tebbutt I think and Geoff palmer worked in the garage there before he went to red lands Mountsorrel and then came to Selbys.

hi peeps… im new to this site, and loving some of the old memories…
Does anybody remember Reg Morris transport in north kilworth, leicestershire?? or have any old pics??
I used to go with an old friend who’s dad drove for them back in the early nineties. think they had a couple of old b series erf, c series, would be great if there is any info or pics about on here… cheers waz. :smiley:

waza04:
Does anybody remember Reg Morris transport in north kilworth, leicestershire?? or have any old pics??
I used to go with an old friend who’s dad drove for them back in the early nineties. think they had a couple of old b series erf, c series, would be great if there is any info or pics about on here… cheers waz. :smiley:

hello waz :slight_smile: i used to work down the road from Reg Morris’ at Carryfast in the '80’s.on occasion we’d borrow a unit from them,i used to drive their Seddon Atkinson with 240 Gardner :smiley: much better than my 180! i remember they had ERF’s,but i have no photo’s.i think their yard is a housing estate now.one driver was Moses,i knew his son Chris.

carryfast-yeti:

waza04:

hello waz :slight_smile: i used to work down the road from Reg Morris’ at Carryfast in the '80’s.on occasion we’d borrow a unit from them,i used to drive their Seddon Atkinson with 240 Gardner :smiley: much better than my 180! i remember they had ERF’s,but i have no photo’s.i think their yard is a housing estate now.one driver was Moses,i knew his son Chris.

cool… i think i remember carryfast. yeah morris’s yard has about four houses on there now… can you remember a chap called gavin?? big bloke with a black beard?? he was also there in the 80’s. he normally drove an old A reg c40 turbo twin steer. well would of been newish back then… :open_mouth:

didn’t know many of their drivers i’m afraid…hopefully someone will post some photo’s of reg’s.

Bardon Hill Quarries Foden

One of Reg Morris’s in their yard

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42588702@N02/5548705924/

Braunstone Haulage, new colour scheme.

Braunstone Haulage

wardg:
One of Reg Morris’s in their yard

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42588702@N02/5548705924/

thanks for that wardg :slight_smile: i’m racking my brains trying to remember the chaps name who drove that :confused:

Anybody remember KTS from Lount■■?

Yes mate, White Renaults, green writing…
Remember Garners Transport from coalville. Used to work with a few of their ex drivers at Widdo’s.

gunnerheskey:
Yes mate, White Renaults, green writing…
Remember Garners Transport from coalville. Used to work with a few of their ex drivers at Widdo’s.

Remember them well ! Used to work for an ex partner of the firm Barry Bishop good bloke just couldn’t get used to his style of working! But I enjoyed the roping and sheeting !

gunnerheskey:
I hope these jog a few memories .
Graham Martins Transport
AML Transport
Blaby Haulage
Transwind Transport
NT Motors Narborough Transport
Hercock and Simpson
Marshall Bros of wigston
Brookes Pies of wigston
Court Bros
Draycotts
Lapworth Removals
Span-Furn,
AM Walkers of cosby
Pickfords Heavy Haulage
Eastern BRS of blaby
Hamblins Haulage (pointers)
Just to name but a few. I’m sure there are a lot more but the old head hurts for now[/

Can I had a couple more,

Blands
Kinders Blaby
Hacketts
Allsops
Wards
Wolsey

Rigid1948:

gunnerheskey:
I hope these jog a few memories .
Graham Martins Transport
AML Transport
Blaby Haulage
Transwind Transport
NT Motors Narborough Transport
Hercock and Simpson
Marshall Bros of wigston
Brookes Pies of wigston
Court Bros
Draycotts
Lapworth Removals
Span-Furn,
AM Walkers of cosby
Pickfords Heavy Haulage
Eastern BRS of blaby
Hamblins Haulage (pointers)
Just to name but a few. I’m sure there are a lot more but the old head hurts for now[/

Can I had a couple more,

Blands
Kinders Blaby
Hacketts
Allsops
Wards
Wolsey

Kinders blaby - wasn’t that something to do with Ma Walker ?
Edward Allsops went into business with Ritchies of melton mowbray !
Remember Wolsey spinners big grey 4 wheel leylands.
And Wards ? is that ward & smith of oadby, or ward bros as in Aylestone transport ?