The same motor I think location unknown

robinswh:

Strange one Wayne can’t imagine what they’d be doing in dockland

coomsey:

robinswh:

Strange one Wayne can’t imagine what they’d be doing in dockland

Just had a rush of blood to me head, we used to run dry stone to some dock near Greenwich sent to Ireland I think. Wonder if that’s their game, sheeted so probably not. I’ve posted on Tarmac n Bonkey’s they may know cheers Paul

Gunner a little bird tells me Hercock ran 3 Foden artics, blowed if I can remember them, don’t suppose you’ve any pics. Cheers Paul

21151535_114734209230154_3147717733648319739_n.jpgPaul hope you don’t mind putting the Beeney photos in here.

No probs Wayne photos are for looking at

One for Gunner, N.M.P, think it is out of a book about the old Great Central Railway,

pete smith:
One for Gunner, N.M.P, think it is out of a book about the old Great Central Railway,

Great pic Pete,
I remember Vics Burgundy Fodens.
His yard was on Western boulevard next to AE piggotts - Frank Berry’s & BRS Roadline on the end.
Was a great place to hang out for a young enthusiast.
Always remember PJ Thory’s queued up up there early mornings. Happy days :laughing:

coomsey:
Gunner a little bird tells me Hercock ran 3 Foden artics, blowed if I can remember them, don’t suppose you’ve any pics. Cheers Paul

Alright Coomsey, sorry for the delay,
I can’t recall Hercocks having any Foden artics, but I maybe wrong, I can just about remember their Mandators, I’ll ask a few mates of mine who used to drive for them

coomsey:

carryfast-yeti:
not a Bygone…but i heard today EE Spencer’s have been taken over…any info. anyone please?

Never knew they run SedAks. Wonder why the change from ERF

I remember the Sedaks, they had a couple of ex Blaby Haulage Sedak units on tippers

gunnerheskey:

coomsey:

Alright Coomsey, sorry for the delay,
I can’t recall Hercocks having any Foden artics, but I maybe wrong, I can just about remember their Mandators, I’ll ask a few mates of mine who used to drive for them

Me neither Gunner but chap on FB says he drove one for them. I never saw one n did similar work as them but as we all know we see motors on here that we never knew companies run, you could go weeks without seeing motors on your own firm so we’ll see. Cheers Paul

Not one for the faint hearted, Wayne tells me 1955. Does anyone know when Fletcher’s packed up.

pd.jpg

26992303_10216199154397782_4534886220316380054_n.jpg
A rum selection. Courtesy of Pete Fowkes /WayneRobinson

FB_IMG_1516781550642.jpg
Pete Fowkes pic

guyi4.jpgr
ONR586Fbsmall.jpg

IMG_0017%20(640x453).jpg
Fletcher’s n Masons courtesy Wayne Robinson

96cd22e80105eb4913a7e27fa97097a3.jpg
Nmp

Might well be a Mountsorrel motor, seem to think they had half a dozen. Used to run out there occasionally by far the best quarry for a quick turnaround. Told them how much you wanted at the weighbridge they gave you a credit card type thing which you put into machine under the hoppers spread it around ,down to pick ticket up n off you go .
Scamm 73s pic
7B796451-61D4-4897-B02E-DD5DD75B20C2.png

coomsey:
Might well be a Mountsorrel motor, seem to think they had half a dozen. Used to run out there occasionally by far the best quarry for a quick turnaround. Told them how much you wanted at the weighbridge they gave you a credit card type thing which you put into machine under the hoppers spread it around ,down to pick ticket up n off you go .
Scamm 73s pic 0

not 100% certain,but i think Pete Summerfield and Arthur Munn drove two of those Fodens.i knew both lads,but they were on 8 leggers in my time in 'sorrel.But there was one of those motors converted to a Wrecker.sadly,i never took a photo of it :frowning:

carryfast-yeti:

coomsey:
Scamm 73s pic 0

not 100% certain,but i think Pete Summerfield and Arthur Munn drove two of those Fodens.i knew both lads,but they were on 8 leggers in my time in 'sorrel.But there was one of those motors converted to a Wrecker.sadly,i never took a photo of it :frowning:

Shame carryfast but most of us on here are guilty of it, if only we’d have known!!! They were a good looking motor I thought but never drove one, I preferred 8whlrs… Mountsorrel was a good quarry to run out of but never really did it Cliffe, Whitwick n Bardon me. Cheers Paul