Alley hoop! Well done sir

excellent! :smiley:
i’ve a feeling Steetley’s may have had a similar Wrecker

FB_IMG_1518366742704.jpg
Scott Brown pic. You alright Scott

3300John:

gunnerheskey:
Some great pictures there “240”.
I can just about remember Ma Walkers in thier smart green livery, just before they changed to orange and brown with the introduction of the F7s and F10s, although i think the F10s were based at a depot in derby on powder tankers.

I think when AM Walkers moved into Derby did the join up with Midland storage some how I had two mates that drove for them Bob Slaney(atki DRA34J)
And Wally had a F88 both on tankwork.
John

my first job was with am walkers at midland storage we then moved to little eaton started on a mk1 atky 150 then got promoted to a f88cant remember all the reg but ended with out i remember little jimmy slaney wally inkmott jeff skellern and longpod the fitter and jock in the office if any of you are still breathing ime mick or superstar as they called me after being on the telly after being hit by another truck on m6 23yrs young then and survived to still be driving trucks at 66yrs

33635675633_ea24997908_b.jpg
33635675633_ea24997908_b.jpgSix wheeler Dodge with welsh plates on it

I’m almost certain Sherwoods got that from the Gowler family from near March/Whittlesey.

I worked for Sherwoods in 1977 temporarily moving fly ash from castle donington power station to a tip. My lorry was a six wheeler like this one but a leyalnd reiver

When I was a kid I used to stay with my auntie who lived in Diseworth,late 40s and 50s. There was a bus firm called Whieldons that ran to Loughborough through Diseworth and I think they had wagons as well.Are they still going? Dark green livery IIRC.

Chris Webb:
When I was a kid I used to stay with my auntie who lived in Diseworth,late 40s and 50s. There was a bus firm called Whieldons that ran to Loughborough through Diseworth and I think they had wagons as well.Are they still going? Dark green livery IIRC.

Yes Chris I seem to remember them running out of Breedon Cloud Hill. Foden 8whlr n Bathgate Reivers two tone green. Not sure if they’re still going.

coomsey:

Chris Webb:

Yes Chris I seem to remember them running out of Breedon Cloud Hill. Foden 8whlr n Bathgate Reivers two tone green. Not sure if they’re still going.

coomsey:

coomsey:

Chris Webb:

Thanks Coomsey,that’s them,and their bus livery was exactly the same.

One of Woods aka Blaby Haulage

New one for me, but then I’m from the rough end of the county. NMP

It belonged to Chris Hiorns, who restored it in preservation. I believe he sold it on to somebody in Ireland. He runs an Atkinson Borderer now. He used to travel to shows with the late John Ward.

classicman:
It belonged to Chris Hiorns, who restored it in preservation. I believe he sold it on to somebody in Ireland. He runs an Atkinson Borderer now. He used to travel to shows with the late John Ward.

Thanks for that. Nice looking motor

i live local-ish to Chris…often see his Borderer at shows,but can’t remember the F88.

I haven’t read all of this thread, but did do a search without success, but has anyone mentioned Econofreight at Markfield?
I worked for them back in the 70s driving first a Foden with an 8LXB, then 2 Atki’s, the 2nd one a promotion because it was the only one in the fleet with power steering, and finally a 3800 Daf.

I enjoyed the challenge of abnormal load work and only left because I had a chance to do continental haulage with Cheverall’s of Luton.

I do remember them was nt their yard behind the flying horse at markfield ?