Leicester's Bygone's

carryfast-yeti:
not a Bygone…but i heard today EE Spencer’s have been taken over…any info. anyone please?

Dout it mate are you referring to the wood and co you see on there trucks? That’s a company they took over years ago!

tango boy:

carryfast-yeti:
not a Bygone…but i heard today EE Spencer’s have been taken over…any info. anyone please?

Dout it mate are you referring to the wood and co you see on there trucks? That’s a company they took over years ago!

no not the Wood thing TB.a new bloke at our place said a new outfit had taken them over,and a couple of long service drivers,shan’t mention their names here,have bailed out.

carryfast-yeti:

Back in the 70s they were all ERF good few motors , do they run many now ?

coomsey:

carryfast-yeti:

don’t know how many motors …but all Scania with a couple of Volvo’s now

carryfast-yeti:

coomsey:

carryfast-yeti:

don’t know how many motors …but all Scania with a couple of Volvo’s now

They have quite a few volvos now I know a few drivers who have left one drives for Dave Harvey, one drives for Nicky Archer and one is driving for us now

Are T Forsell and sons still on the go, knew one of their drivers Ray, he used to come in my local when he was overnight in Bradford, drove a Merc then. Les.

s-l400[1].jpg

There are dozens of Leicester Heavy Haulage pics on M20-ebay this morning. Robert

just thought of another one…Julian Faulds…anyone remember his outfit in Blaby/Whetstone in the late ‘80s? ran a few Magirus 8 wheel tippers.made a good few quid did Julian,and a fortune when he sold his yard! they named a road after him,where his land was…Faulds Lane.he’ll still be about somewhere…duckin’ and diving :laughing:

19059600_300650483692898_8748562917863656950_n.jpg
Old work horse. Not my pic

FB_IMG_1499517117275.jpg

carryfast-yeti:

Never knew they run SedAks. Wonder why the change from ERF

A00213.JPG

lespullan:
Are T Forsell and sons still on the go, knew one of their drivers Ray, he used to come in my local when he was overnight in Bradford, drove a Merc then. Les.

Hello Les, not been on for a while :confused:
Forsell littleton were yarn spinners in wigston Leicester, they were next to Premier Drum, & did a lot of there own transport, but only really ever had about 3 lorries & 1 artic, the Merc iirc was a big 1644 V8.
Forsell’s are long gone now over 10 years, there’s a huge Tesco’s on the site now.

Couldn’t half fancy an hour or two drive in her
Not my pic Pete Daerwent

coomsey:
Not my pic Pete Daerwent

Cracking photo there “coomsey” 1948 Reg DG Series, Regards Larry.

They used to have a few six wheel mixers like this…one of them broke down on coalville roundabout one day.my…hero Daddy came along and dragged it off there with his 1951 Maudesley 8 legger HAY492 this must have been about 1955.

A00143.JPG

Lawrence Dunbar:

coomsey:
Not my pic Pete Daerwent

Cracking photo there “coomsey” 1948 Reg DG Series, Regards Larry.

In theory she should be the same colour has this gal. What engine /box would she have had Larry?