Lance Biscomb Bulk Haulage

Lance Biscomb:
It’s an Albion. does any body know the paint code for the desert sand colour for inside the cab same as Albions

Thanks for the gen Lance it was probably a nice spec for a 14ton gvw motor as the Comet units used the Eaton 2 speed axle IIRC. Sorry about the sand coloured paint can’t help you there ! But I recall the little 1966 Albion 4cyl 4 wheeler we ran in 70/71 was painted a shade of grey in the cab. Cheers Dennis.

Lance Biscomb:
It’s an Albion. does any body know the paint code for the desert sand colour for inside the cab same as Albions

Hi Lance ,
The colour for the Albion Ergo cab was Sandalwood , made by a company called Brolac , and I`m sure it was also used on Leylands , - including the L.A.D. cab . I hope this is of help to you . Good Luck .

Cheers ,
cattle wagon man .

cattle wagon man:

Lance Biscomb:

Hi Lance ,
The colour for the Albion Ergo cab was Sandalwood , made by a company called Brolac , and I`m sure it was also used on Leylands , - including the L.A.D. cab . I hope this is of help to you . Good Luck .

Cheers ,
cattle wagon man .

Bloody hell CWM , Brolac a name from the past, according to Google it is still made in Pakistan!
Lance, Could you ask one of the lads at the Hunter collection, I’m sure they would be bale to point you in the right direction.

Did not have to go to PAKISTAN just to Walton Summit Preston :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Lance Biscomb:
Did not have to go to PAKISTAN just to Walton Summit Preston :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Saved a few quid on postage then Lance!

Looking good there Lance, my old Albion is back in England, arrived over there in June, living just outside Southampton

sayley-boy:
1963 Leyland Hippo that LB purchased from a chap at Bolton it had a luton body on,she had major surgery on the cab, totally stripped the chassis rebuilt and fully resprayed.

Chris Boltons estate Merc in the background (1st pic).

Yes the one he got a GV9 on :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The story so far…

Snapped at Leyland Rally 1991 courtesy of Dave Fawcett.
Oily

pete 359:

Bagot international !!!

11-40 to night Sony Movie Classic 50 THE LONG HAUL :smiley: lots of LEYLANDS :smiley: :smiley:

Just to bring back memories here is my 142 after a lot of work over the last 12 months

■■■■■■■■■■ John sadly passed away this morning age 83 :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lance Biscomb:

It’s always sorry to hear that another one of the “Old School” Drivers has passed away. I never met John but seen him about at shows ---- was he the lad with a Two Speed button on his walking stick ? So what was Johns back story as a driver when drivers had to be more than just the “Steering wheel Jockeys” of today ! Regards Dennis. PS how is Comet rebuild coming on ?

Lance Biscomb:

Good morning m8,
Thanks for telling us,I liked ■■■■■■■■■■■■ lovely man.Our condolences to his family.
Regards Andrew

Very sad news about ■■■■■■■■■■ John

Heres the photograph I took of John giving everyone a practical demonstration at the Mayfield Cafe on how to use an Eaton Two-Speed control on a walking stick - aptly owned by Gerald Walker (Leyland 600`) .

R.I.P. ■■■■■■■■■■ John .

A real star!
RIP ■■■■■■■■■■