Lance Biscomb Bulk Haulage

R.I.P Pauly Bear sadly missed. On your highway to heaven in the Volvo you first drove will be missed by so many, all the best PB its been a pleasure to know you GOD REST YOUR SOUL . :cry:

RIP Pauly bear only just found out that you have gone " up North " for the last time . See ya marra

Big Sam Patterson past away yesterday :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

RIP Big sam

Hi Lance how about a few photos of the lorries you are running now, would be good to see them mate

Ian Mags and Mick want your phone number get in contact with Mick or I,ll get it of Lance Good Luck

Lost one of haulages great LEGENDS today Robert Laidlaw, (Reids of Ayr). Will be sadly missed on the vintage scene. Founder of the Ayrshire road run, in my opinion one of the best in the country.

Another chapter at Lance Biscomb Bulk Haulage L4LBH back on the road BEAST !

1555169145893.jpg

1555169146166.jpg

Hi lance,was you on the m5 passing Weston super mare a while back heading northbound cheers John

Hi m8,
Are those numbers above the drivers door correct? Maybe it’s an SK Merc engine? Never late in a V8…

pete 359:
Hi m8,
Are those numbers above the drivers door correct? Maybe it’s an SK Merc engine? Never late in a V8…

I
Hi mate, it was just wacko jacko being daft

Here is one for you Leyland600, Hodgeturbo, Mr West and even you Denis. Arrived in the yard on Thursday.

Lance Biscomb:
Here is one for you Leyland600, Hodgeturbo, Mr West and even you Denis. Arrived in the yard on Thursday.

Looks tidy considering it’s age Lance, is it your project ? Cheers Dennis.

img911.jpg

Lance Biscomb:

Oh Wow Lance. I think I might have to invite myself down to have a look at that! Mine was 1962. DS 5661 (I did try to sell the number plate to a certain Mr Bewick, but found they’d only transfer car numbers! Not like today when they’ve realised the income stream. Back then England was still (as an American friend described it) The Land Of No!

John.

Bewick:

Lance Biscomb:

Ok, the first one looks like the yard where the old ‘Scotch Buildings’ stood when ‘I were a lad’, nice Riley or similar in the background. But I can’t figure out where the second one is/was?

They did like the four in lines. I vowed never to have one after following them where one wheel would be perched in the air for hundreds of yards after going round a bend. Perhaps ok with low centre of gravity out of the steelworks!

John.

Yes its mine one owner from new 6 speed box will add more pics soon :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Lance Biscomb:
Yes its mine one owner from new 6 speed box will add more pics soon :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thats a rare find Lance, 1 owner ! :wink:

Look forward to seeing more pics.

John West:

Bewick:

Lance Biscomb:

Ok, the first one looks like the yard where the old ‘Scotch Buildings’ stood when ‘I were a lad’, nice Riley or similar in the background. But I can’t figure out where the second one is/was?

They did like the four in lines. I vowed never to have one after following them where one wheel would be perched in the air for hundreds of yards after going round a bend. Perhaps ok with low centre of gravity out of the steelworks!

John.

I know the 4 in line has had a lot of bad publicity over the years but at the height of their “popularity” they were without doubt the ultimate payload carriers at the then max gvw of 24 tons ( A waggon and trailer could operate at 32 tons gvw). As long as the 4 in line was treated with respect it performed well and the tyre wear was phenomenal at 100,000 miles plus. Achievable payload was a comfortable 16ton plus and of course the flexibility of articulation was taking hold in the late 50’s and into the 60’s so that was another major factor in the 4 in lines favour. So units like the Comet and later The Super Comet coupled to a 4 in line became the backbone of the industry for a while ! Bewick.

Lance Biscomb:

Who’s axle has it got Lance ? an Albion H/R maybe ? as it has the 6 speed box. Cheers Dennis.

It’s an Albion. does any body know the paint code for the desert sand colour for inside the cab same as Albions