Just seddon Atkinsons

cueball2011:
Hi I’m new to this page is there anybody out there that can help please I’m after building a seddon Atkinson 2-11 sleeper cab rigid from scratch I’ve got some drawings but I’m after some advice or photos regarding engines chassis and interior shots as there’s nothing on the internet any help would be grateful

Go on model trucks site there’s plenty on there who will help and advise you :smiley:

robthedog:

looks like a day cab converted to a sleeper :question: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: - :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

The roof does seem to be an add on, its got a 8LXB in it though! :smiley:

Frankydobo:
The roof does seem to be an add on, its got a 8LXB in it though! :smiley:

Well spotted Franky, Regards Larry.

youtube.com/watch?v=_ROyjRA-9Iw

I’ve Found this short video on YouTube ,wow what a lovely lorry .

A&L ran quite a few of these.

Punchy Dan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ROyjRA-9Iw

picclick.co.uk/seddon-atkinson- … 90298.html
Someone got himself a bargain.

[zb]
anorak:

Punchy Dan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ROyjRA-9Iw

picclick.co.uk/seddon-atkinson- … 90298.html
Someone got himself a bargain.

Definitely fairly rare the 465 now .

This one says ZF-Transmatic on the grille, was that an early predecessor of the dreaded auto 'boxes they came up with some years later?

ZF transmatic.jpeg

pv83:
This one says ZF-Transmatic on the grille, was that an early predecessor of the dreaded auto 'boxes they came up with some years later?

archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … y-driving-

Seemed a good idea, was it though?

Pete.

Fresh out of the box

293577_179361188800632_3496276_n.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0574.jpg

Cornish, all credit to SCP for the photos.
Oily

windrush:

pv83:

archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … y-driving-

Seemed a good idea, was it though?

Pete.

Interesting, as apart from torque converters being used on the really heavy wagons, I’ve never heard of it being used on general haulage before. I wonder what the extra fuel penalty was vs a normal gearbox? Ta for the link Pete :wink:

A165B8EF-1BA4-4503-9B93-078FD385B355.jpeg
Seen today waiting for diesel on Hilton park service’s,Rolls powered :sunglasses:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lasted well and looking good for 34 years of age Dan. Apparently the stores at Ballidon had lots of 400 series spares still in stock, several windscreens etc, until recent years when John Kirkham (who sadly passed away last week :cry: ) sorted them out. Our last Sed Ak’s were disposed of around 1990 so they would have had a good layer of dust on them! :laughing: AEC Marshall spares, springs, heads, pistons and fuel pumps plus gearbox parts, were still filling the shelves about six years after the last one went, they were all tipped down the quarry face though. :unamused:

Pete.

Halfway right, it’s got the Big A.

ownerdriver.com.au/industry … inson-4870

New 401

FEA6652D-6EA6-41F5-A808-BE2C6C023DFC.jpeg

From Bewdley once upon a time, credit to Andrew Breeden for the photo.