Just seddon Atkinsons

At Smallwood vintage rally on Bank Holiday monday just gone.

Does anyone recall the air pipework fittngs which SA used? IIRC they were called Imperial Eastman fittings. An early equvalent to the modern Voss fittings, the tube nut and a sleeve were pushed over the plastic pipe then a cone with a barb on it was forced up the pipe with a special pair of mole grips which squeezed the sleeve up to the end of the pipe and sealed it all in place.

cav551:
Does anyone recall the air pipework fittngs which SA used? IIRC they were called Imperial Eastman fittings. An early equvalent to the modern Voss fittings, the tube nut and a sleeve were pushed over the plastic pipe then a cone with a barb on it was forced up the pipe with a special pair of mole grips which squeezed the sleeve up to the end of the pipe and sealed it all in place.

Yes I can when I was restoring my 401 a lot of the air pipes were perished and they were a nightmare to remove and replace
Fortunately Mick Thorpe from Earnest Thorpe was a godsend he borrowed and supplied me with new numerous air pipes and lent me the Eastman tool to make new fittings
I think Bedford’s used the same fittings on the TM range

Yes there was a ‘cut out’ in the olive and you had to make sure the pipe was visible in it before using the tool. Fodens used them as well.

Pete.

Punchy Dan:
0the pile on the right is the ones I’ve posted ,I’ve no time to post the other million sorry ,may be another time .thanks for looking .

Any pictures of ETS in there Dan all I have is a coaster of my old motor when I was there?

Registered new in October 1979 this rather battered looking Seddon Atkinson 400 Series 4x2 tractor unit, operated by the long gone Penllyne Haulage of South Glamorgan, looks like it had got a few miles on the clock by the time this picture was taken.
The company closed down in 1993 more in the Commercial Motor Archive

moomooland:
0Registered new in October 1979 this rather battered looking Seddon Atkinson 400 Series 4x2 tractor unit, operated by the long gone Penllyne Haulage of South Glamorgan, looks like it had got a few miles on the clock by the time this picture was taken.
The company closed down in 1993 more in the Commercial Motor Archive

And a wiper arm missing too… you can imagine the DVSA man rubbing his hands in gleeful anticipation, can’t you?

240 Gardner:
And a wiper arm missing too… you can imagine the DVSA man rubbing his hands in gleeful anticipation, can’t you?

On reflection Chris i wonder if it had been relegated to yard shunter when the picture was taken.

tonyg6hbq:

Punchy Dan:
0the pile on the right is the ones I’ve posted ,I’ve no time to post the other million sorry ,may be another time .thanks for looking .

Any pictures of ETS in there Dan all I have is a coaster of my old motor when I was there?

No sorry I’ve not seen any ,but I did load at Eccleshall today though :smiley:

moomooland:

240 Gardner:

On reflection Chris i wonder if it had been relegated to yard shunter when the picture was taken.

Hope so!

Pickfords Distribution Services Seddon Atkinson 400 Series 4x2 tractor unit Reg No HUC 117W was new in July 1981.

4527793572_abf1863e1d_b.jpg

Seddon Atkinson 400 Series Reg No VJP 733S operated by British Steel, new in April 1978, is pictured here loading up at Shotton Works.

A few Seddon Atkinson publicity shots taken when they supplied Goodier & Sons Ltd of Preston with some
new 400 Series eight wheeler tippers back in February 1976.

Goodier.jpgIf i remember rightly we have Chris Gardner to thank for saving these pictures back in the day.

Hi All,
The British Steel 400 brings back memories, We at Ryland Warrington must have supplied approx 20 400,s to the Shotton site, Rolls 265l powered, Bob Day was the salesman who dealt with this account, a smashing chap who i learnt a lot from as a young trainee, we used to paint and letter them and deliver to what was a massive site at Shotton as i remember.

This Seddon Atkinson 301 Series tractor unit Reg No C936 YRJ, new in August 1985, was operated by East Lancashire Paper Mill of Radcliffe,