Jobsworth Drivers

Roy - you are telling us that you inspect every single internal strap, it’s buckle, and it’s fitting, every time you hook up to a new trailer? Pull the other one son it’s got bells on. You might check they are present, but beyond that I have my doubts :unamused:

Conor:

dieseldog999:
+1 hard to believe till you read it. I read some of them out to my non tinterweb mate on the phone,1 he dosent believe me and thinks im making them up,and 2 he either wets himself ,or just confirms how sad a state the haulage industry is In now polluted with bean counters…so sad,but true

Or in other words, people who do the job properly and deserve the label of professional driver unlike you and your mate who just deserve to be called cowboys.

ignorance is bliss…would you rather do 65 instead of 56,work when it suits you,and best of all sleep when It suits etc?..be happy being a bean counter,but don’t confuse that with being a professional driver,theres no such thing,(at least not when your up in court or getting done by vosa) your only professional when it suits them. and if you ran your own company who would you rather employ,someone hands on that just gets on with it and does what needs done,or some jobsworth fanny that abides with the letter of the rulebook. …wheres the no brainer there…be happy counting beans if it suits you,and let the rest of us crack on the way it suits us. you don’t hear me complaining about having to overtake someone doing 56 in the middle of one of their 7 mile dinosaur races,■■..that’s what lane 3 is for when your late for the boat… :wink:

The question is moot, as we don’t use curtainsiders - and I usually have the same unit and trailer every day, so I’m looking for changes rather than checking everything from scratch. But as a general point, yes - I’ll check everything I can on both unit and trailer to ensure (as far as practicable) that both will be adequate for the day’s run. Maybe that’s why we are planned for a full 45 minutes before leaving the yard at the start of the shift.

dieseldog999:

Pimpdaddy:
Tesco drivers are jobsworths:!:

beat this,parked in the Belfast rdc I sat on a break nightshift working for Tesco and lay back in the drivers seat nodding off for a 30 min break about 2 a.m. …10 mins later the t/m calls me on the phone telling me to switch off my engine as someone reported me as i was sitting in the cab with the engine still running.this was in feb,and Baltic.he said I should walk to the canteen and sit in there If I wanted a heat…Tosco…aptly named. prime example of a beancounter.

I used to deliver to a Sainsbury’s in Pelsall, near Walsall. You had to reverse a long way down the side of the store and there was only one bay, so if anyone else was there you just parked up and waited.

One frosty morning I got there to find the store shut, all the staff shivering in the car park and the customers driving off. Naturally I assumed a fire, but it turned out that a driver had taken a 45 parked by the wall with his engine running. The intake for the store’s heating system was just above him and had sucked all his fumes into the store. Took the whole morning to clear.

Santa:

dieseldog999:

Pimpdaddy:
Tesco drivers are jobsworths:!:

beat this,parked in the Belfast rdc I sat on a break nightshift working for Tesco and lay back in the drivers seat nodding off for a 30 min break about 2 a.m. …10 mins later the t/m calls me on the phone telling me to switch off my engine as someone reported me as i was sitting in the cab with the engine still running.this was in feb,and Baltic.he said I should walk to the canteen and sit in there If I wanted a heat…Tosco…aptly named. prime example of a beancounter.

I used to deliver to a Sainsbury’s in Pelsall, near Walsall. You had to reverse a long way down the side of the store and there was only one bay, so if anyone else was there you just parked up and waited.

One frosty morning I got there to find the store shut, all the staff shivering in the car park and the customers driving off. Naturally I assumed a fire, but it turned out that a driver had taken a 45 parked by the wall with his engine running. The intake for the store’s heating system was just above him and had sucked all his fumes into the store. Took the whole morning to clear.

Was he rolling coal?

Why do bin lorry drivers think they can disregard the rules of the road? Maybe because they have all these flashing lights usually switched on whether they are collecting or not.
Last week in my car I went to overtake one when it was parked at the side of the road collecting bins.I was following another car and we were approaching traffic lights that were at red so were were traveling quite slowly.I had already checked my mirror indicated and was passing the truck when the driver decided to move off forcing me out on to the wrong side of the road.Luckily there was no oncoming traffic.
The driver completely ignored the fact I was there and if he did not see me that is even worse.At the time I had the missus with me but I managed to clock his ugly mug when I did get passed him and I will be looking out for him next time. :imp:

albion1971:
Why do bin lorry drivers think they can disregard the rules of the road? Maybe because they have all these flashing lights usually switched on whether they are collecting or not.
Last week in my car I went to overtake one when it was parked at the side of the road collecting bins.I was following another car and we were approaching traffic lights that were at red so were were traveling quite slowly.I had already checked my mirror indicated and was passing the truck when the driver decided to move off forcing me out on to the wrong side of the road.Luckily there was no oncoming traffic.
The driver completely ignored the fact I was there and if he did not see me that is even worse.At the time I had the missus with me but I managed to clock his ugly mug when I did get passed him and I will be looking out for him next time. :imp:

Sounds like poor anticipation on your behalf Albion :laughing:

Yes obviously not driving to the conditions. Failing to anticipate a bin lorry moving off when he’s obviously collecting. Overreacting by swerving to the wrong side of the road, what would have happened if a bus load of children had been coming the other way ? I’ll tell you what… carnage, bodies everywhere.
Slow down Albion before you kill someone with your reckless and dangerous driving. :slight_smile:

BTW, what are you going to do next time you see him, give him a load of rubbish ?

albion1971:

If I ever meet the bin driver involved here, I will shake his hand and buy him a beer. :smiley:

Not being funny Albion but what has a thread about jobsworth drivers got to do with a refuse truck driver forcing you onto the other side of the road when he set off? A dangerous driving thread surely?

Clearly read the thread, as well as the road ahead :unamused:

Clearly not the brightest bunch when you consider the childish replies but I tend you use this forum to get a laugh at how pathetic some of you are.
This forum has gone completely downhill in recent times a bit like driving standards of so many so called professional drivers.
As someone else said recently on here you can tell the ones that will have poor driving standards by the attitude of their replies.

Sad but probably true. :unamused:

peterm:
Yes obviously not driving to the conditions. Failing to anticipate a bin lorry moving off when he’s obviously collecting. Overreacting by swerving to the wrong side of the road, what would have happened if a bus load of children had been coming the other way ? I’ll tell you what… carnage, bodies everywhere.
Slow down Albion before you kill someone with your reckless and dangerous driving. :slight_smile:

BTW, what are you going to do next time you see him, give him a load of rubbish ?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

albion1971:
Clearly not the brightest bunch when you consider the childish replies but I tend you use this forum to get a laugh at how pathetic some of you are.
This forum has gone completely downhill in recent times a bit like driving standards of so many so called professional drivers.
As someone else said recently on here you can tell the ones that will have poor driving standards by the attitude of their replies.

Sad but probably true. :unamused:

Boo Boo lips eh albion1971 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Or, and this is just a thought, that some of the longer term readers of this forum, are well versed in your pontification of poor professional driving standards.

Surely such an “expert”, might consider that overtaking a refuse lorry slowly, while approaching a red light not a genius idea. What was your rush?

Also I fail to see how you were “forced” on the other side of the road, when by your own admission you were overtaking, so you probably there already. Lastly if the lights were red you were hardly in danger on the other side of the road anyway :laughing:

So yes several people have taken a bit of glee at your rant old chum. Especially at how pointless it was :unamused: feel free to insinuate how unprofessional I am, I’ve got broad shoulders babe :sunglasses:

F-reds:
Or, and this is just a thought, that some of the longer term readers of this forum, are well versed in your pontification of poor professional driving standards.

Surely such an “expert”, might consider that overtaking a refuse lorry slowly, while approaching a red light not a genius idea. What was your rush?

Also I fail to see how you were “forced” on the other side of the road, when by your own admission you were overtaking, so you probably there already. Lastly if the lights were red you were hardly in danger on the other side of the road anyway :laughing:

So yes several people have taken a bit of glee at your rant old chum. Especially at how pointless it was :unamused: feel free to insinuate how unprofessional I am, I’ve got broad shoulders babe :sunglasses:

Oh dear you really are a bit of a clown I think.
Let me try to explain in plain english so you can comprehend the situation.

I WAS going slowly,app 10mph.Where did I say I was in a rush?

Regarding the overtaking.I was not on the other side of the road already.The road was wider than that.
I was doing everything correctly and the JOBSWORTH lorry driver moved off with no indication or warning and forced me out on to the wrong side of the road.My other option was to let him hit my car.He was an ignorant bar steward and god help him if I see him again.

To be honest I don’t care if you or anyone else reads my posts as I have little respect for the clowns on this forum and they outnumber the the few that talk sense.
Same on the road the clowns outnumber the few professionals.

albion1971:
To be honest I don’t care if you or anyone else reads my posts as I have little respect for the clowns on this forum and they outnumber the the few that talk sense.
Same on the road the clowns outnumber the few professionals.

Says it all. Must be lonely at the top. :wink:

albion1971:
Maybe he thought you might have seen the lights and taken notice of them.

Maybe he did see you and didn’t want to be blocked off by some inconsiderate muppet that wanted to be first at the red light.
Why look out for him next time ? he was right there waiting for you. Did you want to show your professionalism by giving him a smack, or is it just that talk’s cheap.
As you’ve intimated so many times on this forum, it takes two to tango.

I might be wrong here, you might have to educate me, but I thought that the definition of a jobsworth was someone who insists on everyone doing everything exactly by the book and if asked to do something he/she doesn’t like then turns round and says "Ooh no, that’s more than my job’s worth.

Quite happy to be thought of as a clown. They might even give me my own little car! Better that than a pious pontificater. I was merely trying to point out you could of done things differently. But in your often coined phrase, “Oh dear” :unamused:

As for God help him if you see him again - I doubt it, you seem firmly in the Keyboard Warrior camp.

Yours
Fredo (trainee clown)

albion1971:
This forum has gone completely downhill in recent times

Does that mean you’ll be leaving us then? Please say yes. I’m also happy to chuck in a few quid if you want money to leave and I’m sure plenty of other members will too. Just say what you want to leave and we’ll make it happen for you.