Jobsworth Drivers

F-reds:
Quite happy to be thought of as a clown. They might even give me my own little car! Better that than a pious pontificater. I was merely trying to point out you could of done things differently. But in your often coined phrase, “Oh dear” :unamused:

As for God help him if you see him again - I doubt it, you seem firmly in the Keyboard Warrior camp.

Yours
Fredo (trainee clown)

Merely trying to point out how you could have done things differently■■? WHERE WAS THAT THEN■■? It seems to me you make things up in your own mind to suit you own agenda. :unamused:

Left hand down!:

albion1971:
This forum has gone completely downhill in recent times

Does that mean you’ll be leaving us then? Please say yes. I’m also happy to chuck in a few quid if you want money to leave and I’m sure plenty of other members will too. Just say what you want to leave and we’ll make it happen for you.

You like others do not like my posts because you know I speak the truth.The truth hurts I am afraid.

albion1971:
This forum has gone completely downhill in recent times a bit like driving standards of so many so called professional drivers.
As someone else said recently on here you can tell the ones that will have poor driving standards by the attitude of their replies.

Well Albion, for someone who like to lecture others on ‘poor driving standards’, you’ve hardly excelled in dealing with the bin wagon. Of course it moved off after being stopped, that’s what they do. Had you been watching what the loaders at the back were doing you would have anticipated that.

Poor driving on your standards on your part, I have to say… :smiley:

Truth, is all about perspective. And as yet another person highlights the fact that YOU did not anticipate a changeable hazard, you will doubtless still point the finger of blame.

Let me put it in absolute terms for you. As the lights the other side of the bin wagon were red, you weren’t gaining more than a lorry length. You could quite easily have waited, and avoided your brush with death from the JUGGERNAUT OF DOOM!

albion1971:

Left hand down!:

albion1971:
This forum has gone completely downhill in recent times

Does that mean you’ll be leaving us then? Please say yes. I’m also happy to chuck in a few quid if you want money to leave and I’m sure plenty of other members will too. Just say what you want to leave and we’ll make it happen for you.

You like others do not like my posts because you know I speak the truth.The truth hurts I am afraid.

Actually, no. Some of us don’t like your posts because you come across as a po-faced self-righteous twonk with an over-inflated sense of his own importance.

Your overweening disdain of lorry drivers is almost palpable. Poe’s Law (google it) was written for you.

binnies work on a jobbing finish,binnies work flatout frantic to get the run done,the only aspect of a binnie bein a jobsworth is when they can think of the slightest reason to have an excuse for not to lift your bin,or to lift anything that they are supposed to lift,1 the lid is more than 1 cm open,2 theres a cotton bud in your recycling bin so we cant lift it as itl contaminate the entire truckload of recycling,3 its snowing or bad weather so we cant climb the hill to do the entire scheme your in,or 4 anything they can think of to radio in and cop off as every unhelpfull excuse means another unemptied bin so that they can escape earlier than usual as in all those respects they are the laziest shower of jobsworth cretins known to mankind,with the same attitude that has ended the british car industry,(not my job mate).sooooooooooooooooooo…the driver couldn’t have been a jobsworth,he was flat out to get finished,no doubt he was a contender of the ( wally hooligan rides again -out of my way,im in a bin truck so I don’t care if I rip the side out of your car award)…but def not a jobsworth in that context…I do remember reading that in Coventry they issued the binnies with a rule so they could reject bins that had the lid up a bit…I worked on the bins for a Cpl years through agency and It was always amusing to spend a shift with 4 ■■■■■■ Belfast binnies. :laughing:

F-reds:
Truth, is all about perspective. And as yet another person highlights the fact that YOU did not anticipate a changeable hazard, you will doubtless still point the finger of blame.

Let me put it in absolute terms for you. As the lights the other side of the bin wagon were red, you weren’t gaining more than a lorry length. You could quite easily have waited, and avoided your brush with death from the JUGGERNAUT OF DOOM!

It amazes me how you all seem to know exactly what happened even although you were not there.Let me explain more.(although I thought I had already explained)
The bin lorry was stationary and there were men at the back of it when I started to pass it.
I was half way past it when the driver just pulled straight out.If the situation was as you said yes I would have waited.
Now you believe what you want but that driver was bang out of order.

I am off to Australia next week for at least 6 months and I have been promised a drive in one of their road trains by a good friend who has worked there for several years.
Lets hope the drivers over there have some manners eh. :smiley:

albion1971:

F-reds:

It amazes me how you all seem to know exactly what happened even although you were not there.Let me explain more.(although I thought I had already explained)
The bin lorry was stationary and there were men at the back of it when I started to pass it.
I was half way past it when the driver just pulled straight out.If the situation was as you said yes I would have waited.

I am off to Australia next week for at least 6 months and I have been promised a drive in one of their road trains by a good friend who has worked there for several years.

If it’s one of them that they drive in the outback then I doubt you’ll see many drivers to be honest.

Manners?..you’ve just derailed someone elses thread…and then you have the gaul to critisize someone for lack of manners.

albion1971:

F-reds:

Let’s hope that there’s no internet in that part of Australia too. Please.

If, when you come to Oz, you go to the sort of areas where road trains operate and behave in real life like you do on the keyboard, you might find yourself having a long walk… if you can still walk. I s’pose you’ll be back on here telling us how you had to show the daft Aussies how to reverse a road train and use a road ranger and a ring feeder, not to mention how to get three trailers through heat, mud and up and down rough terrrain without without destroying the rig.

All this from someone that can’t even get past a bin lorry without a load of drama. Oh wot a larf :laughing:

peterm:
If, when you come to Oz, you go to the sort of areas where road trains operate and behave in real life like you do on the keyboard, you might find yourself having a long walk… if you can still walk. I s’pose you’ll be back on here telling us how you had to show the daft Aussies how to reverse a road train and use a road ranger and a ring feeder, not to mention how to get three trailers through heat, mud and up and down rough terrrain without without destroying the rig.

All this from someone that can’t even get past a bin lorry without a load of drama. Oh wot a larf :laughing:

:laughing:

peterm:

peterm as with the bin lorry situation you have me all wrong.I am not going to OZ to tell anyone what to do.My wife and I are merely going on holiday to get away from the winter weather and at some point I will get a go of my mates truck.
I get on great with most people and have a big circle of friends.My big problem is I despise bad driving and ignorant people.
Now if you and a few others disagree about that that is your prerogative but please do not assume you know all about me because of a internet forum because you certainly do not.

albion1971:
I get on great with most people and have a big circle of friends.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Left hand down!:

albion1971:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

left hand down I am talking about real people not internet geeks.

albion1971:

Left hand down!:

albion1971:

left hand down I am talking about real people not internet geeks.

The answer is still the same.

Left hand down!:

albion1971:

Can I be your fwend :wink:

Many companies seem to have them. I delivered to a shop and the manager was relieved to see an agency driver because we were quite willing to give her a hand pushing heavy cages inside. The core drivers refused in the grounds that they are not insured to handle them once they are off the tail lift :unamused:

One of these core drivers reported my mate for having a satnav in the windscreen and he got dragged in for an explanation. It was a mobile phone but he did carry a satnav in his bag which he was told to put in his car. He refused on the grounds that he works for different clients and he is not going to be told what he can and cannot carry for any particular one.

More and more companies are against drivers changing bulbs and fuses and a lot of drivers are quite happy to call out a repair for a blown bulb. I personally refuse to call out someone for a stupid repair like that and I openly tell the clients that they can poke that rule and I will fix a bulb out on the road if it happens. Bulbs blow at any time and its the driver who faces a fine for it and I am not willing to pay that fine because of their company policy. I do know some drivers are like me and some refuse to touch anything like that

peterm:

Left hand down!:

albion1971:

Can I be your fwend :wink:

Why do some adults insist on acting like children? I can get a better discussion from my 14 year old grandson! :unamused:

scanny77:
Many companies seem to have them. I delivered to a shop and the manager was relieved to see an agency driver because we were quite willing to give her a hand pushing heavy cages inside. The core drivers refused in the grounds that they are not insured to handle them once they are off the tail lift :unamused:

One of these core drivers reported my mate for having a satnav in the windscreen and he got dragged in for an explanation. It was a mobile phone but he did carry a satnav in his bag which he was told to put in his car. He refused on the grounds that he works for different clients and he is not going to be told what he can and cannot carry for any particular one.

More and more companies are against drivers changing bulbs and fuses and a lot of drivers are quite happy to call out a repair for a blown bulb. I personally refuse to call out someone for a stupid repair like that and I openly tell the clients that they can poke that rule and I will fix a bulb out on the road if it happens. Bulbs blow at any time and its the driver who faces a fine for it and I am not willing to pay that fine because of their company policy. I do know some drivers are like me and some refuse to touch anything like that

I don’t mind calling a fitter. I get to put my feet and wait whilst still getting paid.