hanbury davis

they were advertising in the local rag this week for drivers on the culina contract out of stafford. anyone know what the pay and conditions are like.there also after drivers for milton kenes as well.

anyone intrested ring Jeffrey Smith on 07921 052931 for Stafford

The Milton Keynes pay used to equate to about £115 a day, but for that you would do your maximum hours.

Also, when tipping at Sainsbury’s, if Pallets are mixed, you were responsible for splitting them down into indiviual items on seperate pallets.

For a long time in Milton Keynes, it was THE job to have. Not so sure now HD have taken it over though.

I hope you speak polish, there were two of them having there trucks washed at Rownham, as they were having a good stare at my wagon i started talking to them, well i tried how do they get a job if they can’t speak English, how can they answer questions when they go for an interview and if they cant speak it can they read it.

BuzzardBoy:
Also, when tipping at Sainsbury’s, if Pallets are mixed, you were responsible for splitting them down into indiviual items on seperate pallets.

There’s a way around that. You tell em your back is knackered and you can’t do any lifting. If they give you flannel about not getting tipped, ask to see the manager. If it gets that far, report that you told them you’re incapable of doing it because of injury and if they insisted, you would do it but would be putting an entry in their accident book.

And they know what follows that…

Usually works.

I used to love splitting pallets down.
I used to take 26 pallets into an rdc and they used to break down 50 odd plts.
I was a lot fitter then than i am now after being on containers for 2 yrs.