Iveco gearbox

Hi all, Every day on my round by the time I get to Blackheath ish I get a warning lamp up (amber triangle) and a picture of a cog on the lcd screen. But never a diagnostic code as far as I am aware. I spoke to one of the fitters and was told yeah its an Iveco the gearboxes are crap. Today I was sat at lights when thy changed there was a small fairly quiet bang but the truck lurched forward like I had been hit in the rear (I wasn’t there was nothing behind me) However the truck would hardly move at all and I had red flashing lights on the dash. turned the engine off and restarted and all was fine. Noticed a code this time. etc 239 2A

Is this still just a quirk of Iveco gearboxes?

coop

I’m certainly no expert on Ivecos (or many things come to think of it) but perhaps the warning light is warning of a clutch overheat? If so that would explain the bang you felt as it engaged a gear.

Top tip in an auto; whenever stationary for more than a few seconds simply knock it into neutral, believe me your gearbox will thank you.

You wouldn’t sit for a while in your own car riding the clutch, so don’t do it in the lorry.

Our little iveco 7.5t has had that light on since 2014 when we got it.
It actually had a new gearbox, well the Motronic unit as the original one killed itself… light was still on even after that.
I actually get more worried when it goes out.