Iveco fault code (ecm 99)

Hi all 11 plate stralis with ecm 99 on the dash does anybody have a list of possible causes as weve tried a fir bit to get rid of it she just doesnt have the power like she should

Thanks in advance

Possible low turbo pressure ?

Do you know what would cause this as weve checked the turno and its all good?

Yes, low turbo pressure.

You need to establish if the air pressure is actually low or if it’s the sensor. I’m not sure whether performance being down means it is low pressure or if performance is being restricted by the ECU due to the sensor data.

If you’ve got another Stralis best thing to do would be swap the sensors out and see what happens.

Ok is that the green one on the top?

No lights on the dash all the time but always down on power so i cant think its the ecu doing it but ill give that sensor a go and see what happens

There’s quite a few things it could be from experience we changed a turbo along with the sensor with the green wire on top of the turbo , and all was good for a week then lights back on ,we spent a day looking for a broken wire on advice of Iveco going to a solenoid on the chassis , then we changed the little air filter on the drivers side (vgt) . Then we followed the pipe from the vgt filter around to the front of the engine and Changed another sensor block , this one looked like new and turned out to be the problem, if you have a friendly breaker near you I’d go and fill the van and start fitting 1 at a time to see how you get on , they aren’t a bad lorry just the way there wired one fault code seems to cover a few areas

Okay thanks what sensor did it turn out to be for you in the end?

Thanks

Hi there if you follow the air pipes from the vgt filter on the drivers side around to the front of the engine it will come to a square alloy block , this was our problem ,and if you have changed the vgt filter recently I would try it next , is the lorry hard to start or any other symptoms ,?

VGT mechanism is driven by a proportional solenoid, located on the thermostat body. It is possible to remove and take apart and then clean with brake spray and soft cloth.

Turned out to be the turbo in the end it all span freely and appeared to be ok but took it to hardings and they plugged in and ran a turbo test and that was the problem