2008 Iveco 75e16 automatic

Hi all.looking for some advice.just been to look at an 2008 Iveco 75e16 automatic zf box.the driver parked it up yesterday and all was ok.Came to start it this morning and it wouldn’t crank over.On the dash it flashes up some pics of gears and has the word NO where it would usually have D.N.R depending on gear selection.all the lights come on and it does self test but turn key to start and nothing happens.Plugged it in to diagnostics and it gave about 8 different faults.relating to gearbox and they would not clear.Any ideas appreciated.

Turn ignition on and press and hold N…That may help.

Is the cog icon in Orange on the left, or red on the right?

NO can mean no air, comes up on mine sometimes when it’s been sat a while, but can also mean it’s ■■■■■■■ as I had the same come up when the gearbox when kaput a few weeks back.

The cog icon is on the right of the NO.But not 100 percent on colour I think it’s orange but can have another look on Monday.

This is what my dash looked like a few weeks back after I lost drive. I could still start the truck though.
Ever since we’ve got it, Ive had that same cog symbol and !, but on the left hand side and an orange ! instead of red which it is in that pic.

Has it been left in D and the air dropped? I seem to remember some early DAFs with AS-Tronic gearboxes didn’t like that to happen and would refuse to turn over if it did.

Best way to fix any Iveco is a gallon of petrol and a Swan Vesta

What a waste of petrol.

Think I’d be disconnecting the battery and see if that clears fault. We had an ect blocked one lane at golden fleece fuel pumps had to call out erf/man and they couldn’t find a fault so just took off battery lead for a couple of minutes then it seemed to clear fault. Worth a try

^^^ That’s what I’d do. A ctrl-alt-del for modern trucks.

Just had another look at truck.it has red and Amber warnings on dash and cogs flashing up.does anyone know what sensors on gearbox would isolate ignition.its a zf box.also does anyone know if there is an aux port to charge air system to get it recovers.with regards to it been in neutral.i did ask the question and was assured it was but also diagnostics said it was because like one of your replys I’ve had a Daf cf that had been left in d and lost all air.Thanks for all your help upto now.

There is a ■■■■■■ on the air cylinder on the passenger side just behind the cab. It has a dust cover on it. That’s where my recovery guy connected an air line to when I got dragged home.

As has been said screw on test point somewhere round air drier or tanks with black(or might have been painted chassis colour) rubber cap.

I’m guessing air is too low for the park brake to release. Could check if in gear by chocking and either jacking and seeing if anything turns after winding off the chambers. Unless you’ve got either a big prybar, forklift or manpower to give it a shove.