It's Christmas

slowlane:
Like all trampers, due to our love of sleeping in a tin box, we’re at serious risk of shellshock around Christmas if there is too much time off. Luckily, my firm has our health and safety in mind, and come the 24th, will be locking all us trampers in our cabs for three days. I’ve heard that this year they’ve really pushed the boat out and hired a few extra agency guys to keep driving past us at high speed in the yard, and ■■■■ all over the area we’re parked up in, just so we feel at home you know? There are rumours that they’ve even hired a “Diesel Fairy” (very Christmas-ey!) who will drain one of our tanks, and whoever it is gets a prize of a meal voucher for the local fish and chip shop.

Now heres a man with the idea of the true Christmas spirit (i think) :grimacing:
me? Im bag humbag i ■■■■■■ hate xmas…

red7jase:
Anyway it’s not Christmas yet…i haven’t seen a marshalls pulling a stobart trailer yet :smiley:

And you wont this year

Finished up on the 15 dec 1 weeks holidays, back on the 2 jan and the rest of the holidays is on the company, and thats every year, result

Rrsult

commonrail:
Rrsult

?

3 guesses

Redundant, on the 29th.

Regards
Pat

If you haven’t got kids you will be lucky to get any time off unless you book your holidays in January

I left it too long and this year the kids are working over Christmas and new year [emoji22]

Adonis.:

Butcher:

discoman:
Sorry, but why should you expect time off, book leave if you want it off if not work … this we should get time off for Christmas is stupid … bar the PH, it’s just normal working days … oh, I’m working both Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day the latter 2 is overtime.

Read the post titled how healthy do you think you are!

However, many others are working over Christmas, and I respect the fact that you are too. But your reply seems to suggest that people shouldn’t take time off at Christmas.

No it doesn’t, it suggests that if people desperately want time off over Christmas they should book it off.

Unless your work isn’t open or operational over Christmas why should it automatically be a day off?

A.

It’s a legal Bank Holiday. All civilians have the right to a day off with pay and no employer can force them to work. (emergency services excepted). Take the three days off and if your employer retaliates soo him. If he sacks you soo the prick again. Thats what the URTU told me and it works. " But it’s is my contract to work bank holidays"…WRONG…You can not sign away your legal rights. The Bank Holidays are Yours and they can not be taken away from you.

Adonis.:

Butcher:

discoman:
Sorry, but why should you expect time off, book leave if you want it off if not work … this we should get time off for Christmas is stupid … bar the PH, it’s just normal working days … oh, I’m working both Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day the latter 2 is overtime.

However, many others are working over Christmas, and I respect the fact that you are too. But your reply seems to suggest that people shouldn’t take time off at Christmas.

No it doesn’t, it suggests that if people desperately want time off over Christmas they should book it off.

Unless your work isn’t open or operational over Christmas why should it automatically be a day off?

A.

BECAUSE IT’S A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY

I finish tomorrow (thurs) but I’m a Sunday-Thursday tin box lover, but back on the 2nd Jan.
Yes really, for 3 days. Lol

Christmas Eve for me.

Holiday for Christmas Day RDO for next three days then holiday on 29th. I only really care about christmas so back in on the 30th for 4 days.

It’s sad that you have people waiting all year to earn a proper weeks wages for one week of the year
I get double time or whatever very very sad people

onesock:
It’s a legal Bank Holiday. All civilians have the right to a day off with pay and no employer can force them to work. (emergency services excepted). Take the three days off and if your employer retaliates soo him. If he sacks you soo the prick again. Thats what the URTU told me and it works. " But it’s is my contract to work bank holidays"…WRONG…You can not sign away your legal rights. The Bank Holidays are Yours and they can not be taken away from you.

That is an astounding amount of pish right there.

There’s no legal right to a bank holiday and yes, you can sign a contract saying you’ll work bank holidays.

:unamused:

A.

onesock:
BECAUSE IT’S A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY

Did you really hammer that reply out and yell as you did it?

You seem very angry.

A.

Adonis.:

onesock:

That is an astounding amount of pish right there.

There’s no legal right to a bank holiday and yes, you can sign a contract saying you’ll work bank holidays.

:unamused:

A.

+1.

Im amazed at how many people get it wrong.

onesock:

Adonis.:

Butcher:

discoman:

A.

gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights

I could finish today - if you would all promise to stop eatimg until the 2nd of January. I’d love a week off .

Finally got back to the yard at dinner.
Gave the old girl,a near mot spec wash…so she’s all sparkly,when I resume on the 4th.