To those that are working over Christmas

I’m working Xmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day (shifts have fallen like this).
So to any others working over the Christmas period. Have a good one and I wish you well and hope your back with your love ones soon.

Casper68:
I’m working Xmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day…

Ouch.

Contraflow:

Casper68:
I’m working Xmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day…

Ouch.

:open_mouth: double ouch , i’m off from mid chrimbo eve till the 5th :grimacing:

i called in sick. ■■■■ em.

Casper68:
I’m working Xmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day (shifts have fallen like this).
So to any others working over the Christmas period. Have a good one and I wish you well and hope your back with your love ones soon.

Best of luck with that. As contra says, ouch.

Is it likely that they will be easy days at least? Or just treated as normal?

qwakers:
i called in sick. [zb] em.

Great advice lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Make sure you take plenty turkey sarnies with ya :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

qwakers:
i called in sick. [zb] em.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Some lads at my place are out now till Friday possibly sat for 800 quid per shift fri/sat.
I wouldn’t give up Christmas Eve day and chance of Boxing Day for that personally :laughing: especially bring out all week to, to each the own but I knew a lad that got a grand for Christmas Day 10 years ago and he woke up in his own bed and was back for dinner.
Stay safe if you’re out there *hic

Casper68:

You on milk collections or summat similar. Where else is gonna take collections/deliveries Christmas Day?

Matt.

I go Home on 24th at 22.00

And to think i complained at just xmas and new years days off but working the rest.

xfmatt:

Casper68:

You on milk collections or summat similar. Where else is gonna take collections/deliveries Christmas Day?

Matt.

News papers print Xmas day so take paper

chester1:

xfmatt:

Casper68:

Matt.

News papers print Xmas day so take paper

■■■■■■■ hell cant they take a day off and let people have a day with family ffs.

Matt.

Despite having no drivers working on my shifts Xmas Day and Boxing day, it has been decided that the office needs to be manned!

So, I shall be loading the Xbox into the car for when I have finished watching tv using the companies WiFi…

Immigrant:
I go Home on 24th at 22.00

Good. Don’t come back.

I’m off from mid-day tomorrow until the 4th January, but all of the milk tanker drivers will be working as usual. To be honest, I wouldn’t be remotely bothered if I was working Christmas Day etc, I take days off when they suit me, not the Church. :stuck_out_tongue:

Finish tomorrow and back on the 4th of Jan…happy days [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

One problem I can forsee working Christmas Day and NYD is the lack of facilities. Not sure if ordinary petrol stations are open, but I know a lot of motorway service stations shut for both of those and presumably truck stops would too. Nice quiet roads however - it’s boxing day and the day after new years that would seriously worry me.

trevHCS:
One problem I can forsee working Christmas Day and NYD is the lack of facilities. Not sure if ordinary petrol stations are open, but I know a lot of motorway service stations shut for both of those and presumably truck stops would too. Nice quiet roads however - it’s boxing day and the day after new years that would seriously worry me.

Seriously worry you? :laughing:

Take a [zb]ing pack up FFS.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

What is this, amateur hour?