Who's working over Christmas?

I used to volunteer for it on my last driving job, 11 years ago now, cos it paid treble time.

I can remember it being quite lonely over Christmas night, on the A1.

But in some situations, someone has to do it. Is it you this year?

Tone

Its not me Tone but I’ve been away over Xmas & New Year before now :neutral_face:

In Christmas day and Boxing day then monday and tuesday nights! :cry: :cry:

Came down overnight with a load of carrots for Holbeach,reloaded at Wisbech.Run up the road tonight,get home tomorrow afternoon.Hopefully that’s me till Thursday then.

bullitt:
In Christmas day and Boxing day then monday and tuesday nights! :cry: :cry:

Bah Humbug :laughing: I hope the pay packets good. Fair play bullitt the country would grind to a halt without the likes of you.

Fly sheet

Highlander:
Came down overnight with a load of carrots for Holbeach,reloaded at Wisbech.Run up the road tonight,get home tomorrow afternoon.Hopefully that’s me till Thursday then.

Safe travels Highlander, enjoy the empty roads too.

An old Dutch bloke said to me once “If you havn’t made enough money by Christmas, what’s the point of doing any more?” I agreed with him then and I agree with him now. Re booking is just a keystroke away. Let em wait till Wednesday.

AlexWignall:
An old Dutch bloke said to me once “If you havn’t made enough money by Christmas, what’s the point of doing any more?” I agreed with him then and I agree with him now. Re booking is just a keystroke away. Let em wait till Wednesday.

agreed, but let them wait till jan 4th. i never work between xmas and new year i spend enough time away from my family but not at christmas.

I have worked many christmas & new year in fact used to volunteer to work in my last job

But now due to ill health I have been advised not to drive ( only people up the wall :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: )

Too right mate.

Ive been off since last thursday, go back tuesday, 12 days off :slight_smile:

£830 for a 37 hour week so yes, I’m working it :smiley:

I’ll be manning a breakdown line from Sunday tea time for a 12 hour shift. Nothing personal, but I hope I don’t speak to any of you.
I’m just jealous 'm not tucked up at home as well :cry:

I will be on shift christmas night and boxing night and hope i will be doing nothing dont want any rtc’s

had thurs/xmas eve/xmas day off,back boxing day so cant complain,i think girlfreind and daughter will probally had enough of me by then anyway :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Finished at 1 this afternoon, back in at 6am on New Years eve. :wink:

im in bank holiday monday tuesday doing asda store deliveries got asked to also work boxing day on chep pallets on a flat trl said no as it takes me for ever to get the straps over with my bad shoulder also working the bank holiday sunday and monday after new year

im working right the way through till the 28th .was in leeds this morning, with a generator for collection, back to four ashes, reloaded for stoke, with another generator for a network rail job tonight

tommorrow and monday down to horse guards avaenue in london with stuff for the new year celebrations, then back to the yard monday evening park the wagon and no work till the 11th of jan and its all double time aswell :slight_smile:

fly sheet:

Highlander:

Safe travels Highlander, enjoy the empty roads too.

Thanks for that.Things didn’t go to plan,though.Had a good run up the road to Livingston,but couldnt get the trailer I was due to get at Livingston as it was in a locked yard which was allegedly supposed to be open :confused: Shunted a trailer from Bellshill to Livi then back to Bellshill to get an empty trailer to go to Inverness.Now overnight at Perth :unamused: :unamused: Back down to Central Belt tomorrow,o/n in Bellshill then a Morrisons run on Monday morning.Should be finished then.

went out and did two gritting runs ,started at 3pm and got home around 9 pm so not two bad
had a few people wave for a change :laughing: