Is this ok?

Hi

So I started a new job yesterday and first time I have been out for over 12 hours.

My working time started at 430am. Had 15 mins at 945-10am. I then had 30 mins at 1220-1250pm.

I then had 15 mins at 455pm to 510pm.

I finished work at 630pm.

Was this ok?

Those breaks are fine for the WTD, so assuming your driving breaks were OK it’s all good.

billythewhizz:
Hi

So I started a new job yesterday and first time I have been out for over 12 hours.

My working time started at 430am. Had 15 mins at 945-10am. I then had 30 mins at 1220-1250pm.

I then had 15 mins at 455pm to 510pm.

I finished work at 630pm.

Was this ok?

Depends on the nature of your working day. If your job entails rather a lot of “other work” with not a huge amount of driving, then you were OK from a Working Time Directive point of view (you’ve not worked longer than 6 hours without a break, and your total breaks for the whole shift are more than 45 minutes). Would need to see your actual driving/working times to comment as regards Drivers’ Hours.

My driving hours was reset with the 30 minute break and i made it back to the yard before the next 4 1/2 hours was up.

I was worried that I needed a break before 430pm as I had started 12 hours earlier but I see from the previous reply that the 6 hour rule would have meant I could have left it till 635pm - as my last break ended at 1250pm. Is that right?

If so, I am starting to grasp the wtd.

billythewhizz:
My driving hours was reset with the 30 minute break and i made it back to the yard before the next 4 1/2 hours was up.

I was worried that I needed a break before 430pm as I had started 12 hours earlier but I see from the previous reply that the 6 hour rule would have meant I could have left it till 635pm - as my last break ended at 1250pm. Is that right?

If last break ended at 1250 then next 6 hour break will need to be started no later than 1850

ROG:

billythewhizz:

If last break ended at 1250 then next 6 hour break will need to be started no later than 1850

Ah i see. So i can work the full 6 hours before taking the break. Thats even easier to work out. Thanks ROG.

Yes, you can do a maximum of six hours work between breaks. And time on POA, or any break time that isn’t long enough to count as a break, isn’t working time so “stops the clock”.