Are These breaks ok?

Hi guys/laddies I normly working either 10-12 hrs per day mon-fri some days ive not done 4.5 hrs drive by 9 hrs of working time and other work.
Ive been starting work at 7 am and take a 32 min break at 10am then plod on til before 4 pm and take another 32min break resetting my driving time for second period of 4.5hrs if needed.
some days i aint told what im doing hence i split my breaks that far appart and i always take my second break before my 4.5 hrs drive time is up.

Are these breaks covering me for working time directive ok?

v69ner:
Hi guys/laddies I normly working either 10-12 hrs per day mon-fri some days ive not done 4.5 hrs drive by 9 hrs of working time and other work.
Ive been starting work at 7 am and take a 32 min break at 10am then plod on til before 4 pm and take another 32min break resetting my driving time for second period of 4.5hrs if needed.
some days i aint told what im doing hence i split my breaks that far appart and i always take my second break before my 4.5 hrs drive time is up.

Are these breaks covering me for working time directive ok?

You are legal for the WTD as far as daily breaks go.

A total of at least 30 minutes of break for a shift with between 6 and 9 hours work? Check, so you are okay for the days you don’t reach 9 hours work.

A total of at least 45 minutes of break for a shift with more than 9 hours work? Check, so you are okay for the days you do more than 9 hours work.

No more than 6 hours work without at least a 15 minute break? Check, your breaks are at roughly 3 hours and 5.5 hours work.

It seems you are doing 5 days with between 9 and 11 hours of work, 45 -55 hours per week, so some weeks you might go over the 48 hour average but other weeks should bring that back down. That would be the only thing you would need to keep an eye on.

Uncle Poa keeps me right :smiley:
Thank you Coffeeholic :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :sunglasses: