In memoriam - Archie Paice

R.I.P Archie.I never met him but enjoyed reading his post on TN.My condolances to his family.

Never met him but spoke a few times on Trucknet, put him in touch with a couple of lads he used to run Greece with always had something worth listening to R.I.P. Archie

Sad news indeed RIP old fella .

Never know him other than through his post’s on TNUK.

Rest in Peace.

I have known Archie for 45 year’s he has been a good friend and taught me a lot when I first started
driving he was a legend in his own right and I am so sad he has died we was gonna have a meet up
in the summer but alas that wont happen now Archie has left his mark on all of us who knew him
and I will miss my chat’s with him on Skype long into the early hour’s, was a pleasure to have known you buddy
my sincere condolence’s go out to Maria and his family “climb aboard Batman” he will know what that mean’s !!!

What sad news, I have talked to Archie from time to time on Skype, what a great man, what a shame. RIP Archie.

Stanfield:
R.I.P Archie.I never met him but enjoyed reading his post on TN.My condolances to his family.

Same here.I hope the family can draw a little strength from all the comments and tributes posted here.

I met Archie at Gentleman Georges funeral a smashing fella and a real gentleman,just like his old mate R.I.P. Archie

R.I.P. Archie , condolences to your Family

regards Johnnie

Good morning Gentlemen,

I have been in touch with Maria, Archie’s long-time partner, who asked me to post some words as a thank you to all of you who have known Archie or simply posted a little word on his farewell thread.

Maria is Brazilian so English is not her native language, but I think she does a perfectly good job of getting her point across, so I decided to simply copy and paste her exact words and not translate or edit anything.

My poor english is no’ enough for to say for everybody how he was so happy everytime that he knows different places in the world and how he enjoy to talk with people in all the world, special when already had met or talked in the trucknet. Everytime that he show me places that he had visited in one of this places in the world he always was so pleased. David, please tell for them my thankful for the condolonces and I’m sure if he can see this where he is, he will be very glad. He left us so early. Rest in peace.

RIP Archie

Best regards to all
David

What a lovely Tribute to such a fine fellow. thank you for sharing it with us David. R.I.P. Archie.

Thanks for posting that David, great tribute to a great Man . Well done Maria our thoughts are with you.

I’ve not heard whether there has been a funeral, I am assuming that there would have been an inquest due to the circumstances that contributed to Archie’s death. Presumably he will be buried near his home in Yorkshire.

Hi Chazzer,

I was in touch with Archie’s son Steve. Archie has already been cremated in Portugal, due to the various complexities associated with a repatriation to the UK.
However I understand that Steve’s intention is to organise a small commemoration in Yorkshire in the coming weeks - I have offered to publish a communication on TN if he wished.
I don’t have any further detail for the moment but will update this post as and when I have news.

Best regards
David

What sad news. Sincere condolences to Archie’s loved ones.

A lovely few words from Maria… All the more so for the slightly broken English.
Never met Archie but he sounds like he was an adventurer to the end.
R.I.P. …

Sad news about Archie. I used to see him regularly when I was shunting for Wincanton at Maltby.He did some part time work for Ward Brothers at Malton and brought stock loads down for picking. We used to have some good craic and banter.
My condolences to his family.
RIP Archie.