Cliff Leader

I guess this topic warrants a thread of it’s own. Archie Paice told us yeterday that Cliff Leader had passed away. Cliff had been involved with the transport industry most of his adult life both as a driver and Manager. As I have said in the MAT thread Cliff was a fair but firm bloke to work for but he did not bear a grudge, take it on the chin and all was forgotten. I lost track of Cliff when he left MAT only bumping into him once in Bradford (not litraly). Cliff would have been 80 years old in April.One way tip Cliff, no backload and enjoy the company up there because you join the ranks of many of our old driver mates who have tied their last dolly. RIP Cliff Leader.
Cliff

When I worked for Dines of Bicester, pulling Leaman trailer (CCSL) for Cliff, I broke down in Keighley, with some gearbox trouble, Cliff kindly put me up at his house that night a very generous man indeed. here is the said vehicle.

We should be able to post the funeral arrangements soon. Archie will update the site when he gets the info from Dave Clarks wife.
Cliff