Ignorant drivers that don't say thank you

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:
triple indies??..

hamburger lights my good man…hamburger lights…alzheimers kicking in early?,or was it all them drugs you took at woodstock thats giving you flashbacks?..to me they always reminded me of a piece and fried egg,but there you go… :slight_smile:

We’ve still got a load of ex Norfolk line VanHool tilts from the 80’s and some with the hamburgers still intact… :smiley:

You can keep em! The Hallens trailers are bad enough!

Yorkshire and Scottish drivers are the Tightest with money :grimacing:

Read the Highway Code on flashing your stupid headlights.
Don’t give me all that courtesy bumble manure about drivers sticking together.
Camaraderie is so 1980,s so forget that.
Just eat at any truckstop to see drivers with their heads buried in their App and internet phones while eating.
And ignore other drivers from the same firms.
Flashing in blows your bulbs, no law in the land says you have to flash, your mirrors are big enough to see behind you.
Flashing is from the 1940,s1950,s , 1960,s when mirrors were small and vibrated, to affect your clear vision .

How many times do we have to discuss this flashing in ■■■■■■■■, it’s even getting more boring than ‘‘Which truck sat nav is the best’’ :smiling_imp: :unamused:

Since you ask I’ll indulge so here goes (again :unamused: )

It has ■■■■ all to do with courtesy or toby with his 50s mirrors.

I flash all trucks in (unless the moronic ■■■■ cuts in on me before I get the chance :smiling_imp: ) because it’s the way I was brought up in the job.

It aint an affront to you guy’s masculinity :unamused: who say ‘‘I don’t NEED it’’ …it’s a sign to say I am comfortable with the space you have left, so pull back in …and thanks.

I don’t give a flying ■■■■ if you don’t flash me in, (believe it or not I don’t NEED it either :open_mouth: :bulb: ) …but if you do, I am also aware you are happy with the space I have left you before pulling back in…however I will not cut in like some of you arse holes who do. :smiling_imp:
It works, and has done for generations.

Also on this subject, a new overtaking trend has emerged, that I have found quite alarming among a few stars, is …
Signalling when they are half past you, ok I’m aware of the Highway Code intent thing, but it makes you think…Is this ■■■■ gonna cut in on me, or is he new and unsure of his trailer length, or what, so you end up slowing RIGHT down and too soon, just in case he ditches you.
Ok better than you Cut In [zb], but this is why a standardised unofficial system one size fits all old style flashing in WORKS :bulb:

By the way I was an 80s flags pennants, mirror rags and twin trucker twigs driver, but wtf is a hamburger light.■■ :neutral_face:

happysack:
I find the southern English are the most obnoxious. Glad I don’t venture south into the bum hole of the United Kingdom.

It’s easier to find your bum hole from the outside mate! :smiley:

And who gives a crap on whether you get a thank you or not, you’re flashing in for your benefit not their’s. OK they may not wait and come in earlier than you’d like, but what you going to do? Are you going to chase the bugger in vein for the next few miles plotting your revenge, or move on in a professional manner.

Yes I’d like everyone to follow the etiquette, but FFS lets not cry about it…

What’s more baffling to me, is the night drivers that have a completely deserted road to play with, and they still come back in ASAP.

robroy:
How many times do we have to discuss this flashing in ■■■■■■■■, it’s even getting more boring than ‘‘Which truck sat nav is the best’’ :smiling_imp: :unamused:

Since you ask I’ll indulge so here goes (again :unamused: )

It has [zb] all to do with courtesy or toby with his 50s mirrors.

I flash all trucks in (unless the moronic [zb] cuts in on me before I get the chance :smiling_imp: ) because it’s the way I was brought up in the job.

It aint an affront to you guy’s masculinity :unamused: who say ‘‘I don’t NEED it’’ …it’s a sign to say I am comfortable with the space you have left, so pull back in …and thanks.

I don’t give a flying [zb] if you don’t flash me in, (believe it or not I don’t NEED it either :open_mouth: :bulb: ) …but if you do, I am also aware you are happy with the space I have left you before pulling back in…however I will not cut in like some of you arse holes who do. :smiling_imp:
It works, and has done for generations.

Also on this subject, a new overtaking trend has emerged, that I have found quite alarming among a few stars, is …
Signalling when they are half past you, ok I’m aware of the Highway Code intent thing, but it makes you think…Is this [zb] gonna cut in on me, or is he new and unsure of his trailer length, or what, so you end up slowing RIGHT down and too soon, just in case he ditches you.
Ok better than you Cut In [zb], but this is why a standardised unofficial system one size fits all old style flashing in WORKS :bulb:

By the way I was an 80s flags pennants, mirror rags and twin trucker twigs driver, but wtf is a hamburger light.■■ :neutral_face:

Firstly flashing in is an Anglo Saxon thing which could still be found with the big flat glass mirrors in the US and probably Oz and NZ just as it was used here with the big Bedford and Ford type mirrors and the Euros etc then just copied it if/when they could be bothered.IE nothing to do with 1940’s AEC style mirrors.It was more a case again of us showing the world a useful idea which worked/works.As for later generations not using it I’d guess that has more to do with modern day ‘training’ ( indoctrination ) methods and a compliant modern generation that does what it’s told.

As for hamburger lights I guess that’s referring to those round flat tail lights which had the indicators as a thin strip between the red tail light part either side top and bottom. :bulb:

Foreign trucks never receive a flash-in from me. Ever.

robroy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ahem…and then there was light…remember now?? :smiley:

hamburger lights.jpg

dieseldog999:

Andy7777:
Must agree it’s rare I get a thankyou off the forigners that pull in soon as their past my slow rigid but allso find Arctic do wat ever they want anyway so I don’t tend to flash anywhere near as much as when I started all of 6 month ago

6 months!!! thatl be the honeymoon period over then…where did it all go wrong…back to macdonalds for you by next xmas at this rate. :slight_smile:

not at all im still enjoying the driving im doing haulage for coopers in winsford an got an assesment next week on the big toys see if my instructer thinks im good enough for the class 1s

SuperMultiBlue:

I bet that devastates them.

Carryfast:
As for later generations not using it I’d guess that has more to do with modern day ‘training’ ( indoctrination ) methods and a compliant modern generation that does what it’s told.

A lot of faults with the job today in comparison to before is down to just that.

Btw Never heard them being called Hamburgers before, that is a new one on me.
Are they really just 80s, I’m sure that I still see them now quite often.

robroy:

SuperMultiBlue:

Triggered?

robroy:

Carryfast:
As for later generations not using it I’d guess that has more to do with modern day ‘training’ ( indoctrination ) methods and a compliant modern generation that does what it’s told.

A lot of faults with the job today in comparison to before is down to just that.

Btw Never heard them being called Hamburgers before, that is a new one on me.
Are they really just 80s, I’m sure that I still see them now quite often.

born in the 70s…reared in the 80s,and still active today when you look…kinda similar to tangs and mullet haircuts… :smiley:

SuperMultiBlue:

robroy:

SuperMultiBlue:

Triggered?

_72344520_lloydpack_1990.jpg
Owight Dave.

robroy:

SuperMultiBlue:

robroy:

SuperMultiBlue:

Triggered?

Owight Dave.

Triggered :laughing:

Little ■■■■■

robroy:

SuperMultiBlue:

:laughing:

The-Snowman:

robroy:

SuperMultiBlue:

Oh look… here’s your bf :laughing:

SuperMultiBlue:

professional lorry driver? :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:

SuperMultiBlue:

professional lorry driver? :grimacing:

Yup :grimacing:

SuperMultiBlue:

The-Snowman:

robroy:

SuperMultiBlue:

Oh look… here’s your bf :laughing:

Supermultiblue showing us all his maturity again