If Carlsberg did distribution centres

albion:
I think that does sound good, having meetings - of course that is much harder for people who aren’t all at a base. i think my management style is best described as relaxed so people tend to call or stick their heads round the office door…

Re the scrutinising, fair enough, I’d read things before signing them; sometimes though it’s a one liner letter, not something committing your kids to slavery until 2040 :wink:

I’ve work for many companies in many industries and every company that has had good lines of communications with its staff have been far better to work for and I’ve felt the working atmosphere to be far better, because people could talk about minor issues before they became a major problem.

An open office door is good and I’m sure you have your regular visitors, but there are some people who are uncomfortable to knock on the door to raise an issue, maybe they feel it’s trivial or don’t want to be considered as a moaner, but left unresolved that trivial problem could lead to bigger problems including losing a good employee.
Something that one company I worked for did that might be more suitable for you, was a planned one to one meeting with the boss, as everybody had one, even the quiet employee felt they could have their say without having to feel like they were causing a fuss over a trivial thing. However it needs plenty of time set aside, because trying to get it over and done with only makes the employee feel that their views aren’t considered important.

switchlogic:
Holland is a wonderful country, I love it there.

From the little time I’ve spent there, got to say I agree with you.

muckles:

albion:
I think that does sound good, having meetings - of course that is much harder for people who aren’t all at a base. i think my management style is best described as relaxed so people tend to call or stick their heads round the office door…

Re the scrutinising, fair enough, I’d read things before signing them; sometimes though it’s a one liner letter, not something committing your kids to slavery until 2040 :wink:

I’ve work for many companies in many industries and every company that has had good lines of communications with its staff have been far better to work for and I’ve felt the working atmosphere to be far better, because people could talk about minor issues before they became a major problem.

An open office door is good and I’m sure you have your regular visitors, but there are some people who are uncomfortable to knock on the door to raise an issue, maybe they feel it’s trivial or don’t want to be considered as a moaner, but left unresolved that trivial problem could lead to bigger problems including losing a good employee.
Something that one company I worked for did that might be more suitable for you, was a planned one to one meeting with the boss, as everybody had one, even the quiet employee felt they could have their say without having to feel like they were causing a fuss over a trivial thing. However it needs plenty of time set aside, because trying to get it over and done with only makes the employee feel that their views aren’t considered important.

Might be an idea for the Southern staff - the Northern lot see me too much.Will give that some thought.

And another fan of Holland, though it was more transiting through to Germany, which I also like a lot. Never been a fan of the Med Countries.

It used to be that you would get a performance review once a year to get any problems sorted and it was a two way street. Any and all niggles, glitches and anything else was sorted amicably and everyone was happy. You felt involved and valued and your needs such as any training or skill updates would be discussed and implemented and you knew what was on the agenda for the next year or so. Happy days when managers managed and drivers drove!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not just RDC that are like that here in Holland.
What’s been described above is typical of life over here.
That’s why I’ve taken another 12 month contract in Holland.
Paul

PS Blondes, everywhere :smiley:

a few of you were talking of sainsbury’s dc

well, i work on agency at sainsbury charlton and i often do trunk runs up to waltham point and dartford, and they both actually have very nice canteens/restrooms. ok food, televisions, sofas, pool table, shower, even a book exchange. i think theres a gym at waltham point

but they won’t let visiting drivers up there. rest room access is behind a door opened by a smart card. i can get them to lend me a card because i’m driving for sainsburys but the rest of you have to sit in a crappy portacabin in the yard

i think its terrible

Ditto at Morrison’s Wakefield.

I may have asked on here before - (I can’t remember!) - but do Sainsburys still have a distribution centre at Basingstoke? That place I CAN remember, even though it was over 35 years ago! I also used to do Hoddesden, operated by Sims, I think, and also Buntingford, both a totally different type of operation, as I recall.

Steve

albion:

Wasn’t there a company that, April 1st one year, put a clause into their online “terms and conditions” about selling your immortal soul in perpetuity etc ? They wrote to the hundreds who’d signed and released them from the contract the next day.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Pah, OP obviously hasn’t visited Amazon at Dunstable.

ezydriver:

That place is like it’s being occupied by squatters not an internationally renowned company.

Is the drinks machine still free? (One bonus!)

kjw21:

ezydriver:

That place is like it’s being occupied by squatters not an internationally renowned company.

Is the drinks machine still free? (One bonus!)

Yes, if it works, but the toilet is (or was rcently) still blocked to the top with ■■■■■ matter. That’s over a month now. And somebody wiped their bum on the shower curtain. If I have to spend more than 30 minutes in there I feel depressed. My longest was 4 1/2 hours. Yes… I know.

Its " Carlsberg" for frecs sake.

As the post says if carlsburg did, never going to happen here just keep on watching the TV ad and dreaming and we have our self to blame for putting up with bad conditions, I’m alright jack ■■■■ you

pete smith:
Where is the picture of the Blonde bird? sod the coffee machine and bog!

I’d love nothing more than to share my pretty little Dutch girl with you. Unfortunately, I’d feel a bit awkward asking if I could take a photo of her, plus I’m sure she wouldn’t appreciate it being shared on a trucking forum to be leered at by a bunch of British drivers.

You’ll just have to be satisfied by my description of her.

She’s blonde, slim build, about 5’4", fresh faced natural beauty with little make up, lovely eyes that twinkle as she looks at you from behind the sliding glass window, likes to play tennis as she told me she recently had a shoulder injury, so she probably wears a little tennis dress, with tanned legs and white tennis shoes and… Blimey, you’ve got me at it now :smiley:

citycat:

pete smith:

I’d love nothing more than to share my pretty little Dutch girl with you. Unfortunately, I’d feel a bit awkward asking if I could take a photo of her, plus I’m sure she wouldn’t appreciate it being shared on a trucking forum to be leered at by a bunch of British drivers.

She’s blonde, slim build, about 5’4", fresh faced natural beauty with little make up, lovely eyes that twinkle as she looks at you from behind the sliding glass window, likes to play tennis as she told me she recently had a shoulder injury, so she probably wears a little tennis dress, with tanned legs and white tennis shoes and… Blimey, you’ve got me at it now :smiley:

:laughing:

peterm:

citycat:

pete smith:

I’ve got half a thick 'un on now with that description Citycat!

pete smith:

peterm:

citycat:

pete smith:

I’ve got half a thick 'un on now with that description Citycat!

Really pete xxxxxx

Just another little update on life in Holland

The local truckers took disabled kids out yesterday, thought it would be a small turnout, but over 100 vehicles of all shapes and sizes drove through the town.
Saw a guy stood at a set of traffic lights with two horses waiting to cross.
Then a fireworks competition on the beach.
Pretty awesome day in all.

Paul

And did I say lots of blondes?