North Belgium / South Holland

Guys and Girls, Im off job hunting in Holland and Belgium next week, any ideas who’s Door i should be knocking on? C+E jobs.

Girlfriend lives in South Holland so I thought I’d give it a go.

Try looking through this site it has lists of firms that
are based in Belgian and Holland, as well as germany , etc

HERE

Look under the heading CARRIER on the top of
the english side of the web site,

if you wanna be doing work back to the uk you could try Boom Logistics, they do all uk work ex holland… other than that there’s the usual ones like nedexco, jan de rijk, hsf from nijmegen etc, post kogego etc, all of them got lots of english drivers on…

ive been wanting to head to holland and find work but i would have to relocate as its not easy getting bk here or pointless tbh

gogzy:
ive been wanting to head to holland and find work but i would have to relocate as its not easy getting bk here or pointless tbh

ayup,just do it.You can spend all the time in the cab and when you have time off theres plenty of motels.Like you said youve nothing to lose. :wink: cheers Joe.

try pm’ing robbies dad, allikat has just left them.

jessicas dad:
try pm’ing robbies dad, allikat has just left them.

Thanks, as soon as I head Alli’s predicament I did PM Robbies Dad, but i was beat to it.

sweetleaf:
ayup,just do it.You can spend all the time in the cab and when you have time off theres plenty of motels.Like you said youve nothing to lose

Well I agree, but replace motel with girlfriends and youve got my plan :wink:

Brit Pete, well what can I say but thank you, may be admin should look at making that site a sticky.

Ayup,thats no problem,plenty of girls in Nederland,nice ones too,good luck. Joe

kato natie are always advertising for drivers in antwerp docks mate, dont know if the work is silo or curtainsider, but might be worth a try…pete

i hope to move to holland in the future after i get my HGV licence and work here for a while as i dont think i am ready to move countries yet, my gf is dutch so i have place to stay etc, i have been wanting to see vacancies for a longtime now, see if it is possible.

i have been told i would have to learn dutch BEFORE applying and i would have to do another HGV licence test…is this true?

i have been told i would have to learn dutch BEFORE applying and i would have to do another HGV licence test…is this true?

Well im living in the fair lands of the Netherlands now and yeah in the south they are realy sniffy about the language, but Belgium is close and they Dont care about language to much. If u pass a english C or CE licence then its a vaild one over here, the Dutch test is in two phases drawbar then artic, that causes confusion but it is still a european C+E. The Dutch also have a driver CPC like quailforcation, the CCV-B, but it is waved for holders of a uk licence, and will be replaced with the full EU Drivers cpc.

Dutch is a hard lingo as u probly allready know, so good luck what ever u deside.

thanks bigsib, great info there, yeah for sure it is a hard lang to learn, i picked up words as i was over there 4 months, i have a cd/book etc and pick up more from my gf and her family.

seems a lot easier than i expected with regards to licence restrictions etc…is there plenty of work out there then?..more than the UK

Work is slow at the moment, but then my dutch is still at the lvl of a 2 year old, talking to local employers they expect work to pick up at the end of march.

Be warned though I am having the same problem with experience as the Dutch have the same problem with eastern european damage that we have, but there only looking for 6 months rather than 2 years.

I’m even looking at warehouse work at the moment as i need to put food on the plate.

https://www.werk.nl/portal/page/portal/werk_nl/werknemer/working_in_the_netherlands_wn/inenglish is worth a look for a guide to working in Holland, Its written by the Dutch version of the job centre.

Thanks again, il give that site a good read.

Good news on the horizon then, end of march. How you finding it out there then? how long you been out there, providing all goes well for me il be based in Enschede. I got used to the roads pretty quick when i was over last month, although there road layouts are terrible in parts but all in all, a-ok, just got to watch out for the suicide cyclists!

must be terrible looking for jobs with near to no dutch language, i found it horrible if i had gone to the shops and they started speaking dutch…im like…errrr, no comprendy? ha. how are you finding it with the language barrier? must be horrible working with the “foreigners” with that, something i am not looking forward too, il keep you posted, might be sometime by the looks!

Ive only been out here a week now, and as the front suspension spring on my car failed a few days after arival ive been pretty much flat bound :cry:

Sprekt u Engels Taal? is the key phrase at the moment, lol, but im picking it up at a rate of knotts, but having the BBC on the telly dosent help, makes you lazy.

I’m in Tilburg but used to live in Arnhem some years ago, so i know the area your looking at. Just dont joke about fireworks!

Home is where u make it, there are some adjustments to make, but thankfully the dutch are nice peeps and are more than willing to help, But it is nice the girlfriends mum dosent speak english so theres no “mother in law” moments, lol. There isnt so much a barrier as ignorence by some peeps English is taught in schools from an early age so sometimes you wont get to speak Dutch as the local checkout girl will always want to practice her English. Also might be worth you trying to pick up some German there too as ur so close to the border!

Languge courses, I’m using Rosetta stone, its bloody expencive, but work every penny.

http://www.verkeerenwaterstaat.nl/english/263_road_traffic_signs_and_regulations/ has a PDF version of the dutch highway code in english to make it easier to understand dutch driving, but thank ur lucky stars ur that far north as u dont have as many Belgians driving there, they are suicidal! oh and dont forget most of the time Bikes and Trams have right of way no matter what, if they pull out on u its ur fault if u hit them!

Anything else I can help with just ask

Ah well good luck to ya mate, never know, might bumped into you at some service station.

Yeh my gf dad lives in one of the new houses after that happend, have you seen the youtube videos of it? unbelievable!, my gf was watching the football and her grandad came running round and told her and everyone to scoot! its full of fireworks…which nobody knew about!! not even the authorites…needless to say that football ground is no longer there!

Still though on new year you would never have guessed they had a badtime with fireworks…it was like a bloody warzone!!!, they love their fireworks.

Aye luckily a lot speak english, some of the older ones (like her grandma and grandad) never speak much english. Dont get me started on her mum, she wont be my mother in law even if we do get married! unfortunatley she can speak some english…but i wont go into that.

ha yeah bbc 1 and 2, i was shocked! but only watched it for homes under the hammer haha, even for eastenders ha.

Yes any help wil be very much appreciated, great to have someone who is doing the same as i want to in the near future, sure you will have lots of advice as your doing it! Have you been to th IND and everthing, registered with healthcare? Just keep me posted on how the jobs are over there, when it picks up etc so il have more of a chance on finding a job for an english speaking dude with no or little experience…uurrgghh.

Jon

Would not bother with Nedexco…just laid off 10 english drivers…but as has been said, things will pick up in March.

Last i heard HSF are double manned with eastern europeans driving for them…did hear that they are trying to get rid of them and try to get back to employing english drivers as they used to have :slight_smile: